Forgive me if this has already been covered - Verizon Store guy says he routinely switches between his three phones
    by switching out his Verizon SIM card. Can I do this between my current Z30 and a PRIV (not as yet bought) ? (He said I could if the SIM card size was the same, but I was too chicken to let him get my Zeddy out of its folding case to check on its SIM card size.) Claimed there was NO CHARGE for doing so...

BTW, the Conroe TX. store has a PRIV - I have held it in my hands!! I fear looking at my banks/stocks with one. Plus, I really don't think Android has an app to compete with Weather Radar USA ! Screen seems bigger. KYBD's keys seemed small. Doc Neutron
    03-12-16 03:34 PM
    the sim cards are different sizes.
    Unless you get the sim for the Beast Z30 cut down or see if they can get you two sims?

The Priv has a nano i thin sim card I think its a tiny one verses the Z30, I know because I had the Z30 and went to the ATT Passport and it needed the smaller sim and now I take the sim from my SE PP and swap them in between my Se and Priv.
    03-12-16 03:36 PM
    So how do you switch services between phones?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 03:46 PM
    Verizon told me that all you had to do was call and they would reactivate your sim in the z30. I bought a sim adapter o. Amazon that I have yet to try but theoretically I should be able to put the priv nano sim in the micro adapter and it should work. When I get home from work in a couple days I'll try it

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-12-16 03:54 PM
    You should not have to reactivate the Sim. Just put it in if it's from the same carrier
    03-12-16 04:16 PM
    Forgive me if this has already been covered - Verizon Store guy says he routinely switches between his three phones
    by switching out his Verizon SIM card. Can I do this between my current Z30 and a PRIV (not as yet bought) ? (He said I could if the SIM card size was the same, but I was too chicken to let him get my Zeddy out of its folding case to check on its SIM card size.) Claimed there was NO CHARGE for doing so...

BTW, the Conroe TX. store has a PRIV - I have held it in my hands!! I fear looking at my banks/stocks with one. Plus, I really don't think Android has an app to compete with Weather Radar USA ! Screen seems bigger. KYBD's keys seemed small. Doc Neutron
    I have not tried swapping card nor changing back to the Z30 from my newly activated Vzw Priv.

I'm not sure about the complexities of having two different sim cards in two different phones for the same phone number. I did ask when I called but she was not sure. I was able to switch/activate online at My Verizon (do not use *228 - I guess it can mess up with smartphones)

The Priv does use Nano sim and the Z30 something larger. I did buy a sim card adapter so that I could swap the Priv's card into the Z30 but have not tried.

CAUTION: folks have ruined the sim card slots on the Z30 (and other phones) when using adapters. I gather the pins or contacts can get jammed, bent or broken especially if the adapter is used without a sim inside it.

Again, still getting use to the Priv and have, so far, refused to give up BLEND, so the Z30 still retrieves email and I have not joined BBM with the Priv so that Blend can still be used for bbm stuff on a large screen/keyboard.
    03-12-16 04:30 PM
    As long as they are the same size, I moved from my classic to priv no problem as they are the same size sim.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-12-16 07:31 PM
    God, just get a SIM adapter. All this discussion for something so simple.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-12-16 07:33 PM
    You should not have to reactivate the Sim. Just put it in if it's from the same carrier
    You will have to reactivate it because one is a micro and the other is a nano. If you have a sim card adapter would be the only way to switch the card from one phone to the other

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-14-16 12:04 AM