I'm a heavy user of word substitution to send out Standard replies to my emails ,

Maybe a couple of updates have messed it up , but overnight the word prediction jumbles up the expansion .

Funny part is it expands in the correct way in the subject line ,
    But messes up In the body of the email

Works alright in the Sms apps though.

Just doesn't on the hub email .
    Arghhhh !!!!!! Help !!!!
    04-10-17 11:33 AM
    I'm a heavy user of word substitution to send out Standard replies to my emails ,

Maybe a couple of updates have messed it up , but overnight the word prediction jumbles up the expansion .

Arghhhh !!!!!! Help !!!!
    I have not noticed it YET?????

But you might want to try a reboot (see below). Have you updated the various BB apps recently - Hub and Hub+ both have had updates in the last week or so and I think Hub+ even in the last few days.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    04-10-17 01:38 PM
    Hi ,
    Thanks for your reply

1. Ive updated all BlackBerry apps
    ( I think the updates is whats causing this )

2. I've installed no new apps
    Have tried re installing the
    Hub , keyboard and BlackBerry Services apps
    To no avail .

3. Tried the reboot
    Still is the same.

4. Pfa the screenshot
    If I try the word substitution in the subject line it works , but doesn't work in the body ,
    It gets jumbled .

5. Any other suggestions that maybe I could try ??
    Attached Thumbnails Word substitution not working in hubs email-screenshot_20170410-214212.jpg  
    04-10-17 05:54 PM
    I don't know what to suggest. I don't have any really long phrases as substitutions but just created a two sentence one and it seems to be working. I used it about 10 times over and over.

Well, one suggestion, go into the Apps and UNinstall the Hub and Hub+ and keyboard. It will ask to roll back. Do so, reboot and then test. This might help determine if the newer versions are causing the problems.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-10-17 08:32 PM
    Following on what @FF22 said would add to clear the data on HUB apps. Re settings, storage
    04-11-17 05:40 AM

Arghhhh !!!!!! Help !!!!
    Hello!

Yes, recently I have been hit with the same issue. I'm not sure why it happens. I've been saving some replies as well as Email Signatures into word substitutions.

It has been pretty annoying that my signatures or long messages has been breaking into parts.

1. I've tested it in notes/ simple notes which still gives me the correct working result.

2. Editing the signature directly which does not help to solve the issue.
    04-11-17 01:21 PM
    Originally when I set up my Priv the substitution was working perfectly, and for the last few months I've been encountering the exact same thing.

It seems to be an issue with hub as everywhere else the text is inserted exactly as expected. Really a pain in the butt as my signature line is your typical corporate 8+ line ordeal, so for certain emails I don't want it included. For years on my previous devices I've used 'jj' to insert my signature quickly and easily.

Frustrating as it used to work, and somewhere along the line it just broke. I might try breaking it up into portions and see if that helps.
    05-17-17 10:35 AM
    See Google/Android/Gmail(?) bug., Not BlackBerry..add to the report if you are experiencing the problem (clarity is best with more detail Model/device/os version etc) it seems to be languishing as unconfirmed in the report. Try another email app? as a temp solution, or through Web Browser if gmail? (Does that way work?)

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...tail?id=712380
    Last edited by i_plod_an_dr_void; 05-17-17 at 11:12 PM.
    05-17-17 10:52 PM