Any news on when we are getting Marshmallow please? I don't know the additional features but just wondering

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-12-16 02:43 PM
    Soon.....

They said it would be first quarter of the year.... I would expect something from Chen a MWC at the end of the month. Would be good if they have Marshmallow out for the Verizon launch.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-12-16 02:52 PM
    I believe they are gonna announce it at the MWC and that it will be available to download within a month..

Posted via CB10
    02-12-16 03:45 PM
    Soon.....

They said it would be first quarter of the year.... I would expect something from Chen a MWC at the end of the month. Would be good if they have Marshmallow out for the Verizon launch.
    Didn't they only say they were going to *announce* something in Q1, not necessarily release anything.

randall2580, zipro and FF22 like this.
    02-12-16 04:32 PM
    What features will marshmallow bring to us on the Priv?

Posted with my Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-12-16 05:23 PM

Granular app permissions is the big one. Google Now on Tap is the other, but it's not very useful. I have a Nexus 5X too and the situations where Now on Tap is useful is very rare. Other features are mostly behind the scenes security stuff that BlackBerry has already sort of added.
    FF22 and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-12-16 05:25 PM
    Granular app permissions is the big one. Google Now on Tap is the other, but it's not very useful. I have a Nexus 5X too and the situations where Now on Tap is useful is very rare. Other features are mostly behind the scenes security stuff that BlackBerry has already sort of added.
    You can also get granular permission with Advanced Permission app. So, probably not much from what I understand. Would be nice for some additional tweaks to the Hub and maybe improve the battery life.

Enjoying the Priv
    02-12-16 06:07 PM
    You can also get granular permission with Advanced Permission app. So, probably not much from what I understand. Would be nice for some additional tweaks to the Hub and maybe improve the battery life.

Enjoying the Priv
    Yeah, but I thought that just denied the permission but the apps still pinged for location and stuff so they still wasted battery? I also forgot about Doze.
    02-12-16 06:25 PM
    My guess. Priv will get M a month or two after the release of the Vienna. they will want to market the new phone first and run with it for a bit. You can bet Rogers release will be weeks after that - they are slow

02-12-16 06:30 PM
    Any news on when we are getting Marshmallow please? I don't know the additional features but just wondering

Battery life should be improved because they are adding Doze and App Standby. The change should be noticeable.
    02-12-16 09:02 PM
    My guess. Priv will get M a month or two after the release of the Vienna. they will want to market the new phone first and run with it for a bit. You can bet Rogers release will be weeks after that - they are slow

If you mean software updates for the Priv, I'm not entirely sure Rogers will be slow to rollout Android M when it is available. I would say it'll be a week after release, just like when the monthly security updates are available. The other thing to keep in mind is that which Canadian Carrier has been 'Faster' than Rogers with regards to software updates? I feel like the big 3 are usually even.

I'd like to think BlackBerry would want both their android devices to have M on both at the same time so there's no fragmentation right away...

If this is in regards to the Vienna being released, then it'll all depend on Rogers with inventory risk management, demand for the device, just the same as any carrier. Look at the Xperia Z5, Bell is the only carrier in Canada who has it. Rogers and Telus didn't think the returns would be worth the inventory risk.

Posted from my BlackBerry PRIV - The best hybrid device I've ever seen!
    02-13-16 12:28 AM
    [INFO]Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Facebook notification will not show in the hub” or “How do I use Glympse on BBM? ” [/INFO]

A helpful tip, here. Just putting "Marshmallow" up is a word. The title now asks a coherent question. Thanks.
    02-13-16 02:23 AM
    probably when every one else is receiving Android 7.0.
    EG8196, dejanh, dhack21 and 1 others like this.
    02-13-16 04:14 AM
    We hope to get Marshmallow in Q1 . May be we shall have announcement soon at MWC.
    02-13-16 06:11 AM
    They have been transparent about this (end of q1).

Honestly though they should have other priorities such as doing things like releasing their BlackBerry browser and file manager, making the swipe up shortcut go to recent apps instead of google and swipe right take users to the universal inbox.

If they do that it's practically bb10.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 07:15 AM
    making the swipe up shortcut go to recent apps instead of google
    This is an incredible idea. Would certainly replicate the BB10 experience to a degree.
    02-13-16 07:22 AM

Buglessness, the most important feature there is.

02-13-16 09:02 AM
    you will have to wait for the announcement of the announcement of mm for bb we have been thru this before already.
    eg
    on this day bb has scheduled an announcement for feb.21 to announce when mm will be announced for the bb priv.
    JeepBB, dejanh and techvisor like this.
    02-13-16 09:49 AM
    you will have to wait for the announcement of the announcement of mm for bb we have been thru this before already.
    eg
    on this day bb has scheduled an announcement for feb.21 to announce when mm will be announced for the bb priv.
    Oh, you mean something like this:

Will we have Marshmallow anytime soon?-climateflowchart-e1367442859568.jpg
    JeepBB and endevour like this.
    02-13-16 10:04 AM
    Oh, you mean something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	climateflowchart-e1367442859568.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	391180

i wish it was this simple from bb at least this we can understand bb just confuses us
    FF22 likes this.
    02-13-16 10:11 AM
    AFAIK : Behind the scene optimization (speed, battery) and further granular control that may help BlackBerry to tighten security more (?). Maybe a better "integration" (Chen used "merge") of BB10 features ...

But moreover, IMHO : a marketing sales argument.
    02-13-16 10:18 AM
    We hope to get Marshmallow in Q1 . May be we shall have announcement soon at MWC.
    One would hope but I highly doubt it. They said they would make an announcement on when it would be available later on on Q1.
    02-13-16 10:36 AM
    One would hope but I highly doubt it. They said they would make an announcement on when it would be available later on on Q1.
    Yes correct. May be it will come early Q2.
    02-13-16 10:47 AM
    I call May 18, release day of Nougat or whatever they call that one.
    02-13-16 01:48 PM
    don't see why this whole anxiety about marshmallow...is Lollipop not good enough? sure, MM will bring something new, but i don't think it's worthy of so much stress.
    anyway, i think BB is working on the tweaks and customization of MM and when it's ready it will be released.
    Norg likes this.
    02-13-16 08:11 PM
49 12