Sometime in the past few months they updated the app so it's only compatible with 10.2 now.

It doesn't affect devices still on 10.1 that already have it installed because they won't be offered that update. It will affect people that try to install it that have never had it installed before.
    This is basically true.
    The version I have on my OS10.1 Z10 is 1.1.0.7.
    The updated version you speak of for OS10.2 is 1.1.0.15.

The thing is that BBW is structured so if an app is for a certain device or OS and the person looking to download that app does not meet that criteria, BBW will show an error indicating "it is not available for this device". The original version is still available for download even when the version number says it is the updated one. The developer made it so revenue can still be made from those on OS10.1.

I really didn't need it in my Q10, but I just downloaded it just to show everyone that it is still available for download if you have a 10.1 OS. And it works!!!

For all Sprint customers waiting on the 10.2.1 update. FINALLY SOME ANSWERS.-img_00000010.png

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:00 PM
    The bad part is that the developer made a really needed utility, and customers are under the belief that it does not work if on OS10.1.
    That is a real disservice to people who have a real need for it.
    It is also a disservice for the developer who lost many sales, after he went out of his way to make sure it was still available for download on 10.1.

ParanoidJack. Don't be paranoid! Just go to BBW, search for it, pay, and download it. It works...
    The app description will have the updated version number, but when downloaded it will be the original version.
    03-07-14 04:13 PM
    Normally region-specific settings are pushed to the device based on the SIM card that is inserted or which carrier is connected when the device first boots on a newly installed OS.

This may work differently for Sprint and Verizon since the "primary" radio is CDMA (which doesn't use a SIM), not GSM/3GPP.

Many people get BB10 updates not yet pushed by their carrier by just purchasing another carrier's SIM card and inserting it in the device temporarily. That changes the bootup banner image and various other OS customizations, and since updates are linked to the carrier, you will get whatever that carrier's officially-supported update is.

But I don't think that mechanism works on VZW/Sprint due to the CDMA radio being 'primary' as mentioned above.

So in a nutshell, I'm not sure how you would go about changing that.

There is a semi-secret configuration mechanism on Blackberries that might be able to do something with that, I'm not sure. (It's called "escreen", short for "engineering screen", a longtime feature designed to be used by Blackberry staff. If a search for "escreen" on here is not fruitful, I can dig up instructions on it for you if you're feeling boldly experimental. Just bear in mind that you can permanently bork the device with it if you don't know what you're doing. )
    Thanks, I'll have a look. Though my primary goal is not to brick my device. At 33 years old I pay to replace hardware myself and bricking my business line to get FM Radio and a few other toys isn't worth it.

I need hotspot more than I need 10.2.1.

Also very frustrated because now I can't install my BOA app - says that it is "unavailable" for this device. The copy I had installed didn't work anymore, stalled on boot, so I uninstalled and now can't reinstall.

I fear I was premature in my excitement that everything was fine, and now am going to do a factory wipe and reinstall the old one. Very frustrated and entirely blame Sprint.

Sachisi is not at fault and worked well; it's just the apps and services I need are carrier/region specific, Sachesi did great.
    03-07-14 06:58 PM
    For some reason, my hotspot started working again. Very happy but don't know why. No Bank of America as of yet. Can deal.
    03-08-14 12:22 AM
    Also very frustrated because now I can't install my BOA app

What is a "BOA app"?

- says that it is "unavailable" for this device. The copy I had installed didn't work anymore, stalled on boot, so I uninstalled and now can't reinstall.

If that is a native BB10 app then most likely the developer just needs to update their package to indicate compatibility with 10.2.1. Or it's possible that it is region-locked.

But the fact that your device apparently "thinks" it is not located in the USA is most likely not related to the OS - the installer files are international and should be identical regardless which country code you put into Sachesi to get the OS with.

Very frustrated and entirely blame Sprint.

Why? If the apps you want to work aren't working simply because the OS is 10.2.1, that's not Sprint's fault. If Sprint released 10.2.1 it would likely do exactly the same thing.

Sachisi is not at fault and worked well; it's just the apps and services I need are carrier/region specific, Sachesi did great.

Like I said, the way it's supposed to work for a NEW OS install is AFTER the OS is installed it communicates with the active carrier and downloads region customizations. For an UPDATE install (ie with Sachesi, or OTA) it should not change the region.

Something is strange with that install.
    03-08-14 05:22 AM
    Sorry - Bank of America. Perhaps they have also left BB for dead and not released a 10.2.1 update. Maybe I can try the android app. I'll give it a shot.

Perhaps I"m wrong about BOA's app not working because of region - could be totally off the mark, just a guess. I initially thought that because my hotspot gave me a region error, but as I said for some reason that resolved itself.

I blame Sprint because had I had the opportunity to do this the "proper" channel, I just have a suspicion that I wouldn't have experienced the hotspot and BOA issue. From what you're saying I'm wrong and it would have happened anyway. So be it. Then I instead choose to blame them for taking so long (STILL NOT OUT) to even release 10.2. I have been a Sprint customer since Direct Connect Nextel, and they have left Blackberry for dead. I'll stick with that reason if no other

Thanks again for your help.
    anon(8263181) likes this.
    03-08-14 11:58 AM
    Sorry - Bank of America. Perhaps they have also left BB for dead and not released a 10.2.1 update. Maybe I can try the android app. I'll give it a shot.

Perhaps I"m wrong about BOA's app not working because of region - could be totally off the mark, just a guess. I initially thought that because my hotspot gave me a region error, but as I said for some reason that resolved itself.

This is weird because I see NO Bank of America app for the BlackBerry 10 platform at all.

Are you sure you weren't already using an Android app?

I don't think BofA ever released a BB10 app. Just did a forum search and it seems to corroborate this. There is one in BlackBerry World, but it is for the legacy BBOS platform only.
    03-10-14 05:03 AM
    Anyone on the West cost have an update yet? I'm in Ohio and if it's not here within the rumored time frame I'm all ready to load the leak. Just figured I've waited this long so I'd give it a few more days.

Posted with my CB10 using the power of " Q "
    03-10-14 10:48 AM
    Anyone on the West cost have an update yet? I'm in Ohio and if it's not here within the rumored time frame I'm all ready to load the leak. Just figured I've waited this long so I'd give it a few more days.

West coast here. No release. No news. Leak it up

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-10-14 11:10 AM

Also from Ohio. They recently kicked the LTE on here in the northeast and it's incredible everywhere I go.
    03-10-14 01:15 PM
    Also from Ohio. They recently kicked the LTE on here in the northeast and it's incredible everywhere I go.
    Yes it's pretty amazing how well covered my part of the southeast is. I really thought that Marietta would be close to dead last on the list. We only have around 15,000 or so people here.

03-10-14 01:26 PM
    Nope not here in westcost. -Im here in California. This sucks...

"Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-10-14 01:48 PM
    Yes it's pretty amazing how well covered my part of the southeast is. I really thought that Marietta would be close to dead last on the list. We only have around 15,000 or so people here.

Right on. I have family that lives in Parkersburg and they are Sprint. I know my cousin was thrilled when the 4G became widespread down there.

Love those Mister Bee's
    03-10-14 02:13 PM
    Right on. I have family that lives in Parkersburg and they are Sprint. I know my cousin was thrilled when the 4G became widespread down there.

Love those Mister Bee's
    Yeah it's pretty awesome that Sprint has included us. There is a part of the area, Devola, that has forever only been 2G 1XRTT here. Just recently we went from that to a 20MPS + LTE connection. Talk about a jump.

Mr. Bee original are my favorite when I'm in the mood for a plain chip, yummy.

03-10-14 03:28 PM
    This was recently posted on a Sprint Community forum by the user "floridabird":

Well behold I was connected to an individual via Sprint Tech Support that was so helpful .....30 min phone call helpful....

I inquired about the 10.2 OS update that all us Blackberry Q10 owners have been screaming about since the end of Feb.

Well he was so helpful he put me on hold and spoke to Software Support Dept for Sprint, it was worth the hold time.

Ok here goes....the delay has been caused by glitches to the OS update ...the delay/glitches for over the air update or via usb to pc to receive the update is why.....Sprint Software Support has had problems with enabling the over the air update due to not enough band-width due to how big the 10.2 update is.

March 8 they are going to first release to the West Coast or East Coast then a "full release" on March 11-13

The rep informed me as well PLEASE TAKE NOTE......with any OS update that has several changes that will change your device there is a 98% chance that the new OS 10.2 update will erase/wipe your phone so be sure to sync contacts, etc prior to installing the update.

I thank you so much to gentleman that was so helpful, patient, and courteous with Sprint Tech Support that helped me.

I hope this helps all the Q10 owners out in the Sprint Community, no need for Sprint Customer Care to post anything on this thread as they have been irrelevant in every reply to questions and to re-direct us to the same non-helpful link newsroom.sprint.com

If someone in Customer Care would do the leg work myself and the tech support guy did you would not have so many ****** off customers!
    I saw this on the Sprint Community forum when it first posted. This guy (floridabird) has been a member of that forum since 2007, but only has 5 posts - all on the same day. In the Q10 section of Sprint's forums, there are a bunch of threads asking where the 10.2.1 update is. They are filled with hate and threats to leave Sprint. The Sprintcare mods reply with the same canned responses in robot-like fashion. There is much to this post that made me immediately think that someone is playing a joke. By the time I came to the 98% chance of complete data wipe, I had lost all thoughts that this was credible.

What makes that particular thread funny is that a user "dial88" posted screenshots of the leak that he installed along with a link to instructions on doing a Sachesi update. The last current post in the thread is a canned thank you by someone in Sprintcare directed at dial88 for being so helpful. Don't you think they would have either moderated the post or at least made a statement that running a leak is not sanctioned by Sprint?
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-10-14 07:39 PM

just sayin'
    tliolos likes this.
    03-10-14 07:41 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 05:06 AM
    Here's an answer for you. Do this exactly and you are good to go!

Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Up... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...e/td-p/2785507

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    all3n7 likes this.
    03-13-14 11:57 PM
    I feel like that's some BS that carriers tell their customers to get them to stop whining.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    axllebeer likes this.
    03-14-14 12:03 AM
    Sprint don't really care. Since they know that there's a Sachesi available.

"Initiated from my Q10 "
    03-14-14 12:51 PM
    I think I'm going to pass by a TM store and speak with a sales rep to see how would it benefit me to transfer my 4 lines from sprint over to them. How much are they going to actually cover and my what my out of pocket cost be. Because Sprint is just slacking.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 12:54 PM
    For all Sprint customers waiting on the 10.2.1 update. FINALLY SOME ANSWERS.-img_20140315_112422.png

Did the update using sachesi 1.1.2. My Q10 is now equipped with one of the latest. Now I can enjoy the awesomeness. Guys I highly recommend to update through sachesi. Don't wait for sprint. Cuz, Sprint Care, Don't Care..

"Initiated from my Q10 "
    nappp and axllebeer like this.
    03-15-14 01:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140315_112422.png 
Views:	434 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	255307

Did the update using sachesi 1.1.2. My Q10 is now equipped with one of the latest. Now I can enjoy the awesomeness. Guys I highly recommend to update through sachesi. Don't wait for sprint. Cuz, Sprint Care, Don't Care..

"Initiated from my Q10 "
    Agreed! I've already done it of course as well but let me restate:

IF, anyone is hesitant to do this (just as I was), follow the instructions, they are not that involved after you have the software, and you will have a lot of wonderfulness ahead of you.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    03-16-14 12:24 AM
    10.2.1 for Sprint is finally here. Good work and thank you for those that sent emails. I feel they helped

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-07-14 10:24 AM
    Yep finally and it's an upgrade from what I'm running so I'm all over it!
    nappp likes this.
    04-07-14 10:36 AM
50 12