I have to admit the keyboard is fantastic!!!
    07-28-13 06:46 PM
    Oh boy I'm just glad you haven't gone through as many marriages as you've been switching phones! It's one of the longest posts I've ever read and I must say typing the whole post on the Q10 must have been sweet because you really nailed every key hard! And best of all you seem extremely excited to write every single word!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 08:58 PM
    Thanks! It was ... plus, it seems to have "broken in" the keyboard a bit. The spacebar has gotten a tiny bit better. It did take me quite some time to write it though. Reading it back on a computer monitor, it looks long even here.
    07-28-13 09:30 PM
    Thanks! It was ... plus, it seems to have "broken in" the keyboard a bit. The spacebar has gotten a tiny bit better. It did take me quite some time to write it though. Reading it back on a computer monitor, it looks long even here.
    What have you done lol? I think you've just released the demon within

I've been quite envious of all the Q10 owners I've run into lately. I think I'm gonna get myself a Q10 when the prices come down a little so I can swap back and forth with my Z10 =)

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    07-28-13 09:39 PM
    The "peak" experience however in my opinion blows. It involves many steps (2-3 steps to go into the hub just to see an email and then 2-3 to get back). It doesn't feel right. Use an Android 4.2 system and let's talk again (1 button email OR 1 button to go back OR 1 button to get to your main screen) Also, the Hub view should always reset you into the main Hub view. Otherwise it's extra steps (if you were in the text message part for example). Again, my opinion. Many people disagree with me. The other thing that really annoys me is trying to get back into the phone app. It takes a lot of steps if you are on a call and go somewhere else (hub, text, email, app), to get back into the phone app, change views, and hangup. There needs to be a pull down method or some instant way of hanging up the call. At last here, the last annoyance was the inconsistently between menus, screens, options, and all the bugs along the way (what apps should be visible on the Hub is badly broken and shows different toggles). This is however expected. It's a new system. It has not matured yet. I'll make this point at the end, but you cannot compare this system head to head with Android and iOS because they have had 4-5 years to get a head and learn from their mistakes. Give it some time. Things like this (inconsistencies) will get sorted out.

Is it a good phone? Absolutely. Is it a great phone? Absolutely.

Between the design and execution, and the keyboard, it is the devices that I have craved for a VERY long time.
    Awesome write up. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with such a well written post. I had some counterpoints to share, but you've adressed most of them in subsequent posts. The big point I did want to speak to was your opinion of how it takes too many swipes to get back into your main hub. If I do select a particular account in the hub, now I make a note to hit the unified view before I leave. That way I know no matter what I'm doing, once I see that notification light go off, I know getting to the view I need to see is no more than one motion away. I think like you mentioned in another post, there are just some small navigational details to get used to. Also, I'm thinking that you may get so many emails that staying in the unified view isn't as practical for you as it is for me. I'm not sure but maybe you could comment on that.
    I share your feeling that this is the phone I've been waiting for for a long time, and as more apps like instagram, whatsapp, words with friends and even others get integration into the hub, I think this phone is going to be even more ridiculously incredible. I think the text editing is an area that can be improved, and we've already seen great improvement in the few updates we've had.
    Because of the screen size I do feel that a second device would be nice to complement it (crossing my fingers for a PlayBook 2), but for messaging, I do feel that this is most certainly the best phone available.
    Thanks again, and I hope you continue enjoying the phone for a long time!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    07-28-13 09:58 PM
    That's exactly what I've been doing in the past couple of days. I try to stay only in the hub view. I've tied in sms, Whatsapp (work), facebook, 2 email accounts, and visual voicemail, and 8 or 9 out of 10 times I stay in the hub. I've realized that if I think about it as a "left swipe only", it's much easier this way. Then, like the Palm Pre, it's swipe up to get rid of an app. I also organized the few apps I have and the defaults, so that everything I need is within the first 2 pages. So in reality, now all the motions during the day are: swipe left if a noise/and-or led shows up, swipe right select an app, swipe up to go back. It's getting much easier, but I am also getting used to it

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 10:15 PM
    So do i, i have had my Q10 for a week and i'm now a BlackBerry addict! I wonder though why do we let mainstream medias denigrate BB10? I am surprised to see so little buzz around its great OS! Of course the appstore is still in progress but for multitasking and social media managing BlackBerry is by far the best option. It'd be time to show our enthousiasm on Twitter for example, i'm sure real users' feedbacks would make the best promotion and could act as effective proselytism! (sorry if I am off topic but didn't know where to post)

Posted via CB10
    dietertong likes this.
    08-07-13 09:03 PM
    I also have one week with my q10 and I cannot be more excited for the environment (hardware, software and community) and for the upcoming events!

Posted via Q10
    dietertong likes this.
    08-07-13 09:40 PM
    Having tried multiple devices on Android and numerous other phones, I can easily say the Q10 is the best mobile device I've owned.

The only alluring feature of any other phone is the pen on the Samsung Note series. As a teacher, I do a lot of PDF mark-up, and a pen just works better than a finger for that.

However, if I was on a Note, I'd be missing my Q10 every time I had to type a comment on a document.

Also, I want a better mobile office suite.

Otherwise, I love this phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:48 PM
    Awesome write up. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with such a well written post. I had some counterpoints to share, but you've adressed most of them in subsequent posts. The big point I did want to speak to was your opinion of how it takes too many swipes to get back into your main hub. If I do select a particular account in the hub, now I make a note to hit the unified view before I leave. That way I know no matter what I'm doing, once I see that notification light go off, I know getting to the view I need to see is no more than one motion away. I think like you mentioned in another post, there are just some small navigational details to get used to. Also, I'm thinking that you may get so many emails that staying in the unified view isn't as practical for you as it is for me. I'm not sure but maybe you could comment on that.
    I share your feeling that this is the phone I've been waiting for for a long time, and as more apps like instagram, whatsapp, words with friends and even others get integration into the hub, I think this phone is going to be even more ridiculously incredible. I think the text editing is an area that can be improved, and we've already seen great improvement in the few updates we've had.
    Because of the screen size I do feel that a second device would be nice to complement it (crossing my fingers for a PlayBook 2), but for messaging, I do feel that this is most certainly the best phone available.
    Thanks again, and I hope you continue enjoying the phone for a long time!

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    I agree with the poster about the HUB being reset to the main hub after you're done with a task - i find it tedious to have to make sure i select the "main hub" option prior to closing. It takes 2 actions, one to pull the menu, one to select unified hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 09:54 PM
    I'll still hang around here from time to time because I WAS a Blackberry user FIRST, but I've turned into a traitor! Yes, I'm now using the iPhone5! It's not so bad. Actually using the Q10 for 13 days got me very ready for this. I don't know all the shortcuts that I knew for the BB, but the app store has all the apps that I need. I was really disappointed with the BB apps. I will ALWAYS miss a REAL BB keyboard. I'm still awful with the virtual keyboard, but Siri seems to understand me as well as the Q10 did!! So, I haven't had to type very much.
    08-07-13 11:38 PM
    I also have one week with my q10 and I cannot be more excited for the environment (hardware, software and community) and for the upcoming events!

Posted via Q10
    That's actually one thing that is truly amazing - the community. I don't think any other platform has as tight and supporting of a community as BlackBerry does. Android might be the closest, but its still miles away.

Posted via CB using a Q10
    08-08-13 08:52 AM
    I agree with the poster about the HUB being reset to the main hub after you're done with a task - i find it tedious to have to make sure i select the "main hub" option prior to closing. It takes 2 actions, one to pull the menu, one to select unified hub.

Posted via CB10
    I've gotten used to resetting it now, but again, an extra step. Also, I've hit this point where I keep it on sms because other wise I end up missing them. This is rather frustrating. It looks like the led 'times out' eventually. Or, it will keep blinking and I'll check and see a bunch of emails, not realizing that there is an sms bellow the fold. Not sure how they can solve this, but this is quite frustrating. So, what I've started doing is always defaulting into the SMS view and then just checking the hub for emails from accounts.

08-08-13 08:56 AM
    So do i, i have had my Q10 for a week and i'm now a BlackBerry addict! I wonder though why do we let mainstream medias denigrate BB10? I am surprised to see so little buzz around its great OS! Of course the appstore is still in progress but for multitasking and social media managing BlackBerry is by far the best option. It'd be time to show our enthousiasm on Twitter for example, i'm sure real users' feedbacks would make the best promotion and could act as effective proselytism! (sorry if I am off topic but didn't know where to post)

Posted via CB10
    Using a sqn 100/3 Rogers wireless lte max version and on leak 10.2. I have to say it was a royal pain in the u know what to get visual voicemail to work at all until I installed the leak. I highly advise installing the leak really stable and awesome. There are a few new gestures added on for viewing emails, info now shows on lock screen.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    08-15-13 01:28 AM
    I agree with everything you've written except on the camera. Compared to iPhone 5, it's a 50:50 for me between which is better in good lighting condition. In low light iPhone 5 performs worst most of the time because of the downsampling method used in iPhone 5. Q10 performs way better than Nexus 4, HTC One X, HTC One, XPERIA Z and Z Ultra (which I also owned)

Btw, have you tried sideloading Flipboard and set font to small? It works fine or you can tryout RSS Savvy and add in those sites from your Flipboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:20 AM
    Thanks for the RSS recommendation. I really like it.

The camera is an interesting beast. Being able to use space bar seems to produce pictures that are at least 50% better - it eliminates almost all the shaking/focus. But I still think the iphone camera takes better pics. The nexus one is a pathetic joke. All the colors are washed out, half the images are grainy, and the lens is so close to the flat surface that it always ends up being scratched.

08-18-13 06:16 PM
41 12