However I always somehow managed to figure everything out
    With the Priv I'm having issues
    And can not figure it out myself
    I see people writing about a marshmallow update
    To me a marshmallow is a snack one grills at a bonfire
    Get it ? I'm challenged
    I managed to be ok with the Priv even though I had plenty issues
    However now its become unbearable
    First of all its constantly hot, not just sometimes, so hot, my hands get burned and I have to watch how I handle my phone
    Then of course the battery drains within 3 hours it goes from 100 to zero just using messinger service and some emailing
    (No apps running)
    The hub does not respond 50 percent of the time
    And is very very laggy
    Anyone willing to help me fix it
    By calling me and going through the steps, I would as the title says, be willing to pay them for their time
    Thanks in advance

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-16 01:18 PM
    No need to pay anyone... people here will try to help your for free... two questions: is your phone under warranty still? And, besides the obvious issues you've had with the device, do you like it?

05-27-16 01:23 PM
    Marshmallow update = Android 6.0.1
    You most probably have Lollipop now = Android 5.1.1 on your device.
    Once Marshmallow is available for you to download (again OS 6.0.1), you will notice a lot of battery improvements and the heating issues will greatly decrease.

I'm guessing your device isn't factory unlocked (bought from BBShop or Amazon)? You'll have to wait for your carrier to send you the update. Hang in there!
    05-27-16 01:25 PM
    You'll also find a lot of tips and tricks at the BB help blog found here - Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    05-27-16 01:31 PM
    Also, for free you can call BB: Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067

But in the interim, open main Settings (swipe down with two fingers once or one finger twice). Scroll down to Battery. Now look at what is using the battery? Processes or apps or screen? If you want you can take a Screenshot (press at the same time the Power Button and the Vol Down button - takes a bit of practice).

Who is your Carrier? That can determine which OS is the most up-to-date for your Priv.

Come back and we can discuss if you might want to reload your OS using an Autoloader or maybe wipe the Priv of apps?
    05-27-16 02:07 PM
    Thanks !!!!
    Lol I know how to take a screenshot and how to open settings
    I'm not that challenged
    I had a chuckle there so thanks
    I will do the screenshot and attach soon
    As I just charged my phone

05-27-16 02:59 PM
    When you are at the battery usage page, tap on the battery graph and look for the "awake" bar at the bottom. Ideally the awake bar should be identical to the "screen on" bar. If your phone is still awake when the screen is off, something is not right.

05-27-16 03:11 PM
    Thanks !!!!
    Lol I know how to take a screenshot and how to open settings
    I'm not that challenged
    I had a chuckle there so thanks
    I will do the screenshot and attach soon
    As I just charged my phone

I've seen your issues in many other threads. We're more than willing to help you out here. But you need to try what we suggest and post a follow-up so that we can diagnose and pinpoint what the issues are. It's no use presenting your issues here and then disappearing (only to re-appear in a new-but similar thread). I'm not trying to belittle your situation, but rather suggest you work with us in this one thread. Please do follow-up here if you want us to help you.

Cheers.
    05-27-16 03:13 PM
    It's not a bad idea to call BlackBerry (and that's why I asked you if the phone is under warranty)... let me tell you my experience... I bought a just three months old used priv in mint condition, when I received it it was in fact mint... however, after testing it for a couple of days I noticed: the front speaker had a distortion at maximum volume, battery life not so good, getting warm easily, plus some issues with loose back... decided to call BlackBerry and they were very nice... since the phone was just three months old, they just replaced it for a refurbished (I assume) one that was in perfect condition, I could say that it was new... the rep told me that he couldn't send me a brand new in box because it was more than 30 days old... the replacement is solid, no heat problems, battery last whole day or more depending on my use with 4 to 6 hours of SOT, front speaker loud and clear, no issues with the back... I know a lot of people have had terrible experiences with BlackBerry support but in my case was perfect... and don't forget that I even wasn't the original owner...

FF22 likes this.
    05-27-16 03:19 PM
    OP, It is too bad you are having problems. This is a great community, so you won't have to pay.

I thought I remembered this exact post from awhile back. Anyone wishing to help might do a search on OP's post history. The background might help you determine the most useful response.

05-27-16 04:18 PM
    Yes
    I have posted issues and always did what you guys would suggest
    I just wanted someone to guide me from beginning to end
    The phone is 7 months old
    And I'm with at and t
    And I appreciate everyone's help

05-27-16 06:22 PM
    Anyone willing to help me fix it
    By calling me and going through the steps, I would as the title says, be willing to pay them for their time
    Thanks in advance

Do you know how to use BBM voice? If so, PM me and I will be happy to go over this via BBM Voice call if that is what you feel would be a better help for you... I'm currently out, but I'll be available a little later and can help if you still need it... (and for NO charge haha)

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    05-27-16 06:35 PM
    Okay, that means NO Marshmallow yet.

Have you looked at the battery info? What appears to be running and using it? For instance Blackberry Services? The Display/Screen? Some particular app?

If you want to totally reload the OS and not worry about losing settings you can use an Autoloader. But FIRST backup any special data: photos on the phone, screenshots you might want to save. Downloads or documents that you don't have backup copies of. If you've created any NOTES, those might need manual backup.

Here's the generic Autoloader thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/

And there's the specific versions for AT&T:

LOLLIPOP
    AT&T STV100-1

(edited to add: apparently Crackberry breaks the following links. So follow the link above and scroll to find the version(s) of the Autoloader needed for AT&T or other carriers)

https://bbapps.download.blackberry.c...att-AAD447.zip -- AAD447 (February update)
    https://bbapps.download.blackberry.c...att-AAE599.zip -- AAE599 (May update)
    Last edited by F2; 05-29-16 at 03:34 PM.
    05-27-16 06:52 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of your battery life? I'd like to see what's eating up your battery. Thanks.

05-27-16 07:21 PM

Have you looked at the battery info? What appears to be running and using it? For instance Blackberry Services? The Display/Screen? Some particular app?

If you want to totally reload the OS and not worry about losing settings you can use an Autoloader. But FIRST backup any special data: photos on the phone, screenshots you might want to save. Downloads or documents that you don't have backup copies of. If you've created any NOTES, those might need manual backup.

LOLLIPOP
    AT&T STV100-1
    https://bbapps.download.blackberry.c...att-AAD447.zip -- AAD447 (February update)
    I second F2's suggestion of completely wiping with the auto-loader to be sure it's not software. Make sure you backup everything that's important FIRST - photos, call history, sms, docs, etc. You should be able to backup most to the cloud via Google but might need a third party for sms and call history. Here's one example:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...msbackup&hl=en

And once you've downloaded the autoloader for your carrier (links above from F2) here's an article from Bla1ze on how to do it. REMEMBER to make sure you're satisfied that you've backed everything up first though!

How to reload the OS on your BlackBerry Priv | CrackBerry.com

After the Auto-loader restore, I'd then check for any additional updates from your carrier.

If the device still has heating / battery / etc issues, then I'd for sure contact BlackBerry or AT&T about swapping it out.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-29-16 01:24 PM

LOLLIPOP
    AT&T STV100-1
    This a million times this.

Your problems will magically go away.

Just make sure you use the right autoloader for your device variant

05-29-16 01:50 PM

LOLLIPOP
    AT&T STV100-1
    Just FYI, CrackBerry's arse-backwards URL shortener broke the direct links in your post. The thread for the autoloaders works, though.
    05-29-16 02:04 PM
    Just FYI, CrackBerry's arse-backwards URL shortener broke the direct links in your post. The thread for the autoloaders works, though.
    Whoops! Well, folks will have to stick with the main thread and scroll to find what they need.

Any reason the latest Verizon update (May Security) is not available yet?

(edited to add: I added additional info above about the broken links)
    Last edited by F2; 05-29-16 at 03:35 PM.
    05-29-16 02:25 PM
    Whoops! Well, folks will have to stick with the main thread and scroll to find what they need.

Any reason the latest Verizon update (May Security) is not available yet?
    Because Verizon is similarly arse-backwards?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-29-16 02:43 PM
    Well, looks like this person has disappeared, again. Expect to see another completely new thread about the same ol'....

05-29-16 03:42 PM
    Well, looks like this person has disappeared, again. Expect to see another completely new thread about the same ol'....

In which case, just forward them the link to this thread in reply, lol. OR maybe CivilDissident sorted it on BBM Voice already.
    05-29-16 03:52 PM
    Anyone else think the Marshmallow update fixed the heat issue by throttling the CPU to a lower clock? Things feel a little slower than they used to be and games don't perform as well as they did before the update.
    05-29-16 04:35 PM
    In which case, just forward them the link to this thread in reply, lol. OR maybe CivilDissident sorted it on BBM Voice already.
    No. I waited for a PM and am still ready to help over BBM voice if the OP needs it, but they didn't reach out either, so... 🤔

05-29-16 04:41 PM
    Anyone else think the Marshmallow update fixed the heat issue by throttling the CPU to a lower clock? Things feel a little slower than they used to be and games don't perform as well as they did before the update.
    My CPU analyser still shows the first 4 cores running at 1.44Ghz when under load.
    05-29-16 04:56 PM
    No. I waited for a PM and am still ready to help over BBM voice if the OP needs it, but they didn't reach out either, so... 🤔

Well, like I said, same 'ol then! In a few days, there will be another thread about the same thing.

05-30-16 12:36 AM
27 12