I'm on a driving trip and using Navigation, and this phone got serious hot. Is there a fix for this yet. Aren't multi core phones supposed to use only the minimum needed cores depending on needs? It seems like all cores were running full out!
    Last edited by mawil1013; 04-15-16 at 05:46 AM.
    04-13-16 07:25 AM
    If your phone clicks that bad, get it replaced. My priv does run hot, but I hear most android phones run hot anyway. Get one that doesn't click. The priv is a great phone, but for the money you are paying it should at least not click.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-16 07:36 AM
    I guess the Navigation app is definitely using the battery. You are running the gps and probably downloading lots of map data at the same time and also have the screen showing where you are. Check Display settings - how bright are you keeping the screen?

Did you go to the Playstore and update all of the various BB apps? Google apps?

Do you use Facebook? I hear that uses the battery a lot.
    04-13-16 08:54 AM
    Hot and battery running out? Sounds like it's working itself too hard. Take a look in the battery usage tool, and stop those things from using up your nice big battery. It will be down to apps or settings, not hardware.
    04-13-16 09:05 AM
    Bottom line, the BlackBerry Passport spoiled the heck out of me. I could go two days easy sometimes three, using its nav was no drain and didnt have to fear using it without a charger being plugged in. Im so done trying fix things things especially as pricy as Priv is! Im getting soured very fast with Priv.
    Two or three days battery life on the passport using navigation ? That's exaggerated, I am coming from the passport and for sure had a much better battery life , 25 or even 30 % more than the Priv but that's about it.
    04-13-16 12:53 PM
    I received my Priv on Monday, Build No. AAE2298

Everything updated and phone rebooted.

I'm on a driving trip and using Navigation, and this phone got serious hot. Is there a fix for this yet. Aren't multi core phones supposed to use only the minimum needed cores depending on needs? It seems like all cores were running full out!

I ran the first phone all night long with a noise/sound generator and phone was cool to touch after App ran all night.

Secondly, I literally took the phone off charger 45 minutes ago, ran nav for 5 minutes, shut off and since using Internet and battery has dropped from 100 to 90 %.

My screen clicks on both sides and I even tried the fix if one side click but no joy.

To say the least I am very worried and tipping quickly to returning the Priv and getting a Samsung.

I've seen rants about every phone before I bought one and never had any issues but this has me worried!

I have the phone almost 5 months. Browsing and performing various tasks continously it consume for me about 20% to 25% per hour.
    04-13-16 12:57 PM
    Hot and battery running out? Sounds like it's working itself too hard. Take a look in the battery usage tool, and stop those things from using up your nice big battery. It will be down to apps or settings, not hardware.
    Agreed. My Priv runs cool almost all the time. Gets quite hot during a quickcharge, especially if I'm using it at the same time, but that's normal.

I'm also getting great battery life. My Z10 had to be charged or at least partially charged several times a day. With same usage, my Priv makes it through the day quite easily.

I'm one who never wants to be caught without a charged phone, so I tend to drop it on the charging pad if it gets to 20% in the evening... last night it went from full charge at about 10 am, to a 15% warning at about 11:30 pm.

I did clean up apps, though. I found some bad offenders. One was called HD-Widgets, and was constantly checking location (presumably for weather info, but like every second or so!) Deleted it. Some others that can be a problem are some weather apps, etc.

There were also a number of Android setting tweaks... I'll try to collect the info and post it back here in case it's useful to some..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for
    BlackBerry Priv
    Gajja likes this.
    04-13-16 02:20 PM
    I took Priv off charger this morning at 715 and by 930 it was down to 63% which is absurd!

Priv has issues and if the battery ran like PP nothing else would matter, not the extreme case temperature nor the screen clicking from both sides.

I wanted badly for the Priv to work but this will bode poorly for BlackBerry as far as selling phones.
    For most people the Priv works, and they don't get the issues you are experiencing. Your hardware is probably fine, you just need to make some software adjustments like other people have advised you in this thread. Sure BB10 didn't need this much setting up, but it's Google's software (OS) on the Priv so we have to live with that if we want a Priv. Once you get it set up right you will find it's actually a good experience.
    04-15-16 05:37 AM
    One options is to use navigation but not display the UI. You will still get turn-by-turn navigation, but you won't see where you are.

04-15-16 09:11 AM
    Do not be worried, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Think of 10.2.1 polishing up 10.2. That's what MM effectively is

If you liked this post, you can now find more like this by following me on Twitter @MeerAdrie
    04-15-16 12:34 PM