The PP has three rows with a fourth extra row on-screen for punctuation and numbers directly above the top row of keys. And, of course, the space bar is between the V and B keys.

On the slider, it's the standard BlackBerry four row keyboard. There is a bigger gap and a step up between the keyboard and the screen when opened - making it harder to have a smooth transition from keyboard to screen.

BTW, this isn't really rumor, there are pictures of the device.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 10:39 PM
    The trackpad is next to useless for BlackBerry 10. It's astonishing how people can't come to terms that you don't need it and it doesn't help do anything more quickly than just tapping the screen.
    With the exception of Android apps, the music player and the calendar, all the apps works very well with the trackpad, especially the mouse cursor in the browser. Awesome for not so optimized pages with hover menus and precise clicking.

It works extremely well with single-handed use. Try doing that with your ginormous phablets.

And before you accuse me of being a BlackBerry user who refuse to move on: I never had a BlackBerry before my Classic.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-28-15 08:37 AM
    I'd be okay with them putting a trackpad on the device, just incorporate it in the slider portion.

Posted via CB10
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-28-15 08:50 AM
    Anybody who says a trackpad is useless must never copy and paste text or move around in documents because a touch screen doesn't come close to offering the same experience. It's imprecise and we cover what we are trying to select with our fingers. It's why we still use mice on our pc's. It's so much more efficient.

Fortunately the slider it looks like it will have a touch keyboard which serves the same purpose.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 11:16 AM
    I'd be okay with them putting a trackpad on the device, just incorporate it in the slider portion.

Posted via CB10
    Well it has to be. The device was already shown and there's no trackpad seen, so the only way to implement it is with the touch sensitive keyboard.

That would be an innovative use.
    08-28-15 11:16 AM
    Even more astonishing are those that use BB10 devices as alarm clocks and wonder why people still use bedside alarm clocks.
    Why do people still use bedside alarm clocks?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 11:25 AM
    Anybody who says a trackpad is useless must never copy and paste text or move around in documents because a touch screen doesn't come close to offering the same experience. It's imprecise and we cover what we are trying to select with our fingers. It's why we still use mice on our pc's. It's so much more efficient.

Fortunately the slider it looks like it will have a touch keyboard which serves the same purpose.

Posted via CB10

For myself, with a BlackBerry Z10, I can cut and paste even better than my 9900. It does take practise. I find BlackBerry cut and paste to be much better than on the iPhone or Android .

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 11:29 AM
    Please no Passport style capacitive double-typing keyboard. Regular rock-solid chiclet keyboard please. And trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-15 02:03 PM
    Please no Passport style capacitive double-typing keyboard. Regular rock-solid chiclet keyboard please. And trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    The design has been finalized already. So not even sure why is this discussion even going on.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-28-15 02:18 PM
    IMHO there is no comparison when it comes to selecting the tiny text for correction or copy. The trackpad is way better.
    Totally agree!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    08-29-15 07:00 PM
    If the keyboard is touch enabled like rumored it will make scrolling so much nicer when the keyboard is out, that would be a long reach to the screen without it!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-15 07:45 PM
    I think it will have a scroll wheel!

Posted via Z30
    08-29-15 07:55 PM
37 12