Does anyone know if Carphone Warehouse will be stocking it in their larger stores? Or is it strictly pre-orders only?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 12:14 PM
    I would simply ring the nearest store and work from there
    11-05-15 01:07 PM
    That's my plan but I was just hoping someone'd know for definite.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 02:37 PM
    Very much doubt they will. It'll prob be next week if they do have it.
    If they have got some stock though then I'll be straight there getting one tomorrow evening.
    11-05-15 03:07 PM
    called at my local Carphone warehouse and was told no stock will be held at store and it's order only for the Priv, or any Blackberry phone this a large city store
    which used to hold a few in stock how times change, and online web site says delivery is possibly 13th November.
    11-05-15 03:09 PM
    I thought that'd be the case. In which case then I'll be potentially ordering from the Selfridges website tomorrow if orders go live. Whether they have the stock or not straight away is another story.
    My guess is they will just have the out of stock message for the whole week until the 13th.

Apparently though the London Selfirdges store will have a pop up shop selling them tomorrow.
    11-05-15 03:20 PM
    I'm planning to head into the London Selfridges tomorrow to try one out. I have the red passport and absolutely love it, and I can't quite see why I would want to shell out �550 for the Priv, but I also fear that I might come away with one...

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:34 PM
    I'm planning to head into the London Selfridges tomorrow to try one out. I have the red passport and absolutely love it, and I can't quite see why I would want to shell out �550 for the Priv, but I also fear that I might come away with one...

Posted via CB10
    Haha lucky you. I hope you do come away with one. Just so I can hear all about it whilst I wait for mine! Do let us know if they're available to buy from there tomorrow!
    11-05-15 03:40 PM
    I will, I'll put a picture up of the display they have. I don't know what to do really. I am Mr. BlackBerry so the thought of not buying one is painful, but if I'm honest I just can't see a single benefit over the passport, can you?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:54 PM
    I will, I'll put a picture up of the display they have. I don't know what to do really. I am Mr. BlackBerry so the thought of not buying one is painful, but if I'm honest I just can't see a single benefit over the passport, can you?

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm the same tbh with the whole BB support.
    Hence me wanting to jump aboard. And as for the benefits, yeah I can see loads. My problem with BB devices was always the apps. For a lot of people it doesn't mean anything as they don't choose BB for a media heavy device. But for those like me, who use my phone like most of the other masses of 25 year olds, I think it's fantastic that we now have a BB device with THAT KEYPAD plus all the apps you could ever want. I feel like it's a BB device for anyone without compromises. I've previously felt like owning a BB device has come with compromises. For me that was apps. Same when I own an iPhone though. The compromise is the dreadful on screen keyboard and the terrible notification set up.
    With Priv, I feel like I'm getting everything I want with a phone all in one sexy package. Not perfect though. I could do with it being a touch smaller and Android isn't my favourite OS. But the size I will get used to and Android is that customisable I can make it work for me I'm sure.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    11-05-15 04:10 PM
    I guess it's horses for courses isn't it. I used to sweat over the app gap but since the amazon deal and then using Cobalt's method for getting the play store on the passport I have virtually all the apps that I need including the ones I thought I would never get on a blackberry such as Eurosport Player and a few other media related ones. Literally the only app that doesn't work now is Sky Go, which is a problem, but I have an LG G3 to compensate for the rare occasions that I actually use it.
    My dilemma is that I always used to dream of a blackberry handset that wasn't limited by apps, but the Priv just isn't that is it? It's not a blackberry if it doesn't have the full hub, the file support, the fully gestures based OS etc. And on top of that, I HATE the thought of endless app updates from android, every time I lift up the G3 there are tons of them, plus a load of other useless notifications. I don't know if I can sacrifice the professional feel of the BB10 OS just to get access to a few apps. Plus I love the passport screen so much I honestly think I'd struggle now with a traditional shaped screen. I can only have a go with one and see how I feel though. I am loyal to blackberry until the end, so if this is the direction we're going then I guess I'll have to get on board eventually....

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 04:31 PM
    Yeah that all makes perfect sense. I guess i felt the same about constant app updates but when I had my Classic and the WhatsApp app was 'updated' to only allow a single emoji to be inserted at a time unless the shift key was held, I was left scratching my head. And annoyed knowing that the other versions of WhatsApp on other platforms didn't have to deal with that. A small thing, but annoying nonetheless. Especially when the previous version of WhatsApp worked flawlessly.

I guess part of me likes the updates because generally it's making the app better. I just have my iOS apps set to automatically update which takes a lot of the hassle away.

Regarding the BB10 experience, I completely agree. It's a shame the hub isn't there like it is in BB10 (which is my favourite thing about being a BB user) , but the great thing about it now being an Android app is... Dem updates ha. As annoying as they can be, the updates can add the things that are missing in over time.

Professionalism is standard with a BB device and I understand that the Priv running Android may lose that a little bit. But I'm looking forward to it because for me it's the coming together of 2 great things with BB hardware (a form factor found no where else) and all the popular apps I love using and missed on BB. I side loaded onto my Passport and Classic and the experience for me, was dreadful. It just didn't work. Load times were bad, the appearance of apps was bad and the most important ones for me like Barclays Mobile Bamking will not work at all and ever have. Too many compromises.

But now, with Priv I hope to find the perfect balance. I understand it's not for everyone though.
    11-05-15 04:46 PM
    Maybe I'm just lucky (or I have low standards!) but most of the android apps I've loaded have been fine. I totally agree though that all of us BlackBerry faithful have to admit that we all acknowledge the 'compromise' feeling. I have always felt that with BlackBerry, hence why I usually have an android device as well, but in a way it probably made me more defensive of the brand, because I know there's something lacking I defend it even harder, like a form of overcompensation! Maybe that doesn't make sense, I don't know...
    My BlackBerry brand loyalty comes from when I started work in the City in the early 00's, in the days when only really senior people had Blackberrys, and I saw it as a badge of honour to have one. I've never lost that feeling and I never will. The fact that I now have BlackBerry balance to give me my work profile on the passport so I don't have to carry two phones is like the icing on the cake. Another thing I'd have to give up with the Priv.
    I'm really glad that you feel excited about it, it means BlackBerry are getting it right with the key demographic of the mid-20s. I'm 36 so I'm probably less relevant! I'm really looking forward to playing with it tomorrow though and I'll let you know how it performs!

Posted via CB10
    Aneres11 likes this.
    11-05-15 04:59 PM
    No I completely agree with everything you say. Particularly the badge of honour thing.
    I like how BB has stayed true to itself. Sure, people may not feel that way now it's 'powered by Android' on the Priv, but when you look at it you know it's a BlackBerry.

Please do! It'll help me get through the day in work hearing your thoughts and give me something to look forward to now I'm not getting mine til God knows when hah.
    11-05-15 05:05 PM
    I've never hated anyone as much as I hate CPW right now. Gonna be a long *** week
    nonamenomore likes this.
    11-05-15 06:03 PM
    I've never hated anyone as much as I hate CPW right now. Gonna be a long *** week
    Not because of their nasty customer service?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:30 PM
    called at my local Carphone warehouse and was told no stock will be held at store and it's order only for the Priv, or any Blackberry phone this a large city store
    which used to hold a few in stock how times change, and online web site says delivery is possibly 13th November.
    To be honest, most of the time these workers don't really know anything until it happens. They're as clueless as the rest of us. The only difference between us and them is that they're wearing a uniform and are getting paid.

I went in today and the guy had to Google 'BlackBerry Priv' on his Tab S. I really felt like asking him why he even works there.

Hopefully management will have arranged some stock for us. I remember when the Passport was originally launched they only had literally about 5 in stock in their larger stores and absolutely none in their smaller ones. Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    11-05-15 06:33 PM