hi,
    a while ago, I deleted a message from my gmail account on my Q10. I selected the message and tap "delete"... Next thing I know, ALL EMAILS WERE DELETED !!!
    I tried the various views like Inbox, Drafts and the rest but NOTHING WAS THERE.

I checked my gmail on my pc and I totally freaked out when I saw that the messages HAD BEEN DELETED FROM THE SERVER AS WELL !!!!
    I just restored my device from a back up but when it rebooted no messages were there either.

For me, I think it is the end of my relationship with Blackberry...

has anyone had this problem???

My device is a Q10 BD90 10.2.0.429
    01-28-14 02:00 AM
    Er, you chose to delete a Gmail through Q10 and all the other emails got deleted as well? Or you selected all the emails and then deleted them?
    Also, it's kind of a known thing for those BB10 devices that once you've deleted emails from your BlackBerry, it's permanently deleted off the server. There are various post regarding this issue and complaints by users.
    yor64 likes this.
    01-28-14 02:05 AM
    hi,
    a while ago, I deleted a message from my gmail account on my Q10. I selected the message and tap "delete"... Next thing I know, ALL EMAILS WERE DELETED !!!
    I tried the various views like Inbox, Drafts and the rest but NOTHING WAS THERE.

I checked my gmail on my pc and I totally freaked out when I saw that the messages HAD BEEN DELETED FROM THE SERVER AS WELL !!!!
    I just restored my device from a back up but when it rebooted no messages were there either.

For me, I think it is the end of my relationship with Blackberry...

has anyone had this problem???

My device is a Q10 BD90 10.2.0.429
    happened to me once, it was my mistake though as I fondly remember long pressing the date bar and selecting delete.

Just go to all mail folder on Gmail and select them all and move them back to inbox. I also contacted Google for assistance but they just sent me a sorry email.

If you've selected the option to send mail to trash instead of all mail when deleted via imap then restore emails from trash folder.
    Barljo and yor64 like this.
    01-28-14 02:28 AM
    Hi,

Thank you for your answers, I had selected just ONE message to be deleted...don't know if it helps but I just came back from a holiday.. Roaming was off during my holiday, when I came back the device wouldn't connect to my home wifi despite the fact that it was a saved network.. had to delete it and configure it again.. and after about half an hour all my emails were deleted... I will try to restore my messages through Gmail and will post the results... many thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 04:30 AM
    hi,

many thanks for your reply, it was of great help to me.
    I did manage to recover my messages but after I moved about 200 of them in my inbox from "all mail" only 40 of them came to my Q10...and all my drafts were nowhere to be found...what a mess...
    I guess I'll have to spend the rest of the day working on the pc..
    I wanted to ask you, in your answer, what does it mean " I fondly remember long pressing the date bar and selecting delete."??? It is a something that I'm not aware of....
    Also, you wrote that on Gmail, you can choose where deleted messages go... Trash or All mail....how to you configure that???

Thank you very much for your time!
    01-28-14 07:50 AM
    happened to me once, it was my mistake though as I fondly remember long pressing the date bar and selecting delete.

Just go to all mail folder on Gmail and select them all and move them back to inbox. I also contacted Google for assistance but they just sent me a sorry email.

If you've selected the option to send mail to trash instead of all mail when deleted via imap then restore emails from trash folder.
    hi,

many thanks for your reply, it was of great help to me.
    I did manage to recover my messages but after I moved about 200 of them in my inbox from "all mail" only 40 of them came to my Q10...and all my drafts were nowhere to be found...what a mess...
    I guess I'll have to spend the rest of the day working on the pc..
    I wanted to ask you, in your answer, what does it mean " I fondly remember long pressing the date bar and selecting delete."??? It is a something that I'm not aware of....
    Also, you wrote that on Gmail, you can choose where deleted messages go... Trash or All mail....how to you configure that???

Thank you very much for your time!
    01-28-14 07:52 AM
    Thre is a known bug that seems to delete months of emails from the device and server.

It's the Bb10 dirty secret that nobody wants to talk about except those affected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yor64 likes this.
    01-28-14 01:04 PM