Sorry to sound stupid, but when I go to disable the GMAIL app, I get this option. What does it mean by default? Does that mean Hub? I hit cancel because I wasn't sure.

-from my Priv 5.1.1
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 to Priv - Day to Day updates-1963.jpg  
    01-03-16 10:30 PM
    Sorry to sound stupid, but when I go to disable the GMAIL app, I get this option. What does it mean by default? Does that mean Hub? I hit cancel because I wasn't sure.

-from my Priv 5.1.1
    You probably updated the app before. It basically takes it back to the original version and then disables it. If you enable it in the future it will then update itself again.
    01-03-16 10:49 PM
    I agree entirely, right now. The flow of BlackBerry 10 was far superior to any mobile os. It just felt natural. However, I'm thinking that after some time, I will get used to this whole android thing. If I had the choice right now to put BlackBerry 10 on my priv, I would absolutely do it. This is all subject to change as I adapt to the device.

However, the battery life of this thing is about the same, if not slightly better than my z30.

I'm slowly figuring out where each adjustment for notifications is.

One thing that surprised me a lot, was how inferior the speakers are compared to my z30. I used to cup each corner to deflect the sound to me, and it was almost enough to fill a room. The priv's speaker sounds like crud in comparison.

However, I found out last night that I get LTE at work - was lucky to get edge with the z30.

The problem with the top left of the screen is a somewhat common problem with android and Facebook messenger.

I also just found out that you can swipe the physical keyboard to send a word up. Just started loving it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I'm having trouble getting used to these speakers and returned mine in November. Are you getting used to the speaker for music or phone calls?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 01:05 AM
    Don't own a priv but, i've put the keyboard and launcher on my xperia and i'm pretty sure swiping up from the bottom and diagonally right takes you to the hub from pretty much anywhere and swiping up and diagonally left activates the universal search.

Compared to the Q-series of bb10 phones that universal search is one step slower but adding the requirement for that gesture adds the option of allowing for two different hotkey shortcuts per key (a long press shortcut and a short press short cut) from the home screen.

While doubling the amount of possible hotkey shortcuts from 26 to 52 it can also simplify the hot key shortcut process.

Eg. Instead of having two different keys assigned to either emailing or calling somebody important you can assign the two different functions for the same contact to the same key. Eg. Short pressing the 's' key could compose an email to 'simon' and long pressing the 's' key could speed dial 'simon'.

I personally think app launching hotkey shortcuts are pointless, the best use for hotkey shortcusts are to perform tasks within apps such as, calling emailing, texting, adding appointments, notes or starting gps navigation.

Hope that helps. Ive only been testing the BlackBerry launcher on a non BlackBerry device since Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 04:00 AM
    Okay I did it.

Final price including shipping was $620 for the Priv.

I'm super excited.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    jfletcherm likes this.
    01-05-16 07:10 PM
    Anything new today in your transition RADEON?

01-05-16 07:59 PM
    You probably updated the app before. It basically takes it back to the original version and then disables it. If you enable it in the future it will then update itself again.
    Thank you very much!

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2876)
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    01-05-16 09:54 PM
    Anything new today in your transition RADEON?

Honestly, there's nothing new to update. The learning curve only took a few days. I'd be lying if I said I was the master of Android, but I'm definitely not lost anymore.

I do catch myself swiping the screen up to view apps still though. Lol.

Jimberry Storm likes this.
    01-06-16 06:52 AM
    Honestly, there's nothing new to update. The learning curve only took a few days. I'd be lying if I said I was the master of Android, but I'm definitely not lost anymore.

I do catch myself swiping the screen up to view apps still though. Lol.

Great I'm really excited although I won't have it in hand for about two weeks due to a business trip next all next week.

01-06-16 07:12 AM
    RADEON, in a couple of posts you said you were disappointed with the speakers. Does this mean that call quality is poor? I really like the call quality on my Z30 and wouldn't want to give this up.
    Also I love the predictive text on the Z30 keyboard and I have been impressed with how much it improved over time. Presumably there is some kind of profile file kept on the phone. Can this be transferred to the Priv or do you have to start again from scratch?
    01-06-16 01:42 PM
    How are the keyboard shortcuts ? Are they as slow to open apps as in bb10 or are they as fast as bb7?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 02:45 PM
    Because I have some pronounced hearing loss in my right (phone) ear...I'm very interested in how loud this phone's earpiece speaker is on incoming calls. In comparison, I found the Z30 to be very hard to hear on incoming calls!

Can someone help me with this?
    01-06-16 03:02 PM
    The call quality is leaps and bounds better than my z30. Watching videos and listening to music is s different story, unfortunately.

You REALLY get used to the stereo audio playback of the z.

01-06-16 05:28 PM
    The call quality is leaps and bounds better than my z30. Watching videos and listening to music is s different story, unfortunately.

How about your battery life?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-06-16 05:38 PM
    I'll put it this way. I have this power bank:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FDK...UvbUpU12194070

With my z30, location services and Bluetooth on, connected to a Pebble watch and a Bluetooth wireless radio, I'd have my phone connected to it usually once a day. I've yet to use it since I got my priv.

I'm sure there's a correlation between the warm and cold weather (I work outside) and me only having the priv since it cooled off outside, but still, I've yet to drop below 80 percent at work. I didn't have time to look at my phone for 9 hours today (aside from less than 5 minutes of total phone calls and a few texts, no Web browsing) and it only lost 8 percent. My z had great battery life, but this takes it to a new level.

01-06-16 08:22 PM
    I meant to end the above post with my idea that the phone settled down a bit after the first few days, and then the battery life really improved.

01-06-16 08:24 PM

I have a Z30 and Passport. I know what you mean. Z30 is loud and clear. I do think Passport is even louder. But either way, I stream SiriusXm radio on speaker and make speaker phone calls often.

So coming from a Z30 you think that phone calls on speaker phone are good? I've only tried music videos on the Priv and the speaker was terrible. Also, BBM voice in the ear piece was staticy like hell.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 05:57 PM
42 12