Man is it me or does anyone else find the "carbon fiber" look tacky? I wish they would have made it a solid Black. Even the volume rocker buttons a solid black as well.

Other wise I love this thing its my new bestfriend!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 12:32 PM
    I've heard it's tacky feeling but have heard no complaints on the looks yet. Maybe you could get a nice skin for it
    05-03-13 12:48 PM
    I am in general anti the faux carbon fiber look on anything. But in the pictures it doesn't look half bad, the last two years I have been carrying phones "naked" so I like the idea that it gives a lil more gription to the back of the phone.

Not having seen one in person, I will reserve final judgement until it is released here.
    05-03-13 12:51 PM
    I love the feel of it on my hands. It's not rubbery like the Z10 battery door is, so it's a noticable different. I'm not sure which one I like better at this point for that. The Z10 has the rubber, pebbly feel to it, and the Q10 has the smooth, matte feel to it (kind of like matte screen protectors, or LCD screens with a matte finish. I don't feel like I'm going to drop the phone or like it's going to slip from my hands with a little bump.

JB
    05-03-13 12:56 PM
    I like it version much, it is nice and smooth and a lot better than the white version with is dimple plastic and very slippery.
    05-03-13 01:01 PM
    Man is it me or does anyone else find the "carbon fiber" look tacky? I wish they would have made it a solid Black. Even the volume rocker buttons a solid black as well.

Other wise I love this thing its my new bestfriend!!!!

Posted via CB10
    You're right, the carbon fiber "look" is tacky, meaning if it was fake, but that back is not a design. Like the 9900 battery door, it's actually a real glass or carbon fiber weave. So I don't mind it. I just hate when people put fake carbon fiber on everything...
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    05-03-13 01:20 PM
    I agree, fake carbon fibre is atrocious. That said, I'm still using the back cover with the sticker on as I wait for the hard case and holster lol slippery isn't the half of it... lol

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    05-03-13 01:24 PM
    I love the carbon fibre look! I actually wish they'd do something similar to that for my Z10!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 03:32 PM
    I think it looks premium!
    05-03-13 03:45 PM
    It looks and feels mean to me. I can't think of another phones surface that looks nicer atm.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:52 PM
    The feel is amazing. I never knew a cell phone could feel so comfortable in hand straight up. And obviously its mainly that battery cover so when they start coming out ill weigh out my options hopefully that top piece is removable.

Yeah a cover is a option but I like it naked in holster. < my phone that is

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:09 PM
    I also dis like fake carbon fiber. The Q10's glass weave has a few functions and in my opinion, is great looking . I'm still impressed by the 9930 battery door being transparent and so light weight. I'm pretty excited they decided to do the whole back in this material.
    05-03-13 06:11 PM
    The carbon looks nice to me, also i find it almost has the same feel as the back of the playbook

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:53 PM
    Just got mine today and I gotta say I love it. Only been using it for a few hours but feels awesome to the touch and the back feels premium.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 06:55 PM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? i personally dont like it i would have also liked a solid black
    05-03-13 07:01 PM
    Personally I love the look and feel of it. But seeing as the screen is facing me, and the back is generally in my palm or flat on the desk I don't really care what it looks like haha.

And as others have clarified already, it's not faux anything, it's proper glass weave, with a nice finish on it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 05:24 AM
    It feels kinda rubbery and cheap, reminscent of the back of the Curve, I hate to say this but I like the back of the Bold 9900 more, for some reason it looks more modern and polished instead of a black carbon fiber rubber with no BB logo either.

By being all carbon fiber it also looks like you put a carbon fiber case on it too.
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    05-04-13 09:58 AM
    It feels kinda rubbery and cheap, reminscent of the back of the Curve, I hate to say this but I like the back of the Bold 9900 more, for some reason it looks more modern and polished instead of a black carbon fiber rubber with no BB logo either.
    100% agree
    05-04-13 10:57 AM
    Honestly how often do you or anyone else see the back of the phone? Haha.

Could have my little pony on it for all I care, as long as it doesn't slip out of my hands

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:24 PM