Yeah, that is an insane amount. I picked up a Z10 off of Craigslist for $125.00. I got along fine with BB10, but I could not get over how terrible the hardware felt, so I sold it back on Craigslist for $150.00. The person who bought it tried to return it to me because he disliked it so much.

Blackberry has to discount these phones heavily to get them in people's hands. I literally could not live with a Z10 that was $125.00 because it felt so cheap. Again, the OS was fine, it was the physical hardware that was severely lacking.
    Ever considered putting it in case?
    08-31-13 03:34 PM
    First off, I do not use Instagram. Second, the device costs a lot of money and does not meet my needs. If you understand where I was going with this post, it was an attempt to point out that a larger user base is likely necessary to attract the mainstream developers to create basic apps that have been around for years.

Many people who use other OS's will not switch because the Q10 does not meet their needs and they are not willing to lose $600+ on a phone that has a physical keyboard but lacks the most basic of applications. Therefore I am suggesting that Blackberry hold a major "sale" to get people who are on the fence to buy this phone knowing it won't meet their needs immediately, but ultimately will when app developers decide the user base is large enough to warrant their attention.

And, I will let you know that $600+ for a phone is a lot of money when you are still paying off 7 years of college full time to be an attorney. Without law school loans, maybe I would feel comfortable throwing $600+ in the sewer for fun. College tuition has quadrupled the rate of inflation in the US since the 1970's.

After living in poverty for 7 years to become an attorney, I am responsible with how I spend my money.
    No disrespect. But I think BlackBerry knows if they cut the price by over half they'll sell a lot more.

And surely if things get bad enough for them and you are willing to wait this is precisely what will happen.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1047
    08-31-13 03:41 PM
    I was on the fence about Q10 as well (especially with the current state of Blackberry) , but Sprint just released the Q10 w/ 2 year upgrade for $99.99. Also they will give me $42 for my 9930, which I can apply towards any phone. Hell a Q10 for $58? That is a no brainer. I spent $150 for my 9650 $199 for my 9930. I would've gladly paid something similiar for the Q10 or Z30.
    Also I'm not sure if it is ultimately the carriers decision on the cost of these device.
    Edit* Received misinformation from the Sprint Telesales person (should of known). $99 price point was only for customers who are porting over their phone to Sprint. So the price is $199 and the credit is only applied to your bill not the actual device. Great job Sprint sales team. Back on the fence again now that the Z30 has been announced. FML
    Last edited by crackavelli; 09-20-13 at 07:31 AM. Reason: misinformed
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-31-13 03:43 PM
    The buy it outright price from Sprint is pretty good. But it is Sprint.

Posted via CB10
    I saw that Sprint increased the full price to $529.99 yesterday later in the day. Maybe the $379.99 price was a typo.
    08-31-13 03:45 PM
    Your right i do miss "view text" in the 9900 menu when reading large PDF no phone had that feature period. Adobe reader with text Flow is a compromise if we can get larger text with text Flow.
    Keep Moving BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 03:51 PM
    The phone is expensive, but how much is your time worth? If you can be more productive, than perhaps it is worth it.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 03:58 PM
    Exactly I spent $600 on a new Q10 because of the production and usefulness it gives me now for work. I couldn't get half as much done on my HTC for work purposes it's an amazing device, I personally think blackberry did a fantastic job with this phone, some people have a hard time adapting to new things though.

Via REAL Keyboard Q10 or Badass HTC One
    08-31-13 04:02 PM
    As a "busy" lawyer I have the Q10 for email, voice, and text for business. it is an amazing list of apps you put to regular use. Why not carry an android tablet for those other functions? The Q10 would probably accomplish most of what you need; for the other stuff don't you need a bigger display (bigger than a phone)?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 04:11 PM
    A good complment hope the media admits it as well, all this garbage out there !

There is only one Q10 that's it ! Either support the company or live with swipe keys or voice text 100 words

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 04:11 PM
    Exactly I spent $600 on a new Q10 because of the production and usefulness it gives me now for work. I couldn't get half as much done on my HTC for work purposes it's an amazing device, I personally think blackberry did a fantastic job with this phone, some people have a hard time adapting to new things though.

Via REAL Keyboard Q10 or Badass HTC One
    Plus, if you sign up for a 2 year contract, most of the top/new phones are the same price anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 04:20 PM
    Op has obviously never handle a BB10 device ever, so here are some features you should know about:

-you can side load most of these apps.
    -BB10 browser is the best mobile Browser out there period.
    -take a BB10 device and compare the youtube browser base app on the bb10 device, with any other app from android or iOS and you will convince your self, BB10 lot faster.
    -the BB10 OS is the most multifunctional, i've tried and use all 3 platforms.
    -BB10 is nothing near compare to legacy BB devices.
    -Camera is on par with almost every device out there.
    -specs, well the Z10 specs are higher than iPhones, so is not that important if the specs of the device are what the OS needs.
    -BB hub, all in one, no going into the app itself to do what you want.
    -NO HOME BUTTON
    -active frames, keeps your open apps right on sight, and much more.

My advise is for you to take your time and research first, than try a BB10 device, than you can talk all you want.
    phamduysc likes this.
    08-31-13 04:32 PM
    I am one of those "on the fence" potential BB10 buyers. I previously owned a Curve 8330 and a Tour 9630. I loved my Blackberries, but ultimately switched to iOS and Android due to the complete lack of internet browsing capabilities and applications. Anyone who thinks that a Curve 8330 could browse the internet at the same level as an iPhone 4 is delusional.

I am legitimately interested in the Q10 because I am a busy attorney who types over 50 emails a day from my phone while I am in court.

However, due to the horrific quality of applications along with the complete lack of mainstream applications, I am absolutely unwilling to pay $600+ for a Q10. It is not going to happen, especially when I could go buy a quad core, 2GB RAM, Nexus 4 directly from Google for $249.00.

My advice to Blackberry-- hold a massive Q10 sale for a month and drop the price of the units down to $250.00 off contract and unlocked directly from their website. If Blackberry held a sale of that nature, it may very well move their phones into "on the fence" consumers' hands. Getting this phone out into the market is absolutely pivotal for getting app developers to make applications for the phone because it will have a larger user base.

Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 for $600+? No, not with the current set of terrible applications and OS deficiencies (that are being worked on and will likely be resolved). Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 on sale unlocked directly from Blackberry for $250? I would do it right now.

Blackberry needs to do something drastic to get these phones into people's hands.
    Op, you have obviously never handle a BB10 device ever, so here are some features you should know about:

-you can side load most of these apps.
    -BB10 browser is the best mobile Browser out there period.
    -take a BB10 device and compare the youtube browser base app on the bb10 device, with any other app from android or iOS and you will convince your self, BB10 lot faster.
    -the BB10 OS is the most multifunctional, i've tried and use all 3 platforms.
    -BB10 is nothing near compare to legacy BB devices.
    -Camera is on par with almost every device out there.
    -specs, well the Z10 specs are higher than iPhones, so is not that important if the specs of the device are what the OS needs.
    -BB hub, all in one, no going into the app itself to do what you want.
    -NO HOME BUTTON
    -active frames, keeps your open apps right on sight, and much more.

My advise is for you to take your time and research first, than try a BB10 device, than you can talk all you want.
    08-31-13 04:34 PM
    I agree that the phone prices are severely overpriced. The Q5 should be $250 off contract, the Z10 probably $400 and the Q10 maybe $450. I think that is reasonable based on what you are getting.
    The Z10 is currently less than $400 on Amazon
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Z10 16gb Black Factory Unlocked Gsm: Cell Phones & Accessories
    08-31-13 04:43 PM
    Can this thread be retitled to "I want a Q10 for $250"? Seriously.

If BlackBerry were to hold a sale, don't just give the $250 price to anyone, like to the OP. Sell the $250 Q10's to exisiting BlackBerry owners who have been with their legacy phones for at least a year. Use the BBID to check for active status and link validity to that.
    LuvULongTime and stevepar like this.
    08-31-13 04:57 PM
    Now we are talking ! A+

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:05 PM
    Yeah, that is an insane amount. I picked up a Z10 off of Craigslist for $125.00. I got along fine with BB10, but I could not get over how terrible the hardware felt, so I sold it back on Craigslist for $150.00. The person who bought it tried to return it to me because he disliked it so much.

Blackberry has to discount these phones heavily to get them in people's hands. I literally could not live with a Z10 that was $125.00 because it felt so cheap. Again, the OS was fine, it was the physical hardware that was severely lacking.
    I can't believe what I'm reading. So I reach over to my desk to touch and squeeze and cuddle my Z10. Thanks god it still does not at all feel terrible or cheap. Actually, it is one very well built phone and feels incredibly good in the hand. How can one call it "terrible" or "cheap"?

But at least we are in agreement on Q10 pricing. It is too high.
    08-31-13 05:31 PM
    I do not want to use two phones. One phone can wear out the inner pockets of your suits. Putting one phone in each interior jacket pocket will lead to very warped suits, which is not acceptable for me. I also do not wear holsters, so that is not a solution either.

I like the two phone suggestion, but it will not work for me.
    Seriously? Why not get a briefcase or man purse then? Or just shell out whatever it costs to get a single Q5 or Q10 if using a keyboard for important email communication is that important to you.
    08-31-13 05:32 PM
    I can't believe what I'm reading. So I reach over to my desk to touch and squeeze and cuddle my Z10. Thanks god it still does not at all feel terrible or cheap. Actually, it is one very well built phone and feels incredibly good in the hand. How can one call it "terrible" or "cheap"?

But at least we are in agreement on Q10 pricing. It is too high.
    Sorry, I love BB, but I kind of have to agree. I was so disappointed when I picked up the Z10. My wife even thought it felt cheap in the hand. I ended up with a Q10, and she jumped ship to a S4.

Posted via CB10
    law2010 likes this.
    08-31-13 05:53 PM
    I am one of those "on the fence" potential BB10 buyers. I previously owned a Curve 8330 and a Tour 9630. I loved my Blackberries, but ultimately switched to iOS and Android due to the complete lack of internet browsing capabilities and applications. Anyone who thinks that a Curve 8330 could browse the internet at the same level as an iPhone 4 is delusional.

I am legitimately interested in the Q10 because I am a busy attorney who types over 50 emails a day from my phone while I am in court.

However, due to the horrific quality of applications along with the complete lack of mainstream applications, I am absolutely unwilling to pay $600+ for a Q10. It is not going to happen, especially when I could go buy a quad core, 2GB RAM, Nexus 4 directly from Google for $249.00.

My advice to Blackberry-- hold a massive Q10 sale for a month and drop the price of the units down to $250.00 off contract and unlocked directly from their website. If Blackberry held a sale of that nature, it may very well move their phones into "on the fence" consumers' hands. Getting this phone out into the market is absolutely pivotal for getting app developers to make applications for the phone because it will have a larger user base.

Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 for $600+? No, not with the current set of terrible applications and OS deficiencies (that are being worked on and will likely be resolved). Would I buy a Blackberry Q10 on sale unlocked directly from Blackberry for $250? I would do it right now.

Blackberry needs to do something drastic to get these phones into people's hands.
    First, if you are an attorney, you are not a busy one. Games, Apps, emails from court, really? The only indication I have that you are an attorney is your arrogant sense of entitlement, can't afford a paralegal either?
    Gimme a break!
    Get your Android and you can guarantee your "clients" No confidentiality, now go to school so you can get an income to match your ego.
    08-31-13 06:00 PM
    Blackberry is a TOOL not a toy.
    08-31-13 06:47 PM
    Cheap : come on ! Geez, the best email, tri lingual fast intuitive keyboard, all the key apps, great Social integrated apps, productivity apps , real easy to use Storymaker for professional and social storyboard media , camera , Cross platform BBM, swipe gesture and 10.2 around the corner ! Versus an iP5 ! Come on !

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 06:57 PM
    First, if you are an attorney, you are not a busy one. Games, Apps, emails from court, really? The only indication I have that you are an attorney is your arrogant sense of entitlement, can't afford a paralegal either?
    Gimme a break!
    Get your Android and you can guarantee your "clients" No confidentiality, now go to school so you can get an income to match your ego.
    Thats probably the most childish response so far. Contrary to your opinion, Attorneys, like anyone else who has a job, is human and has other interests beyond work. A mobile device fulfils work and play needs which are often intertwined. There's certainly some arrogance here, but its coming from you.

Chill out.
    08-31-13 07:01 PM
    Well, I really think the OP has a point. For instance, here in Portugal a Q10 off contract sells for 759�, or 1000$. That's roughly (a little more) than an iPhone 5 64GB off contract.

You can buy one for 285$ with a two year contract, but with a 115$ plan a month.

I think that's insane for US standards, let alone for a relatively poor European country. Bare in mind that I would have to buy a 32 or 64GB card to match the iPhone 5's memory.

I would trade my used iPhone 5 64GB for a Q10 in a second if the price dropped for around 550$ off contract. I have had the opportunity to test a Q10 for a week and i think it is great. The OS is the best I have ever used, and I've tried them all.
    law2010 likes this.
    08-31-13 07:02 PM
    Thats probably the most childish response so far. Contrary to your opinion, Attorneys, like anyone else who has a job, is human and has other interests beyond work. A mobile device fulfils work and play needs which are often intertwined. There's certainly some arrogance here, but its coming from you.

Chill out.
    yea but if he is apparently as busy as he claims and that he is trying to pay debts, then gaming is not really an option.

and honestly after looking at his app requests, it seems he needs a bigger screen estate than that of a q10, some of those apps are games or information about games which includes a lot of pictures and videos. so why even consider a q10? If those are the apps you are looking for, then either get an Android/ IOS device or get a q10 and Partner with a small tablet like first gen nexus 7.

Z10 from ze Germany
    08-31-13 07:19 PM
    OK the pricing is an issue, that's beyond my control, but let's give this company some credit ! The Q10, Z10 and Q5 with the 10.1MR OS and the Balance feature and Secure Work Space is a great phone and enterprise platform.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 07:21 PM
233 12345 ...