I am using Tylt Vu to charge my Priv and occasionally it will reach full charge and just start rapidly discharging while still on the charger. This happened over past two overnights, see attached screenshot. I do not have any battery monitoring apps that would force this behavior. Any ideas?

Bonus question: how do I make android Crackberry app push news story notifications to my Priv?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Wireless charging fails-103721.jpg  
    02-17-16 08:31 AM
    It's the charger.... Some do that, and it's their fault. They will not turn back on until the phone is removed and replaced.

I have two Qi chargers and one occasionally does this, the other cycles properly all the time.

02-17-16 09:02 AM
    I am using the Tylt Vu as well and I have the same issue. Just this morning I pulled my Priv off the charger and the battery was at 95%, after wireless charging all night.

No big deal for me though. I just top it off in the car on my ride into work.

02-17-16 10:12 AM
    My wireless charging has always failed, 100% of the times I tried. Then I found out not all PRIVs were created equally because I don't even have wireless charging! HA!

I'm just joking here. Seriously kidding around.

02-17-16 05:46 PM
    My wireless charging has always failed, 100% of the times I tried. Then I found out not all PRIVs were created equally because I don't even have wireless charging! HA!

I'm just joking here. Seriously kidding around.

I laughed out loud 😜
    02-17-16 05:51 PM
    It's the charger.... Some do that, and it's their fault. They will not turn back on until the phone is removed and replaced.

I have two Qi chargers and one occasionally does this, the other cycles properly all the time.

Yep. Same problem. Two privs and two tylt vu chargers. One priv will not charge properly on any of the chargers while the other one will. This problem happens overnight so something is wrong when the phone sits overnight
    02-18-16 11:09 AM
    I've been working with Blackberry technical support on this issue. I've used the Qi-Infinity charger and the Verizon charger. Both exhibit the problem. I've had Verizon swap the phone with no success. Blackberry support has said that users have had success with the following chargers:
    * TechMatte 3 Coil Qi Wireless Charging Pad
    * Itian New Qi Three Coils Wireless Charging Pad
    * Spigen 3 coil

Can anyone confirm that this solves the problem? Any other chargers that have had success?
    Last edited by ggendel; 03-16-16 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Missing T
    03-16-16 10:23 AM
    I've been working with Blackberry technical support on this issue. I've used the Qi-Infinity charger and the Verizon charger. Both exhibit the problem. I've had Verizon swap the phone with no success. Blackberry support has said that users have had success with the following chargers:
    * echMatte 3 Coil Qi Wireless Charging Pad
    * Spigen 3 coil

Can anyone confirm that this solves the problem? Any other chargers that have had success?
    I currently have the Techmatte 1 coil and it works fine. I just ordered the choetech 3 coil fast charger but I have not received it yet. I hope that one doesn't exhibit this discharge behavior.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    03-16-16 10:33 AM
    The Choetech behaves properly; turns off when it's full, and back on when it discharges.

I have a nightstand model that, about half the time, misbehaves and doesn't come back on.
    03-16-16 11:50 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that wireless charging just isn't that great. My charger stand moved from my nightstand to my bookshelf months ago where it has sat pretty much untouched.

03-16-16 11:56 AM
    * echMatte 3 Coil Qi Wireless Charging Pad
    * Spigen 3 coil

I've got the Tylt easel and it worked fine UNTIL I put a case on it. Now I have to raise it about 1/2 inch or so above the lip. And sometimes shift it left/right a bit.

I notice a few of the chargers mentioned don't seem to come with AC adapters but recommend the 2Amp adapters (Spigen and Choetech easel).

I have used Qi charging on my Z30 for a year. It was terrific. No strain on the port. No wire I forget is plugged in when I grab the phone. It worked fine and reliably. I LOVE it. (of course, wifi sharing also meant not need for a cable, too, further reducing strain on the port).
    03-16-16 12:16 PM