Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Vinncent
  • 1 Post By sebstarr
  • 1 Post By q10newguy
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 10.2.1 update -- Huge slowdown?

So two days ago I upgraded to 10.2.1, and ever since, things have been maddeningly slow, especially when involving hub items.

For example, I'll have an incoming text message/facebook message (these are especially problematic), and I'll tap the message to read the full version. The screen goes dark to transition to the new window, but either takes forever to do so, or will simply not go through to the message, and takes me back to where I started.

Across the entire OS loading times and transitions are very slow. It got so bad last night that I wandered outside a restaurant for 20 minutes trying to meet a friend before finally getting my phone to call her. She had given up on me and gone home.

There is only one mitigating factor I can think of here. Shortly after the upgrade my device told me I was close to taking up my full memory. So I moved all 5gb of media to a media card, and now have about 50% free memory on my device.

I've been hoping the delays have been to the phone re-downloading all my data, etc., but it's been over 48 hours and no signs of improvement. Anyone seen anything similar, or offer a solution?

Thanks
    @Vinncent
    Last edited by Vinncent; 01-31-2014 at 06:34 AM.
    joejuck likes this.

Global Posts
    63,434 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...always like new friends!

Since the software download, have you removed the battery and replaced it?
    I would do several reboots of the phone as well.
    HTTR FOREVER I'll Always Be Ramblin' in Rehab: Where the real Bold addicts are!
    Z30STA100-3/10.3.0.1154 on VZW
    How to Load an OS Using Autoloader|Backup and Restore Using BB Link
    How to Sideload Android Apps to Your BB10 device|How To Upgrade Your OS with Sachesi I Questions? email jomarie.ditata@mobilenations.com
    Thanked by:
    Vinncent (01-31-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Surprisingly, the battery replace reboot made a small difference but it's still very common that my messages don't load or I get stranded trying to move between interfaces.
    CrackBerry User

I have noticed it as well, the smartphone responds much slower.
    KaGlo Themes!
    Check it on Blackberry Application World!
    CrackBerry Newbie

So do I. The same situation. The phone is slow. BBM is also slow. Incredible. Anyone have ideas?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

I have a spare Z10 on which I wiped everything and loaded the latest OS on the same day I did an OTA update of my main Z10.

I've been having many issues with my main Z10 including Facebook not opening through hub, unpredictable behavior of BBM instant preview notifications, and just generally slowness. It has actually caused me to use my spare Z10 more while at home, and it's like night and day. No issues with facebook or notifications and everything is very smooth.

I do have both devices synched up with the same accounts... the only real difference is all the media (photos and songs) which I only have on my main device, and whatever junk has been cached by all the applications for 6 months or so (which I presume is quite a bit).

My guess is that the non-destructive "update" process is not as clean and tidy as we would like to think and all the existing account and device settings/data are not playing nice with 10.2.1

I've been trying to talk myself into doing a wipe and starting from scratch but just been too lazy.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Having the same problems. Facebook only occasionally loads from the hub text and bbm also slow and sporadic. This is a huge problem in terms of speed and productivity. What's the use of the hub if it's faster to get in the app to load? I was embarrassed trying to show a non BlackBerry believer my hub and it failed to open a new FB post I had received. Needless to say I didn't convince him to switch.

From my new z30
    joejuck likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Same here having exact same problems

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.424 OS
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalPak200 View Post

I've been trying to talk myself into doing a wipe and starting from scratch but just been too lazy.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you necessarily have to start from scratch, I've had some pretty good luck clearing up some odd glitches and problems by doing a backup, performing a security wipe and then restoring. You'd think it would just restore the same problems but that hasn't been the case (at least in my experience). Worth a try...

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by q10newguy View Post
    I don't think you necessarily have to start from scratch, I've had some pretty good luck clearing up some odd glitches and problems by doing a backup, performing a security wipe and then restoring. You'd think it would just restore the same problems but that hasn't been the case (at least in my experience). Worth a try...

Posted via CB10
    Might just try this... if I can ever actually get a complete backup done without an error.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm hesitant to do a security wipe. That seems extreme for me especially since link sucks and is slow.

From my new z30
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Perhaps can try removing any Email Accounts created and create the email accounts again...
    CrackBerry Master

That's what I did, I hope that worked

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10 - 10.2.0.424 OS
    CrackBerry Abuser

Guys I ve experience it also myself! until yesterday ! When I decide to try a Security Wipe. I've heard that SW will delete all odd files which remains into the memory and will clean all the hardware installing after that the 10.2.1.532 on to clean environment. So do the SW but be patient because may be a long process. Someone says it's easy and in 15-20 min will finished...wtf, mine lasted around 2 h and because I believed that it was stuck it into this operation I've pull out the battery, mounted again but HEY! the process goes on from where it stops. Interesting. After around 2 h the phone started again AND IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!
    GOOD LUCK!

Proudly Z10 owner
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,623 Global Posts

There are so many threads already on this subject. First it takes a while for the new OS to settle in and for everything to resync. Second, try doing a security wipe and a few reboots.
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is terrible. Bbm FB and twitter not responding from hub. Can't I fix this without a wipe? Not running many android apps and reset three times which was just a temporary fix. This is not a "settling in" of the new OS as far as I'm concerned.

Crackberry help pls!

From my new z30
    CrackBerry Genius

I actually went ahead and did a backup, security wipe and restored from the back up. Took a long time to do the security wipe (luckily I have another Z10 so I just left my main one there doing its thing for a few hours).

Been over 24 hours since I got everything back up and running and I have to say that it did actually help. Everything is running quite smoothly. Not sure why, but... Who cares.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

I did a security wipe as well and now it looks like things are working perfectly now. Facebook Hub notifications are working now and battery drainage seems to be fine now..but I'll know by tomorrow when I test it out on a full day.

Thanks for the tip about the security wipe guys .

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    333C2727

Quote Originally Posted by Vinncent View Post
    So two days ago I upgraded to 10.2.1, and ever since, things have been maddeningly slow, especially when involving hub items.

For example, I'll have an incoming text message/facebook message (these are especially problematic), and I'll tap the message to read the full version. The screen goes dark to transition to the new window, but either takes forever to do so, or will simply not go through to the message, and takes me back to where I started.

Across the entire OS loading times and transitions are very slow. It got so bad last night that I wandered outside a restaurant for 20 minutes trying to meet a friend before finally getting my phone to call her. She had given up on me and gone home.

There is only one mitigating factor I can think of here. Shortly after the upgrade my device told me I was close to taking up my full memory. So I moved all 5gb of media to a media card, and now have about 50% free memory on my device.

I've been hoping the delays have been to the phone re-downloading all my data, etc., but it's been over 48 hours and no signs of improvement. Anyone seen anything similar, or offer a solution?

Thanks
    @Vinncent
    Try a HUB Reset. Diagonal swipe 30 egg r from right corner down to left bottom corner.

Posted via CB10
    Swiped on my Zed10 oops now Zed30 running 10.3.0.1052.
    #ibelieveinbbry #BBM.COM C000386C6
    CrackBerry Addict

Wow. What a mess. Simply unbelievable. Blackberry can't stop falling all over itself. It's like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Such a bad design in the first place and now this...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,623 Global Posts

So what problems are you having now with 10.2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan View Post
    Wow. What a mess. Simply unbelievable. Blackberry can't stop falling all over itself. It's like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Such a bad design in the first place and now this...

Posted via CB10