This phone rocks. I bought it a couple of days ago from a fellow Crackberrian and it's everything I wanted it to be and more! Lag-free usage (curse you Android!), comfy keyboard, small form factor, a ton of shortcuts to play around with and customize and all these sweet details like locking when being holstered or unlocking with a swipe make it too damn good.

My past 3 android phones all felt like a repetitive laggy experience, despite each being quite a step up in specs (and size...) from the previous one. And somehow a phone designed 3 years ago manages to provide the experience I've been wanting for so long.

I do understand the gripes people might have with the dwindling amount of apps, but that's a non-issue for me. My only issue is having had to endure Android for so long and not noticing this earlier!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, raph_ryo, ominaxe and 2 others like this.
    12-02-16 02:58 AM
    Only You know what suits you.
    With some limitations BB10 is great OS/Phone no doubt !
    Uzi likes this.
    12-02-16 03:15 AM
    No doubt a great phone with its own plus points scaling maximum score on practicality, design, performance, durability, good software integration, lag free performance, email, great screen, sturdiness etc.. a great phone with a great package - Q10!!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 08:36 PM
    My Q10 is perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-16 10:20 PM
    This phone rocks. I bought it a couple of days ago from a fellow Crackberrian and it's everything I wanted it to be and more! Lag-free usage (curse you Android!), comfy keyboard, small form factor, a ton of shortcuts to play around with and customize and all these sweet details like locking when being holstered or unlocking with a swipe make it too damn good.

My past 3 android phones all felt like a repetitive laggy experience, despite each being quite a step up in specs (and size...) from the previous one. And somehow a phone designed 3 years ago manages to provide the experience I've been wanting for so long.

I do understand the gripes people might have with the dwindling amount of apps, but that's a non-issue for me. My only issue is having had to endure Android for so long and not noticing this earlier!

Posted via CB10
    It depends on what kind of Android phones you had. If you had bought the Q10 three years ago, it was not as good as it is today (hint: updates) and it was much more expensive.

If you don't need many apps to begin with, you simply use your phone as an old school communication device (calls, messages, BBM, mails) - just like I do - and BB10 device with its price today is a real good bang for your buck. Anyway, welcome to BB10

Posted through my  Z30
    Uzi likes this.
    12-02-16 10:56 PM
    I agree. Now that the software has been refined, The Q10 is actually much better than it was when it was first released. I bought the Q10 when it was first released for like $500 or $600; I can't remember. Anyway, I just bought 2 brand new white ones on ebay for $230 each. I am returning to the Q10 from the Classic, and very happy to be back. Great little phone.

Just wanted to add that I'm not bragging about getting them for $230. However, after buying 3 others on ebay that were listed as new, but turned out to refurbished, I didn't mind paying a little more for Q10s that were actually new. They also have all of the LTE bands used by at&t and T-Mobile; two of the refurbished ones I bought did not have any of them.
    Last edited by EYE2; 12-03-16 at 06:52 PM.
    12-02-16 11:02 PM
    Someone mentioned Android phones lag.

Curious about that.

When and possibly IF BlackBerry drops/ EOLs these phones, and the new BlackBerry android keyboard phone comes out, the bridge to android may have to be crossed.

Is lagging a problem on the android OS?

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    12-03-16 09:05 PM
    It depends on what kind of Android phones you had. If you had bought the Q10 three years ago, it was not as good as it is today (hint: updates) and it was much more expensive.

If you don't need many apps to begin with, you simply use your phone as an old school communication device (calls, messages, BBM, mails) - just like I do - and BB10 device with its price today is a real good bang for your buck. Anyway, welcome to BB10

Posted through my  Z30
    Do you remember android 3 years ago? Painful to use. That's Samsung S3/4 times. BlackBerry 10 wasn't great at launch though, after 10.1 it was good and 10.2 gave it a great bump up

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 09:34 PM
    Someone mentioned Android phones lag.

Curious about that.

When and possibly IF BlackBerry drops/ EOLs these phones, and the new BlackBerry android keyboard phone comes out, the bridge to android may have to be crossed.

Is lagging a problem on the android OS?

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    It depends on the device and android version. It's getting better, but anything before android 5 was a lag infested nightmare compared to BlackBerry 10's fluidity. I don't think anything really matches the real time fluidity of bb10

Posted via CB10
    12-03-16 09:36 PM

Posted through my  Z30
    I have to clarify, it's not just an old-school communication device. It's got a lightning-fast browser, great music player / downloader, video player and has the micro-hdmi port. Being tiny on top of all that is just a PLUS for some of us.

Less is truly more -- even not considering the extra bonus of them selling so cheap! It will remain my favorite BlackBerry phone, although hopefully never my ONLY BlackBerry phone.

More Android users would come to BlackBerry if only they knew! Sure there are SOME apps missing that would be a deal-breaker to some people, but I am not missing anything.
    TheAuthority likes this.
    12-03-16 10:12 PM
    Them Q10s are really good phones. I have a couple using a classic now. Was a tough call to get the bigger phone. One thing I really like is when I wore out a keyboard or broke a screen I could get new ones for a few dollars and switch them out myself in a few minutes. Changing a keyboard on this classic looks much tougher. Hopefully will be a long time till it needs it.

BlackBerry = word substitution
    12-03-16 10:22 PM
    I think my Q10 is not the new one as my bbm can not be registered, but still I like the little fellow phone

Any place I can get a new Q 10? Thx

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 12:35 PM
    I think my Q10 is not the new one as my bbm can not be registered, but still I like the little fellow phone

Any place I can get a new Q 10? Thx

Posted via CB10
    As long as you live in the United States, I can highly recommend the seller in the link below as both Q10s I bought from them were new as advertised.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-BlackBerry-Q10-White-Factory-Unlocked-SQN100-1-USA-Seller-/232079392305?hash=item3609027e31:g:Kk8AAOSwZVlXp4y l
    12-04-16 05:23 PM
    Great phone indeed. I bought like 6 of them. When I lost one drunk or in a case someone stole it from me, I just kept rebuying it. I didn't need anything else

Posted via Passport SE
    12-04-16 06:28 PM
    I've had my Q10 for several months now. I hope to use it for several years. Almost perfect size, high quality, vastly superior OS (in my opinion) and an excellent REAL keyboard. When it wears out I'll probably get a flip phone. I've gotten to the point where I just don't like Google (or Apple or Microsoft) at all.
    ChrisLeNeve and TheAuthority like this.
    12-07-16 12:29 AM
    I agree. Now that the software has been refined, The Q10 is actually much better than it was when it was first released. I bought the Q10 when it was first released for like $500 or $600; I can't remember. Anyway, I just bought 2 brand new white ones on ebay for $230 each. I am returning to the Q10 from the Classic, and very happy to be back. Great little phone.

Just wanted to add that I'm not bragging about getting them for $230. However, after buying 3 others on ebay that were listed as new, but turned out to refurbished, I didn't mind paying a little more for Q10s that were actually new. They also have all of the LTE bands used by at&t and T-Mobile; two of the refurbished ones I bought did not have any of them.
    Yep it is disappointing to buy something that you expect to be new, but turns out to be just new to you, even if it is in great condition.

I too got one of the 100 -3 models that work okay, but the LTE bands are not compatible with most North American carriers. It had an open box, with the software already updated to 10.3.2, Chinese language loaded (it was shipped from China). It appeared to be new with all the tape on the phone and the accessories were wrapped. The strangest thing was the sticker that is normally on the box was inside the box still attached to its backing paper and indicated that the phone was black, but it was in fact white and the IMEI number on the sticker matched the phone. The good news is that an extra battery, clear gel case and screen protector were unexpectedly provided. The strange things that happen on Amazon.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 09:40 PM
    Different coding tools between os
    BlackBerry 10 app codes using QT. It is a C++ package.
    Apple ios. Using object-C. Another C ++ package.
    C++ can handle everything of a system. Because system like UNIX and windows all made by C & C++ codes.

Android is using JAVA. So the app running on a simulator written by C++ which runing over basic system. That is why it always slow but it can fit for various hardware without any changes in code.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 03:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    I very recently (same time as you more or less) also got my first BB10 device and couldn't be happier. I got the Q5 though, not the Q10.

I'm also not a fan of all the apps and don't have a need for it.

Enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 12:50 PM
    As far as the Android lagginess goes: my Nexus 5X has been driving me crazy since I bought it three months ago. I just popped the SIM back in the Classic today (& decided to creep on the Q 10 forums) bc the Nexus *will* not support a browser w/o a good three to four tries & apps crash all the time. It got a little better w/ the update to 7.0 but even though Android 7.1 came out a few days ago, I have still not gotten the update to N5X. The Classic, w/ all its quirks, is much more fluid for me & I even tried in vain to put the BlackBerry launcher on the N5X to try to get some stability but ended up getting the Ghostery Browser bc it was the only one stable. It is a lite browser & it seems Chrome/Chrome Dev/Chrome BETA & Chrome Canary are all too "heavy" or whatever to handle their own basic functions. I may have gotten a lemon, but who knows?

Anyway, 7.0 has been **** for me, so far.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-16 03:15 PM
    Amazing ;-)
    Had similar feelings.

Sent via BB Q10 - Q10SQN100-3/10.3.3.2049
    12-10-16 01:20 AM
    I had totally moved away from bb10, yesterday just went and ordered a q10 and silver passport.

I still feel for work, bb10 is superior.
    12-10-16 09:27 AM
    I have been using my Q10 to write my novel. The keyboard is just fantastic. Everything works seamlessly. I can sneak out my emails while working on the novel or changing apps quickly.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 06:41 AM
    I have been using my Q10 to write my novel. The keyboard is just fantastic. Everything works seamlessly. I can sneak out my emails while working on the novel or changing apps quickly.

Posted via CB10
    What app do you use for your novel writing?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 07:34 AM
    What app do you use for your novel writing?

Posted via CB10
    Hi dude, you can use monospace - quiet cool mono and simple note app. This app from playstore, you can install direct or sideload it. I have a collection of note app: onenote/evernote/monospace.
    Absolutely amazed by my new Q10-img_20161212_211913.png

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 08:21 AM
    so great, i hv just buy Q10, love it, and using all day
    TheAuthority likes this.
    12-14-16 10:52 PM
30 12