As I am awaiting the arrival of the Priv to Verizon...I got a chance to mess with a display model at my local AT&T to see if I was going to make the switch back to BB. I have owned all the BB devices to date (besides the Priv obviously) but switched to a Note 4 last year, and after messing with the Priv at the store (~ 1.5 hours) it looks like I will be switching...I think.....but the one thing that is in the back of my mind that has been nagging me is the loss of the stylus functionality that I have come to love in my Note...to those that have switched from the Note series phones to the Priv....what are your thoughts.....Is it worth it to give it up? I only played with the Priv for 1.5 hours at the store but I busted out my old 9900 and passport to get back the feel of the keyboard....I am honestly at a cross road....

Too bad the Priv doesn't have both ...maybe they will in the next model....but I think I am dreaming
    11-09-15 11:40 AM
    11-09-15 11:53 AM
    Played with a Surface Pro.... the Wacom Digitizer with an active pen make a huge difference. Of course that is also why they are so expensive.

As the Galaxy Notes use the same type of system, I imagine that explains it's high cost. And why so many love it.
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-09-15 12:01 PM
    ...but the one thing that is in the back of my mind that has been nagging me is the loss of the stylus functionality that I have come to love in my Note...to those that have switched from the Note series phones to the Priv....what are your thoughts.....Is it worth it to give it up? I only played with the Priv for 1.5 hours at the store but I busted out my old 9900 and passport to get back the feel of the keyboard....I am honestly at a cross road....

Too bad the Priv doesn't have both ...maybe they will in the next model....but I think I am dreaming
    What are the use case of the stylus? I have a Surface Pro and thought I would use it a lot with One Note, however in reality, it worked poorly. When using it to take notes, I have large file sizes and it is hard to find content (maybe it is my messy handwriting or just the large canvas).
    When I switched to my Passport with Evernote, my life has been great. I type fast enough with accuracy with the physical keyboard (pretty much touch type... try that with a virtual keyboard). Content is better organized (since instead of just scribbling notes, I have to organize on the go while typing).

If I need to draw a diagram, flow, etc, I just use the white board because you get much better resolution and easier to manipulate. When I am finished I take a picture of it.

In the end, I barely touch the stylus. I believe it is more for those who really work with art/drawings as their primarily method of communication.
    11-09-15 12:02 PM
    I'm at the same crossroads as the OP, also on VZW. If my signature shows below, you can see my first smartphone love was with BB, and for quite a while. In fact I still haven't been able to part with my Bold 9650 or Q10 (neither is active tho). When I got my Q10 and saw less and less of the apps I needed, I had to (very begrudgingly) leave BB. However, couldn't figure how to part with my pkb and HATE touch screen for typing. I'd had a Note 10.1 tablet at the time (now have the Note Pro 12.2) and I did use the pen any time text was needed, even using SwiftKey (swyping).

Eventually went to Note phones (3, 4 and now 5). On AndroidCentral I see folks talk all the time about rarely using their pens, and I don't understand that. I use it pretty much any time I use my phone, even to dial a phone number, use the calculator, enter a URL, etc. And I LOVE the SNOTE app. The pen writes smoother and as naturally as a real pen, and feels even nicer. (Not to mention how stinkin' fun it is to draw and/or doodle!) I love taking screen shots of pics or info I want to share w/friends & family, then annotating, sometimes for fun, others to point out something key.) I DO NOT want to part with it, and was thinking of asking if anyone here has tried any of the Note pens on the Priv screen.

Decided to solve my dilemma by keeping my Note 5, getting the Priv, and switching between the two. I've never cared enough about multiple phones at the same time to bother doing that, but this time it's an exception
    11-09-15 12:37 PM