Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 2 cameras maybe ;)

i would like to really see 2 cameras on the new N series with the keyboard. cuz i love the keyboard and i skype alot, then i would throw my ipod away and be ios FREE. never was fan of touch screen, woundering what you guys think.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2bb37f14

Default Re: 2 cameras maybe ;)

There will be a camera on the front of the N Series, it's been shown in the leaked slides a few weeks back. I think there have been reports of video chatting within BBM, so that will use the front facing camera. I don't know about Skype though. A representative from Skype attended one of the developer meetings a few months back, but that doesn't mean they're definitely making an application. I don't use Skype, but I know lots of people who do, and having Skype would be one more thing BlackBerry could offer someone looking to get rid of their iOS device or Android phone.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default 2 cameras maybe ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SK122387 View Post
    There will be a camera on the front of the N Series, it's been shown in the leaked slides a few weeks back. I think there have been reports of video chatting within BBM, so that will use the front facing camera. I don't know about Skype though. A representative from Skype attended one of the developer meetings a few months back, but that doesn't mean they're definitely making an application. I don't use Skype, but I know lots of people who do, and having Skype would be one more thing BlackBerry could offer someone looking to get rid of their iOS device or Android phone.
    yeaaaa buddy!! 2 cameras and bbm video is wooow praying for skype i guess. thanks sk122387

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by SK122387 View Post
    Nobody knows for sure if that was an actual front facing camera in the slide it looked more like a LED light and a proximity sensor. If you look at the N series and L series side by side you can see a clear distinction in how the front facing camera looks on the L series, whereas it doesn't look the same on the N series.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,283 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blanc71 View Post
    Nobody knows for sure if that was an actual front facing camera in the slide it looked more like a LED light and a proximity sensor. If you look at the N series and L series side by side you can see a clear distinction in how the front facing camera looks on the L series, whereas it doesn't look the same on the N series.
    i would put money on this that RIM will release all devices with a front facing camera, at this stage if you don't release a high end device with a front facing camera, you'll end up in the place RIM is now. i can see the R series curve maybe missing it but even then the curve is a deviced geared for students and teens on a bit of a budget that are still looking for a capable communicating device and face time and BBM make sexting easier, i can see the curve having lower quality cameras but not missing them
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

I hope they put in quality cameras this time around. The one currently on the "flagship" Bold is horrible!! No auto-focus!! Serious!?!?!?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

There is no way that the N series will be released without a front facing camera - this would be like releasing a phone now without email capabilities; it's just become an accepted and necessary norm.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,780 Global Posts

Thats what Im wondering, anyone know if the back camera is gonna have that God awful EDF instead of auto focus?? Thats a deal breaker if it does
    Distributor of pain.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,568 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cenloe View Post
    Thats what Im wondering, anyone know if the back camera is gonna have that God awful EDF instead of auto focus?? Thats a deal breaker if it does
    No details known I fear. However I somehow can't imagine they'll do this mistake again. Also BB10 has a heavily pimped camera feature which the N-Series will also use. So I highly doubt they'll use an EDoF cam again. Also seeing how slim the Z10 actually is, which comes with an AF module, I am pretty confident we'll see either a very similar, if not even the same camera module on the QWERTY.