I thought it was a flook yesterday woke up and was at 89% after 20 minutes but today I have been up for 20 minutes havnt touched phone but to unplug it and have 63% battery left.

What's up anyone else?
    Attached Thumbnails woke up 63% battery ??-83611.jpg  
    11-15-16 05:30 AM
    Here is a pic of battery info. Lost 2% posting this pic
    Attached Thumbnails woke up 63% battery ??-83612.jpg  
    11-15-16 05:32 AM
    Here is a pic of battery info. Lost 2% posting this pic
    Could you attach a screen you get when you tap on that graph? Might be that something is keeping the phone awake and wasting battery, and/or you have very bad reception and that causes the drain.

Facebook is known for spending a lot of battery (just the other day I even uninstalled Facebook Messenger because it was spending as much mAh as the screen without me even opening the app or getting any messages) and your signal bars in the picture suggest bad reception. I get at least an hour more of screen on time when I disable 4G because where I live 4G (LTE) coverage is nowhere near as good as 3G, and the benefits of 4G in browsing speed etc. are almost unnoticeable.

EDIT: You can also tap on every app in that screen to show more details.
    11-15-16 05:40 AM
    Restarted phone lost 3% more now at 58%
    11-15-16 05:40 AM
    Here it is

Could you attach a screen you get when you tap on that graph? Might be that something is keeping it awake and wasting battery, and/or you have very bad reception and that causes the drain.

Facebook is known for spending a lot of battery (just the other day I even uninstalled Facebook Messenger because it was spending as much mAh as the screen without me even opening the app or getting any messages) and your signal bars in the picture suggest bad reception. I get at least an hour more of screen on time when I disable 4G because where I live 4G (LTE) coverage is nowhere near as good as 3G, and the benefits of 4G in browsing speed etc. are almost unnoticeable.

EDIT: You can also tap on every app in that screen to show more details.
    Attached Thumbnails woke up 63% battery ??-83735.jpg  
    11-15-16 05:41 AM
    the blinking led kills battery I noticed, if you dont check your messages right away
    11-15-16 05:55 AM
    It looks like wifi is running and you are not using it. By any chance did you use Google maps?
    11-15-16 06:04 AM
    Here it is
    As you can see, something is keeping your phone awake all the time. I'd suspect it's Facebook, check its stats. The awake line should be pretty much blank during the night. This is my stats from this morning. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots of battery use during the night. But, for reference, my phone usually spends around 3-4 % in 8 hours of sleep.

woke up 63% battery ??-screenshot-15.11.2016-13_02_42-.jpg

the blinking led kills battery I noticed, if you dont check your messages right away
    Sorry, but I find that very hard to believe. I sometimes have it blinking for hours and nothing happens.
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-15-16 06:09 AM
    Also, your reception isn't very good, but it's certainly not the main culprit. I believe whatever is keeping your phone awake the entire time is the reason for your battery drain.
    11-15-16 06:13 AM
    Try uninsalling FaceBook and FB Messenger if it's loaded. Plenty of threads on how they keep phone on since last two updates. Like 27/7 wakelock.
    11-15-16 06:27 AM
    It looks like wifi is running and you are not using it. By any chance did you use Google maps?
    Yes three days ago for the first time instead of Waze. Wtf
    11-15-16 07:54 AM
    Well I use Google maps everyday and the latest update did something that drained my battery in the same fashion. First I went into location then scanning and turned off wifi scanning. Then I clears cache and data from Google maps and rebooted. Open up g maps and when it asks you to use wifi to supplement your gps chose no. I tried to select device only gps as well but that always defaults to high accuracy. Try this it worked for me.
    11-15-16 08:54 AM
    As you can see, something is keeping your phone awake all the time. I'd suspect it's Facebook, check its stats. The awake line should be pretty much blank during the night. This is my stats from this morning. Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots of battery use during the night. But, for reference, my phone usually spends around 3-4 % in 8 hours of sleep.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (15.11.2016 13_02_42).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	412220

Sorry, but I find that very hard to believe. I sometimes have it blinking for hours and nothing happens.
    idk, I did an experiment, where 1 nite I turned off my blinking led, and saved like 20%, I dont use many social media apps that would drain in the background, but thats the problem, we all do different things with our phones
    11-15-16 09:56 AM
    Try uninsalling FaceBook and FB Messenger if it's loaded. Plenty of threads on how they keep phone on since last two updates. Like 27/7 wakelock.
    I believe if you go into the fb app, you can disable notifications, which wont let the app use push features
    11-15-16 09:57 AM
    Latest fb update was causing drain for me too. I downgraded to the one two versions ago and with greenify everything is good again.

Sent from my not quite obsolete BlackBerry 10 Passport almost running 10.3.3.
    11-15-16 10:04 AM
    Try turning your WiFi and data off at night. You can still receive important text messages and phone calls, but if you are sleeping, you have no need to be receiving anything else. You can then turn these things on again in the morning. This will save you much battery life over the night.
    11-15-16 10:12 AM
    I had the same issue after installing the latest OS build (AAH505.) I had previously uninstalled both Facebook and Facebook Messenger because they were killing my battery, but the fact that the phone was kept awake overnight (by Android OS I believe) was new. I just rebooted it and it seems to be back to normal now. I suspect that it had something to do with the update, or a process that wasn't killed after ending.
    11-15-16 12:40 PM
    this does seems like something with the OS itself and not an app getting stuck keeping the wakelock on. WIthout root its harder to pinpoint the wakelocks. restart the phone once more then just leave it alone for like 30 minutes and see if it stays "awake" the entire time
    11-15-16 12:46 PM
    Try turning your WiFi and data off at night. You can still receive important text messages and phone calls, but if you are sleeping, you have no need to be receiving anything else. You can then turn these things on again in the morning. This will save you much battery life over the night.
    Much?

Phone taken off the charger right before I went to sleep. Was testing it because I noticed a lot worse battery life when my carrier activated 4G, so this was without 4G, but data activated on 3G and Wi-Fi also on and connected to my home network.

woke up 63% battery ??-b.jpg
    11-15-16 02:00 PM
    I am having same problem woke up to 43% battery life and the back of the phone was hot.
    Ever since the upgrade to OS build (AAH505.)
    11-15-16 03:17 PM
    I am having same problem woke up to 43% battery life and the back of the phone was hot.
    Ever since the upgrade to OS build (AAH505.)
    I didn't have any problems related to that update. Try restarting as howermat suggested earlier.

Regarding awake during the night, this is about what it should like like. A dot here and there when the phone checks for messages and whatnot, but most of the time it should be blank.

woke up 63% battery ??-screenshot-16-nov-2016-09_45_57-.jpg
    11-16-16 02:49 AM
    Woke up this morning says 87% and three hours to full charge. I don't use Wi-Fi cause I have unlimited data. I did notice a setting in Wi-Fi to keep awake when charging. Switched it to off and try again tomorrow.
    11-16-16 05:40 AM
    Woke up this morning says 87% and three hours to full charge. I don't use Wi-Fi cause I have unlimited data. I did notice a setting in Wi-Fi to keep awake when charging. Switched it to off and try again tomorrow.
    If that's with the phone charging during the night it's nowhere near normal. My phone charges from 0 to 100 % in under three hours on a 1.5 A charger, with a QC charger it takes around 1:30 h.

What kind of charger do you use?
    11-16-16 05:51 AM
    This happens on reboot after os update
    Attached Thumbnails woke up 63% battery ??-83834.jpg  
    11-16-16 05:56 AM
    My Wi-Fi is off but shows green as if it's on or being used. Should this show green if toggled off?
    Attached Thumbnails woke up 63% battery ??-84195.jpg  
    Last edited by baspeed; 11-16-16 at 07:56 PM.
    11-16-16 07:11 PM
32 12