Most of us charge the phone over night while sleeping.

Having wireless charging capability means less wear and tear on the micro usb port, which is also used for other things. So even if the wireless charging is slow, it will be fully charged once you wake up in the morning.
    11-29-15 02:00 AM
    Most people comment that the charging rate is slower than molasses so why is it such a big deal?

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    I think it's more for convenience during nighttime charging, when "slower than molasses" isn't an issue. Convenience being, not fumbling around trying to find the port and putting less wear and tear on the port.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-29-15 02:54 AM
    Bought 2 Samsung and GMYLE
    Attachment 382101
    Attachment 382102
    Just received both chargers the Samsung over heats my phone so I'm returning it. The GMYLE seems to be working fine.

Did anybody get a free wireless charger from ATT? I got a $50 credit as a promotional on launch day.
    11-29-15 04:06 AM
    Just received both chargers the Samsung over heats my phone so I'm returning it. The GMYLE seems to be working fine.

Did anybody get a free wireless charger from ATT? I got a $50 credit as a promotional on launch day.
    Mr4aces,
    With the samsung charger did you notice it charged at a faster rate than your GMYLE charger?

I've been search to find if the PRIV is compatible with the new Qi fast chargers, which it appears you bought on but it overheated your phone

When you say over heat.. did it just get hot or self power down and went into protection mode?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    12-06-15 01:51 AM
    Mr4aces,
    With the samsung charger did you notice it charged at a faster rate than your GMYLE charger?

I've been search to find if the PRIV is compatible with the new Qi fast chargers, which it appears you bought on but it overheated your phone

When you say over heat.. did it just get hot or self power down and went into protection mode?

I'm using the Samsung over the GMYLE after the first charge it settled down and does not over heat. Don't remember how long it sat on there the first time.

The GMYLE is slow. I kept both chargers.
    12-06-15 02:08 AM
    I'm using the Samsung over the GMYLE after the first charge it settled down and does not over heat. Don't remember how long it sat on there the first time.

The GMYLE is slow. I kept both chargers.
    Okay thats good to know, if you could guess the charge time do you think it would be a little over an hour on the samsung? If so than that sounds like it does support the new fast charge standard

12-06-15 02:33 AM
    Okay thats good to know, if you could guess the charge time do you think it would be a little over an hour on the samsung? If so than that sounds like it does support the new fast charge standard

No it depends on what charger and cable you are using. I just started a thread. My experience is 2-3 hours
    12-06-15 03:34 AM
    No it depends on what charger and cable you are using. I just started a thread. My experience is 2-3 hours
    Do you have a link to your new thread?

12-06-15 06:21 AM
    Most people comment that the charging rate is slower than molasses so why is it such a big deal?

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    I have found that although it is slower, wireless charging has two purposes.

1) Ease of over night charging without having to fumble with cord. Love picking my phone up to turn alarm off in the morning without sleepily forgetting to unplug it first.

2) Great for those with desk jobs. Their phone is lying on their desk anyway, so just set it on a charger. Trickle chsrging will always keep the battery above 80 percent at least.

Other than these two scenarios, you would be better off purchasing a quick charge 2.0 charger.

Mr4aces and Jonneh like this.
    12-06-15 11:52 AM
    Do you have a link to your new thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1052692/
    12-06-15 09:56 PM
    Anybody know if the STV100-3 has wireless charging also or is it just the STV100-1?
    12-10-15 11:37 PM
    STV100-3 does not have wireless charging
    12-11-15 03:14 AM
    That's what I thought. Unfortunate.
    12-12-15 01:52 AM
    I made the mistake of not waiting for wireless charging on the Classic. Paid full price at launch then sold for a loss and bought the wireless model. Wireless charging is a must have.

Just think the 9900 had contact charging points which is "almost" the same
    12-12-15 10:13 PM
    This is my wireless charging time using the Samsung fast charge wireless pad mentioned above

Same as if it were plugged in

Attached Thumbnails Wireless Charging-13828.jpg  
    01-19-16 08:46 AM
    Wireless charging on STV100-1 with alignment feature for optimal charging.
    Did the alignment helper just pop up? I've never seen those on my PRIV when doing wireless charging.
    01-19-16 09:00 AM
    If there a way to customize the volume keys to skip tracks?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rackctrl&hl=en
    01-19-16 10:36 AM
    My wireless charging seems to stop overnight. I put it on the charging stand with daydream showing a dim clock. It shows charging, but in the morning it's showing like 76 percent. I didn't think to check the battery stats to see what it actually did. I'll look at it tomorrow.

My Samsung wireless charging windshield mount charges even with Waze and the like running, so I can't believe it is charging too slowly to show a dim clock. (By the way, the Samsung mount charging location is not right for the Priv and I have to position it up about an inch from the bottom. The charging stand is three coils and doesn't have any trouble with positioning.)
    01-30-16 02:02 PM
    This is my wireless charging time using the Samsung fast charge wireless pad mentioned above

Same as if it were plugged in

B-B-But some people say wireless charging is very slow!

Nope but then again we don't know what charger they have. The samsung fast charger is definitely better than most reason being it is rated for 9V at 1.67A unlike most at 5V at 2A.

http://phandroid.com/2015/09/25/sams...ng-comparison/

This shows how much faster the fast wireless charger is compared to their regular one; it's significantly faster.
    01-30-16 02:06 PM
    B-B-But some people say wireless charging is very slow!

Nope but then again we don't know what charger they have. The samsung fast charger is definitely better than most reason being it is rated for 9V at 1.67A unlike most at 5V at 2A.

http://phandroid.com/2015/09/25/sams...ng-comparison/

This shows how much faster the fast wireless charger is compared to their regular one; it's significantly faster.
    I thought only the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ were capable of the faster charging though?
    01-30-16 03:02 PM
    Never been confirmed or denied. Hopely jasonvan9 can test this by using a 5V 2A charger then a 9V one on his fast charge wireless pad? I will probably order one myself to test but first need to get my hands on the aukey quick charge 2.0 charger first so I can plug it to the samsung fast charge pad
    01-30-16 03:55 PM
46 12