Wireless charging was working fine on friday (I typically only use it when in the office). Came back on monday and threw my priv on the charger to realize its not charging. Tried it on a coworkers wireless charger as well just to make sure and it is still not charging. Does anyone have any advice?

I tried the BB virtual expert app but its kind of pointless because the error codes it gives aren't any use since there is no documentation online for them.
    01-16-17 09:24 AM
    Super dumb question but have you restarted the phone?
    01-16-17 10:18 AM
    Wireless charging was working fine on friday (I typically only use it when in the office). Came back on monday and threw my priv on the charger to realize its not charging. Tried it on a coworkers wireless charger as well just to make sure and it is still not charging. Does anyone have any advice?

I tried the BB virtual expert app but its kind of pointless because the error codes it gives aren't any use since there is no documentation online for them.
    While it might not solve the problem and only confirm what you've already seen, Ampere by Braintrapp can distinguish between charge methods.

It is possible that a connector or circuit came loose. Or something else is amiss. Obviously, since you used wireless charging before, you know that placement can be an issue. But maybe move it around and see if that changes anything.

Do you still have a warranty?

And as suggested, possibly rebooting might help. Or have you installed any new apps?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    01-16-17 10:28 AM
    Super dumb question but have you restarted the phone?
    First thing I tried before throwing it on a different charger.
    xandros9 likes this.
    01-16-17 12:51 PM
    While it might not solve the problem and only confirm what you've already seen, Ampere by Braintrapp can distinguish between charge methods.

It is possible that a connector or circuit came loose. Or something else is amiss. Obviously, since you used wireless charging before, you know that placement can be an issue. But maybe move it around and see if that changes anything.

Do you still have a warranty?

And as suggested, possibly rebooting might help. Or have you installed any new apps?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    Tried the various restart/reboot methods along with Safe Mode with no luck. Done most of the basic other stuff as well (moving it around, other charger, etc) Looking like i might have a hardware failure of some kind unfortunately.
    01-16-17 01:22 PM
    Sorry about your phone but it seems it's not just me then. I am getting ready to be on my third priv because the wireless charging quit on the first two.
    01-16-17 02:21 PM
    Maybe this is a stupid suggestion, but try putting phone in airplane mode then try to wirelessly charge.
    01-16-17 02:37 PM
    Mine only worked intermittently. I gave up on it.
    01-16-17 05:32 PM
    Sorry about your phone but it seems it's not just me then. I am getting ready to be on my third priv because the wireless charging quit on the first two.
    Is there a way to check my warranty? I bought through amazon but the listing had U.S. Warranty on it
    01-16-17 05:35 PM
    Typically 1 year warranty unless you have device protection through Verizon then it's longer. Not sure how that works if purchased through Amazon.
    01-16-17 06:16 PM
    First thing I tried before throwing it on a different charger.
    Perhaps you should have been setting it gently on the charger instead of throwing it. Just saying.
    01-16-17 09:34 PM
    resurrecting an old thread for hopeful solutions
    06-14-18 03:49 PM
    So, does anyone know if it is the wireless charging "receiver/pickup" on the back cover? Or is it a firmware issue? or a hardware issue elsewhere in the phone?

I ask, because I was thinking of replacing the back battery cover.
    06-24-18 07:31 AM
    Wireless charging on the Priv has always been finnicky, due to the offset charging coil, so many pads won't work properly.

Both pads I had sometimes would not charge if I accidentally move the phone a few mm.
    06-24-18 07:55 AM
    Wireless charging on the Priv has always been finnicky, due to the offset charging coil, so many pads won't work properly.

Both pads I had sometimes would not charge if I accidentally move the phone a few mm.
    I have a Samsung one, it worked great. Then I had to start "twisting" "flexing" it to work, then it just quit all together. Then I bought another 3 coil design and it worked with the wifes, but not mine.
    06-24-18 11:47 AM
    I have a Samsung one, it worked great. Then I had to start "twisting" "flexing" it to work, then it just quit all together. Then I bought another 3 coil design and it worked with the wifes, but not mine.
    This is what I use with my Priv. I had a different one for my Passport, but it didn't work well with the Priv. This one works very well, and has since the beginning of December 2016 with no change. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Char...UvbUpU13217399
    06-24-18 12:53 PM
    This is what I use with my Priv. I had a different one for my Passport, but it didn't work well with the Priv. This one works very well, and has since the beginning of December 2016 with no change. https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Char...UvbUpU13217509
    Yep, that is the one I just bought. No luck, but the wifes works most of the time on it.
    06-24-18 03:33 PM
    I have a 3 coil one as well, it won't work out of the box. I have to add a piece of foam on the edge of the easel to lift the phone up before it'll work.
    06-24-18 04:22 PM
    Yep, that is the one I just bought. No luck, but the wifes works most of the time on it.
    Are you sure it is the same one? There are two that look exactly alike, one is the one I have, the 3-coil, and the other is a 1-coil. They look identical, with the exception of the back where the specs are written. One is $20.99 and other is $12.99.
    06-25-18 01:30 PM
    Are you sure it is the same one? There are two that look exactly alike, one is the one I have, the 3-coil, and the other is a 1-coil. They look identical, with the exception of the back where the specs are written. One is $20.99 and other is $12.99.
    Yes sir, absolutely. Almost bought the wrong one
    PHughes likes this.
    06-26-18 09:31 PM
    Still curious as to if it is a frimware/software thing or a hardware problem.

My guess it is a hardware issue, but is it the back cover and coil, or is it something that it connects to? Wish I was an electrical dude. I can fix it once I know a solution, most of the time, but not good at troubleshooting electrical gremlins
    06-26-18 09:41 PM
    I went through quite a few wireless charging pads before I found one that worked great without having to deal with lining up and fidgeting with it every time I placed it. I've got a few of these now and they have worked perfectly since day 1, and as a bonus you can adjust the angle the phone sits at:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13228478
    07-07-18 01:08 PM
    So, I decided to bend and twist my phone again, wireless charging is now working
    07-14-18 03:28 PM