For me, one of the most useful features of the "old" Blackberries (pre BB10) was the option of setting an alarm, then turning the phone off, and then the phone would turn itself on in time for the alarm to wake me up.
    I used this extensively on countless business travels, over many years, as I never wanted to use bedside mode. I always want to turn as many electrical devices that sit next to my head off, in particular during nighttime.

I think that only Blackberries and also the older Nokias were capable of this. So technically, this should be doable and not a problem.

Unfortunately, this feature seems to be gone from BB10 devices. Alarm only fires when the phone is on or in bedside mode.

Hoping that BBRY reads these threads, I would like to collect feedback from other users. Do you also miss this feature? Would having this feature be (another) reason for buying one of the new BB10 devices?
    bendiep1991 and Medard like this.
    05-29-13 01:44 AM
    Agree such a useful feature! Especially when your phone doesn't have much juice left you're still guaranteed an alarm in the morning
    05-29-13 02:02 AM
    Apparently, the phone doesn't turn off completely, just a standby/hibernate mode. but still, it is absolutely a key feature, I used it extensively on the older devices. So it can be implemented with a software upgrade and will hopefully be in a future version. In a way, I like their overall approach to the BB10 platform. Since this is a completely new platform developed from the ground up, they have taken a conservative approach and are bringing in features over a period of time. When BB10 first launched, it didn't even allow setting up different alerts/notifications for email and had only 30 days of email- now it does! . So, only a matter of time..
    05-29-13 02:16 AM
    I just picked up my Q10 and this morning the only device that woke me up was my old BB as the feature in the new one is not available. Another feature I cannot seem to find is the feature that if someone e-mailed me or called me and was not in my database, I could simply add it from there, it does not seem to be available in the Q10 from that screen. Am I missing anything here? How can it not be there?
    Cristina
    06-04-13 08:16 AM
    I just picked up my Q10 and this morning the only device that woke me up was my old BB as the feature in the new one is not available. Another feature I cannot seem to find is the feature that if someone e-mailed me or called me and was not in my database, I could simply add it from there, it does not seem to be available in the Q10 from that screen. Am I missing anything here? How can it not be there?
    Cristina
    Push and hold the unkown number, or the email with unkown sender, and menu options will allow you to add to contacts.
    06-04-13 10:51 AM
    Agreed with you also

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 11:35 AM