Curious how the CB community manages 2 BlackBerry devices. I have a Passport and just got a used Q10 and love both. They both have their unique features. One annoying, but understandable, part is the fact that I can't easily use bbm on both devices due to the BBID security. Do the community members use them interchangeably or just use one mainly and the other as backup? Or maybe rock one during the weekends and use the other during the work week?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 10:04 AM
    Curious how the CB community manages 2 BlackBerry devices. I have a Passport and just got a used Q10 and love both. They both have their unique features. One annoying, but understandable, part is the fact that I can't easily use bbm on both devices due to the BBID security. Do the community members use them interchangeably or just use one mainly and the other as backup? Or maybe rock one during the weekends and use the other during the work week?

Posted via CB10
    My Passport is my work horse, which I use during the weekdays and on weekends without wild plans. When I go clubbing or out with friends, I switch to my Classic due to its more practical size. Sometimes I just miss my Classic and I switch, but it doesn't take long before I miss my Passport even more. The Passport wins it every time, unless I go clubbin'
    drasir likes this.
    10-27-15 10:08 AM
    I have had 2 BlackBerry ID's for a few years now. That's how I manage BBM. And the sole reason that I have 2 ID's.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    10-27-15 10:20 AM
    I have had 2 BlackBerry ID's for a few years now. That's how I manage BBM. And the sole reason that I have 2 ID's.

How do people know how to reach you? Do you have a Group for each one of your contacts?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-27-15 10:30 AM
    How do people know how to reach you? Do you have a Group for each one of your contacts?

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    Well, my use case is a little different. As I use the 2nd ID and BBM on other non- BlackBerry devices as a fall back, way to still participate in groups and have BBM on my Nexus 7 2013.

Plus I can send attachments and files over BBM using WIFI.

10-27-15 10:57 AM

The question that I have is who is still using BBM? BlackBerry users are few and far between. I know maybe 3 people who still use them. As far as I am concerned, bbm is ancient history. I have 1 BlackBerry id that I use on 4 devices ( p9983, ppse, classic and my wifes ppse) with no issues. The benefit is whatever I buy in app world, the wife gets as well if she downloads it. One time, my son borrowed my classic for a few weeks as he lost his phone, and downloaded Tinder. So I get an email staing that I (assuming it was wife, as I had forgotten that the kid was using one) had downloaded this app! Needless to say, I was pretty mad, and wondering where the conversation would go as to why she might need a dating app. Wasnt until I was half way home I realized what most likely occurred. So I guess my point is, perhaps multiple id's aren't such a bad thing, lol.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    11-27-15 11:54 PM
    The question that I have is who is still using BBM? BlackBerry users are few and far between. I know maybe 3 people who still use them. As far as I am concerned, bbm is ancient history. I have 1 BlackBerry id that I use on 4 devices ( p9983, ppse, classic and my wifes ppse) with no issues. The benefit is whatever I buy in app world, the wife gets as well if she downloads it. One time, my son borrowed my classic for a few weeks as he lost his phone, and downloaded Tinder. So I get an email staing that I (assuming it was wife, as I had forgotten that the kid was using one) had downloaded this app! Needless to say, I was pretty mad, and wondering where the conversation would go as to why she might need a dating app. Wasnt until I was half way home I realized what most likely occurred. So I guess my point is, perhaps multiple id's aren't such a bad thing, lol.

Posted via CB10
    There are many reasons that I never thought of why it is a good idea. You have just showed me another 1 lol.

Flicked via the BlackBerry Keyboard on my S5

Edit:

However, I'm a big BBM user and have way more people on BBM and groups than I ever had on WhatsApp.

Last edited by axllebeer; 03-03-16 at 08:48 PM.
    11-28-15 01:17 AM
    I have a passport and q10. The same BBID is installed on both. When I switch the sim, the BBM app asks me to switch. It does it automatically.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-15 10:31 PM
    I have a passport and q10. The same BBID is installed on both. When I switch the sim, the BBM app asks me to switch. It does it automatically.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the chats transfer over do they?

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    axllebeer likes this.
    11-28-15 11:57 PM
    I don't think the chats transfer over do they?

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    No. Pretty sure that they don't.

11-29-15 02:32 AM
    Passport, Q10, 9810, 9790 and 9720. Same ID. Switching phones every 2 or 3 months.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 06:40 AM
    I have 2 BlackBerry ID's

Blue Classic for work and everything related to work only for people from work

SE Passport as a personal phone, for friends and family.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 07:43 AM
    While BBM isn't a priority for most people, for those that do use BBM and switch phones regularly, is there a way to bring chats over or is it locked down?

11-29-15 09:42 AM