• 1 Post By agreer
  • 1 Post By L o r d R a j
  • 1 Post By L o r d R a j
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 5 days with Q10 and 2 questions - mute and battery

I love my q10 and it is working spectacularly well. I just have 2 questions about the device
    1: How can I quickly mute the phone in meetings or movies and such? Went to the theater last night and had to dig thru settings to mute - I must be missing something obvious.

2: How can I get the battery percentage to display on the screen? the battery seems to be lasting forever but having the percentage would help me gauge it a little better.

Loving this phone!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

1) to mute your phone, just hit the middle button on the side.

2) to see remaining battery life, go to setting --> About -- > select hardware (under category) and then scroll down.

HTH, I'm new to the Q10 as well and really enjoying it, but still learning.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by agreer View Post
    I love my q10 and it is working spectacularly well. I just have 2 questions about the device
    1: How can I quickly mute the phone in meetings or movies and such? Went to the theater last night and had to dig thru settings to mute - I must be missing something obvious.

2: How can I get the battery percentage to display on the screen? the battery seems to be lasting forever but having the percentage would help me gauge it a little better.

Loving this phone!
    If you want to quickly change the profile (silent / vibrate only):

From the home-screen Swipe down from top.
    There will be a Notifications option (Bell Icon)
    TAP the Bell ICON. It will toggle between normal and silent/Vibrate only.

Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24F19D14

1 : to mute , pull down the menu in the homescreen , and push on the notifications icon , this will switch to mute , or vibrate only. Depends on what you selected the first time.

2 : I use a simple battery app to watch this(battery percentage). Just keep the active frame open , or close it and open it when you would like to check percentage.
    Going to the menu , hardware etc take a lot of more steps.
    CrackBerry User

Depending on your os, the battery will show you increments of 1 or 5 %. If your like me, I have an addiction for checking out how the battery is doing throughout the day battery guru is an awsome app.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks guys!

The middle button doesn't seem to toggle between modes, the only thing I have got that button to do is launch voice command when pressed for several seconds. When I hit mute at the lock screen, or even the home screen, I get no indication whatsoever that it is in or out of mute mode. This results in my having to pull down the quick access pane and go into notification settings to change this most basic setting - this needs to be fixed in the next sw update. Same for battery life, there needs to be an option to display it in the top bar, not just list it in a burried settings menu. These are basic things on a smartphone that you should not have to dig to get at..

running on 10.1.0.2030 att
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    24F19D14

it isn't it as hard as you say.
    You do not have to go to the settings.
    Just tap the bell icon in the quick menu and you are in mute...

Thanks guys!

The middle button doesn't seem to toggle between modes, the only thing I have got that button to do is launch voice command when pressed for several seconds. When I hit mute at the lock screen, or even the home screen, I get no indication whatsoever that it is in or out of mute mode. This results in my having to pull down the quick access pane and go into notification settings to change this most basic setting - this needs to be fixed in the next sw update. Same for battery life, there needs to be an option to display it in the top bar, not just list it in a burried settings menu. These are basic things on a smartphone that you should not have to dig to get at..

CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks guys!

Buddy - you don't need to go into notification settings. You just TAP the BELL ICON on the swipe down menu that appears. When silent mode is activated, it will show a Bell with a diagonal strike next to the battery.

The MIDDLE button - is for mute when you are on a call. As in - it mutes so the other person can't hear what you are rambling on about on the other end with someone else.
    Thanked by:
    Harry_III_UK (07-11-2013) 
    Harry_III_UK likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Tapping the BELL will toggle between Normal profile and your last selected profile (Vibrate only or Silent or Phone Calls only... whatever you had selected previously).

Screenshots attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5 days with Q10 and 2 questions - mute and battery-img_00000037.png   5 days with Q10 and 2 questions - mute and battery-img_00000038.png  
    Thanked by:
    Harry_III_UK (07-11-2013) 
    ColdStoneGuards likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks, LordRaj. That make it easier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by jwu7538 View Post
    Thanks, LordRaj. That make it easier.
    Happy to help.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts

What posters said above and Battery Guru is really nice, it tells you %, time until empty, and some extra stuff in the active frame, (when you leave it running).
    Primary: BlackBerry Q10 - Black/Verizon
    Secondary: iPhone 4 - White/Verizon
    Tablet: iPad 2 - Black/WiFi

SELLING MY BLACKBERRY Q10 BATTERY/CASES: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-grabs-908280/

My BlackBerry Q10 Review: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post8799775

Patience is virtue.
    Knowledge is power.
    Thin Blue.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

So then if suprised in a meeting or in church with a loud notification, in order to mute, you need to discretely take out the phone, swipe up, enter a company imposed password which must include at least a cap and a special character, swipe down, and press the bell icon. The Palm Pre had a little slider switch right on the top that you could feel and switch in your pocket or holster. I wonder if that is one of their coveted PDA device patents?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by L o r d R a j View Post
    Tapping the BELL will toggle between Normal profile and your last selected profile (Vibrate only or Silent or Phone Calls only... whatever you had selected previously).

Screenshots attached
    LOL...love the folder names..."Crap" "More Crap"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewPreKnox View Post
    1) to mute your phone, just hit the middle button on the side.

2) to see remaining battery life, go to setting --> About -- > select hardware (under category) and then scroll down.

HTH, I'm new to the Q10 as well and really enjoying it, but still learning.
    ------
    No offense, but OP, don't do what he suggested for your first problem, that will actually start playing your music over the speaker if you have your music player running in an active frame, lol. Quite the opposite of what you're trying to do. Do what others have said, swipe down from the home screen and touch the bell icon, not the word. Touching the word will bring you to the notifications settings, while touching the icon will simply toggle between normal and vibrate only.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,805 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKern View Post
    So then if suprised in a meeting or in church with a loud notification, in order to mute, you need to discretely take out the phone, swipe up, enter a company imposed password which must include at least a cap and a special character, swipe down, and press the bell icon. The Palm Pre had a little slider switch right on the top that you could feel and switch in your pocket or holster. I wonder if that is one of their coveted PDA device patents?
    No, if the notification is already going, just hit any button and it'll shut the phone up. The volume rocker included. So hit that first to shut it up, then open your phone and put it on vibrate only for future notifications.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Thanked by:
    JohnKern (01-20-2014) 
    Banned

In regards to the battery indicator, I like the app BX battery info.. it's free, and I always keep the active frame open so it keeps the battery updated every percentage mark.. see attached photo
    5 days with Q10 and 2 questions - mute and battery-img_00000883.png

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

If you press the up or down volume buttons, and all it will do is adjust "media" volume, there is a setting you can toggle.

When you find that toggle (wish I could remember where I found it) you will then have the ability to adjust the ringer volume with those buttons.

When I run the volume down to the bottem, my phone goes silent.

CDN BB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by L o r d R a j View Post
    If you want to quickly change the profile (silent / vibrate only):

From the home-screen Swipe down from top.
    There will be a Notifications option (Bell Icon)
    TAP the Bell ICON. It will toggle between normal and silent/Vibrate only.

Hope this helps.
    can't the Q10 change between sound and vibrate by just pressing for 1 second "Q" from the home screen like legacy devices did?
    8800 -> 8320 -> 9500 -> 8900 -> 9650 -> 9700 (now my sister's) -> 9780 (now my GF's) -> 9900 -> Q10