Will AT&T ever think to fix my phone. I was told that every AT&T phone has this issue. But if you use a unlocked factory phone from blackberry for example it works just fine on AT&T. Am I stranded here? They say they are working on it. But what's the reality of the situation? I hope anyone with insight can help. I obv went thro all the workthros, HD calling, textra, factory reset, AT&T even sent a new phone. I am hoping anyone with any more insight can help me out. I don't want to drop another $400 on a phone I already have.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-16 06:23 PM
    is this the txt msging issue? I agree, it's awful and the only thing keeping me from loving my phone
    09-27-16 06:30 PM
    is this the txt msging issue? I agree, it's awful and the only thing keeping me from loving my phone
    Yes. Multi media. Group texts and long messages or pictures

09-27-16 06:43 PM
    I was told that every AT&T phone has this issue.
    I have had my AT&T branded Priv since launch and I don't have any MMS issues or the No Service issue. So no, not every AT&T Priv has these issues.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    Last edited by Bob80220; 09-27-16 at 08:02 PM.
    ShimmeringFuel and andy957 like this.
    09-27-16 07:36 PM
    I have an ATT Priv. No Texting issues since March and no other "no service" problems either.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-27-16 07:57 PM
    I have no serious issues with my att branded priv (it occasionally runs hot if I'm using video skype). No problem with messaging or email or anything, except that the word suggestion is nowhere near as good as the Z30.

via Priv
    09-27-16 08:57 PM
    so what's unique about my situation? I factory reset, swapped out the whole phone, tried to remove all apps related to mms.....no clue what causes the issue
    09-27-16 09:53 PM
    those with no problems, are you using hub? and what for txt/mms? I've tried hangouts, messenger, textra, contacts plus, and the stock app.
    09-27-16 09:54 PM
    Have you called BlackBerry phone support? You have free phone support in the USA and Canada for one year.
    09-28-16 06:58 AM
    those with no problems, are you using hub? and what for txt/mms? I've tried hangouts, messenger, textra, contacts plus, and the stock app.
    Yes, I'm using HUB and the stock messenger app.

Bob

09-28-16 07:49 AM
    Have you called BlackBerry phone support? You have free phone support in the USA and Canada for one year.
    And the UK, too.
    09-28-16 09:35 AM
    I tried that back when I first got the phone. first att, then BB. they both blamed each other. It was close to launch though, maybe they know the issue better now and I'll try again. I have kept hoping an android update would make it go away...
    09-28-16 10:56 AM
    I wonder if it's on the device itself then. So if I try to get another one under warranty would it maybe be different? Or same old same old?

09-28-16 10:57 AM
    Will AT&T ever think to fix my phone. I was told that every AT&T phone has this issue. But if you use a unlocked factory phone from blackberry for example it works just fine on AT&T. Am I stranded here? They say they are working on it. But what's the reality of the situation? I hope anyone with insight can help. I obv went thro all the workthros, HD calling, textra, factory reset, AT&T even sent a new phone. I am hoping anyone with any more insight can help me out. I don't want to drop another $400 on a phone I already have.

My At&t branded PRIV won't send any type of MMS. I just don't send any MMS anymore
    09-29-16 04:07 AM
    I used to have that problem in my week old Priv until I turned off Enhanced LTE services and the disable 2g option. Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks. Now it sends and receives MMS without problems.

Posted via my unnamed Priv.
    krazyatom, FF22 and newcollector like this.
    09-29-16 11:56 AM
    My At&t branded PRIV won't send any type of MMS. I just don't send any MMS anymore
    My AT&T branded Priv sends my MMS messages without any problems using the stock messenger App... I can send and receive MMS text messages and photos just fine and do so on a daily basis... 👍

Bob

09-29-16 12:16 PM
    I used to have that problem in my week old Priv until I turned off Enhanced LTE services and the disable 2g option. Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks. Now it sends and receives MMS without problems.

Holy crap!! I tried what you did and my Priv now sends MMS. Thanks alot!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 01:00 PM
    I'm trying it now. I hope it works. Try doing a group chat and see if it works. That's was always my issue.

09-29-16 02:07 PM
    Just to clarify, do you toggle the disable 2G switch on or off? I have the same issue...
    Thanks!

09-29-16 02:40 PM

Just as a FYI... I have Enhanced LTE Services toggled on and connected, 2G enabled, and I don't have any issues with MMS running the stock messenger app.

I'm glad by toggling those off it fixed your issue... 👍

Bob

09-29-16 04:26 PM
    I only have certain messages hit or miss.. But bothers me that there is no names in the hub. If o have multiple group messages I can't tell them apart until I open them.

09-29-16 06:55 PM
    Everything works fine in my priv. Also you should go to the messenger app (stock) settings>advanced and change anything you see odd. The MMS settings are there.

09-29-16 07:54 PM
    Must be random AT&T privs with this issue. That's too bad. I use group messages a lot on a hourly basis and it's very noticeable. Idk if you guys are doing the same.

09-30-16 10:10 AM
    It seems like it is regional. Certain areas are bad (chicago), others not so bad (michigan).

09-30-16 10:21 AM
    All is good here in Louisville, Kentucky and in Bowling Green as well.
    09-30-16 11:20 AM
31 12