I'm fairly happy with the Priv as an update from my Z30. While obviously Android is not BB10, bb10 is on its way out and depending on ones needs, is already out.

I don't know why your phone is not connecting to wifi. When I got my ShopBB I did not have a sim and I upgraded to Marshmallow using wifi at home. I then downloaded a slew of apps to match my Verizon Priv.

I don't know what you mean by offline. You need to have some connectivity to do most stuff but obviously, if you have music, video or pictures, you can view or listen offline. I actually had few problems with Lollipop since Verizon did not release MM till last month. MM has not made that many noticeable changes but I wanted it as it gives me more control over Permissions.

I don't think that the iphone has a physical keyboard. I really like units that don't have a physical home button while I like pkb's. But since I've never owned an iphone and rarely use one, I can't compare.

But I will say, if you are not happy with a phone than get a different one.
    Great points sir .
    FF22 likes this.
    12-22-16 07:54 AM
    I really like my PRIV. Bought it during the Black Friday sale. The only thing I really hate is the creaking back. Ordered some 3m tape so I Will try and fix it this weekend. I really think this creaky back issue ruins the PRIV experience for me. I love the device and it feels really premium but this creaky back is really a slap in the face
    Have you tried the 'fingernail' fix for this?
    andy957 likes this.
    12-22-16 08:04 AM
    hi,

guess what I bought a new phone and chose it to be PRIV. I'm during the test period. So far it won't connect to wifi. OS version: Lollipop. It seems almost all apps require internet connection. Question to the PRIV users: how does it feel like to use PRIV under Marshmallow and what apps can you run offline? What is so cool about it that should make me keep the phone rather to returning it to the provider and buying an iPhone? I'm a fan of BB but under android, not sure.
    I switched from a Passport Silver to Priv. Worst decision ever. The device kept heating up, the hub felt unnatural, it was not as solid as the Passport. All in all, just switched back to the SE yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 11:49 PM
    I really like my PRIV but the Battery drain... From 100-93% after App Update is too much. And yes Facebook is deleted.
    12-23-16 01:49 AM
    I really like my PRIV but the Battery drain... From 100-93% after App Update is too much. And yes Facebook is deleted.
    What is using the battery? Main Settings, Battery and what's what?

You can even move that option to a home page by using its Shortcut (tap the App Drawer Button, tap the Shortcuts (on the right) and scroll till you see Battery and drag it to a home screen page.
    12-23-16 08:28 AM
    I originally loved this phone the first week. After that, I'm finding it harder and harder to use as the screen keeps going off on me. Sometimes a black screen, sometimes with just the date and time and sometimes a notification and nothing else. Anyone else have this issue?
    For the first time in over the year I had my device, my Priv arbitrarily rebooted. When it happened, my Flip case was closed. What you are describing is what I experienced. I opened the Flip case and did a 32 second reboot. Everything was functioning properly again; but I admit, for an instance, I felt a bit of panic.

So, like the others have said, if you have a Flip case, it could be the culprit.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 02:53 AM
    The case I am using is a leather case that is open at the top. No magnet in it. My purse has a magnet in it. Never bothered my Z10.
    Ah, now I see your response! Still, that magnet could possibly have the same effect. Annoying to be sure!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 02:55 AM
    Ah, now I see your response! Still, that magnet could possibly have the same effect. Annoying to be sure!

Posted via CB10
    Any sufficiently strong magnet activates it. Maybe there ought to be a setting to prevent that sleep mode's activation for people who don't use flip cases.
    12-24-16 04:30 AM
    Go for iPhone don't trust BlackBerry again.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 06:17 AM
    And once again someone starts a thread...........and never shows up.
    12-24-16 09:30 AM
    Any sufficiently strong magnet activates it. Maybe there ought to be a setting to prevent that sleep mode's activation for people who don't use flip cases.
    Agreed!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 05:38 PM
    And once again someone starts a thread...........and never shows up.
    Well, I showed up for the party, at least! Not the OP, but better late than never! ☻

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 05:39 PM
    I bought a Priv and was happy with it until I bought a used Passport for a second phone. I started using that more than my Priv and sold the Priv and used the money to buy a new SE. I have never been happier to be honest. I am eying the Mercury When it comes out however.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    12-24-16 06:24 PM
    I got mine almost 30 days ago.Love it. I've had a few bumps but just party of the learning curve. This is my first Android. It kind of grows on you. Give it a try. I think you'll like it.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-16 07:08 PM
    I'm on my fourth month on my Priv now and everything has been seamless. My transition was smooth since I've been using Galaxy Note phones since 2012. Despite the negatives I've read in forums, so far I haven't had any issues at all. I'm even seriously thinking of buying a backup Priv since it appears it might be the last with its kind of form factor. Not so keen on the upcoming Mercury with a permanently exposed pkb. It looks awkward. That plus the smaller screen...
    12-25-16 08:44 AM
    I got it like 2 weeks ago, but I have like 2 days using it fully.

So far so good right now. Good battery, I installed the Last OS via crackberry and updated mi apps from my old Q10 via file transfer. So far so good right now
    FF22 likes this.
    12-25-16 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't used my case for 4 days. Now it has worked great but it was very annoying indeed.
    12-25-16 03:36 PM
    After being away from BlackBerry for nearly 3 years of Android, I'm enjoying the experience! Disclaimer, I'm coming from an LG G3, which in itself is a great phone, but has a WORST battery performance than the PRIV! Also the LG G3 would heat up like anything, worst than the PRIV! I will say I do miss a few things from the LG G3 namely the split/dual screen feature and the ability to pin apps - those were ready beneficial when I wanted to quickly shut down apps but ensure a few of them to keep running.

Overall the PRIV has been performing better than the LG G3, example - on my morning commute, I switch on Waze, Google maps, and a TuneIn radio, and would end up at nearly 15-25% on the G3 versus around ~60% on the PRIV (I'm an aggressive user of social media apps , so they may also be draining the battery).
    12-25-16 04:36 PM
    Decided to try a Priv , build quality is excellent with no creaking back cover and screen has no movement open or closed, updated to marshmallow and the December security update, and battery life is very good and no overheating, I like the Blackberry version of Android with a few Blackberry extras which are useful, the keyboard is ok and handy to have if needed, very satisfied with the priv and I use it without any case it looks too good to cover up.
    atharafzal and FF22 like this.
    12-25-16 05:44 PM
    I bought my Priv during the Black Friday sale too and am currently selling my SE on Ebay. I have to say that I absolutely love the Priv. I do miss Blackberry OS - it was so clean. But I do need some apps that PPSE doesn't provide so the switch was necessary. I have to say that when I first bought it the battery drained very quickly - and there were other things that made me truly believe that I had made a mistake and was ready to send it back. But once I upgraded to Marshmallow everything changed. I got rid of everything Google I possibly could and carefully figured out what exactly was draining my battery. Now, using everything I need, i.e. facebook, bank and CC accounts, YouTube, Instragram, Movie apps - and that's about it - I have a charge for 2 days!! I swear, I don't work for Blackberry, but after a few weeks and a few tweaks - I fell in love with the Priv. I love the extra screen space the priv has - I use the keyboard much more than the virtual keyboard, it just works for me - hate VKB's. I can't say enough good things about the Priv - I still completely rely on the hub, which is the center of everything coming in and the slide from the left allows me to get to tasks, calendar, hub, etc. Doesn't get any better. Okay, I will shut up...OH! It is truly fast as well - I love this phone!
    FF22 and NightFire like this.
    12-25-16 11:06 PM
    Really close to switching to the Priv from a Galaxy 6Edge+. Great phone, but, I keep going back/forth on whether I really want the Slider. I just didn't like the initial pricetag.
    12-26-16 03:03 PM
    Well I dont know about you guys, but coming from the Q10 which had a crappy battery life (at least mine).... Im having a real blastt with my privs battery life. I mean, my q10 died in about 5 hours of chatting.... But the priv withstand like a day and a little more of use. Im very happy with the priv battery.... Q10 was getting dry superfast. I hated that
    FF22 likes this.
    12-26-16 06:26 PM
    I switched from the Passport (I haven't completely left it behind), and I like the Priv keyboard much better than the Passport's. I don't need to stretch my hands to reach all the keys, and the full swipe-down menus are more convenient than the virtual fourth row above the Passport keyboard.

The camera seems to be better, but I think there is some optical distortion at the periphery of the photos, more so than with the Passport's supposedly inferior camera. Faces at the edges of the shot are slightly stretched. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a solution?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-29-16 10:06 AM
    I bought a Priv and was happy with it until I bought a used Passport for a second phone. I started using that more than my Priv and sold the Priv and used the money to buy a new SE. I have never been happier to be honest. I am eying the Mercury When it comes out however.

BB10 will outlast Android! Just you wait! Stage 1: denial
    What made you switch completely to the Passport? Had to be the keyboard and not app availbility?

Just curious.
    12-29-16 12:11 PM
49 12