Usually Android phones Won't Go next level for example we cant update Android KitKat to lollipop
    That's why lollipop will not get further next level Android updates according to me
    What is your opinion

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-10-15 07:25 AM
    First off, many Kit Kat devices got Lollipop.

Second, the Priv will most likely ship with Lollipop because it is very stable right now (remember the first few months after release of L? - it was a bit messy). I would expect Marshmallow to follow in the Spring.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-10-15 07:46 AM
    What about a fruit salad!? Too much candy isn't good!

Posted via CB10
    nyzfinestdomini likes this.
    10-10-15 08:05 AM
    I like guessing what candy the next version will be named after.. what starts with N?

Nougat?

Now-n-Later?

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2514
    10-10-15 08:10 AM
    That's why lollipop will not get further next level Android updates according to me
    News is only as good as its source, no?

solitude1984 likes this.
    10-10-15 08:14 AM
    Anyway I don't care I am going to buy Blackberry Z30 after BlackBerry Q10 because my Q10 got bad
    I am going to order Blackberry Z 30 Snapdeal,india
    don't like Android don't like priv

BerrySoul likes this.
    10-10-15 09:08 AM
    Anyway I don't care ...

So why did you start this thread?

Carjackd and 00stryder like this.
    10-10-15 09:16 AM
    Anyway I don't care I am going to buy Blackberry Z30 after BlackBerry Q10 because my Q10 got bad
    I am going to order Blackberry Z 30 Snapdeal,india
    don't like Android don't like priv

Irony eh?
    10-10-15 09:28 AM
    First off, many Kit Kat devices got Lollipop.

Second, the Priv will most likely ship with Lollipop because it is very stable right now (remember the first few months after release of L? - it was a bit messy). I would expect Marshmallow to follow in the Spring.
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised (well maybe a bit, but pleasantly so) if it actually shipped with Marshmallow. Mainly because I've speculated in the past that they've been holding out for granular app permissions, and other security improvements made with the new M version. The timing for the Priv release and Marshmallow's release seem to be somewhat aligned. But that's just a speculative guess.
    10-10-15 10:00 AM
    I wouldn't be entirely surprised (well maybe a bit, but pleasantly so) if it actually shipped with Marshmallow. Mainly because I've speculated in the past that they've been holding out for granular app permissions, and other security improvements made with the new M version. The timing for the Priv release and Marshmallow's release seem to be somewhat aligned. But that's just a speculative guess.
    I also wouldn't be surprised to see it shipped with Marshmallow right out of the box. Yet even if not, I am pretty sure BlackBerry will be pretty eager to get the update out ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:04 AM
    I agree with the priv on marshmallow idea, and as for devices not stepping up, every android device I ever had jumped up through the iterations of android. A lot of devices like the galaxy s4 that shipped with jellybean went to kit Kat and now sit on lollipop. My m8 started with kit Kat, now on lollipop and planned to receive marshmallow in the near future

Via My Black and Gold Q10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    10-10-15 10:06 AM
    Jelly bean never go in marshmallow
    How is this relevant?

10-10-15 08:18 PM
    I like guessing what candy the next version will be named after.. what starts with N?

Nougat?

Now-n-Later?

Nutella, Nanaimo, Nectarine, Nutter Butter, Neapolitan , Nestea,

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    10-10-15 09:59 PM
    Jelly bean never go in marshmallow
    Sure, but any device that shipped with Jelly Bean are now 3 years old, or will be by the time Marshmallow starts rolling out to standard devices. Even Apple doesn't typically support devices for that long (there have been exceptions, but those devices often are "missing" several key features and are plagued with performance issues). Jelly Bean devices are essentially due to be retired soon - that's just the nature of a rapidly-evolving tech like smartphones. Sure, the growth curve is starting to flatten out a bit, and in a few years, it will have flattened out enough that devices could survive for 4 or even 5 years before software outpaces the hardware, but we aren't there yet - and that's no one's fault.
    10-10-15 10:06 PM
    Sure, but any device that shipped with Jelly Bean are now 3 years old, or will be by the time Marshmallow starts rolling out to standard devices. Even Apple doesn't typically support devices for that long (there have been exceptions, but those devices often are "missing" several key features and are plagued with performance issues). Jelly Bean devices are essentially due to be retired soon - that's just the nature of a rapidly-evolving tech like smartphones. Sure, the growth curve is starting to flatten out a bit, and in a few years, it will have flattened out enough that devices could survive for 4 or even 5 years before software outpaces the hardware, but we aren't there yet - and that's no one's fault.
    OP forgot PlayBook never get update to BlackBerry 10 OS *cough cough*
    10-10-15 10:19 PM
    OP forgot PlayBook never get update to BlackBerry 10 OS *cough cough*
    Mind you choke there! PlayBook? Every Tech Company has failed devices, have a look at the failed beloved apple products list. People need to give it a rest now with respect to PlayBook, which many still use BTW. I have seen enough during my travels.

http://www.businessinsider.com/10-ol...d-2013-11?op=1
    10-11-15 08:56 AM
    Mind you choke there! PlayBook? Every Tech Company has failed devices, have a look at the failed beloved apple products list. People need to give it a rest now with respect to PlayBook, which many still use BTW. I have seen enough during my travels.

10 Old Apple Products That Totally Failed - Business Insider
    So... Apple's last "failed" product was just a limited edition skinned vanity ipod in which the costs were already sunk... 11 years ago? That doesn't even count. Pretty sure Apple didn't write off a billon dollars worth of them either.
    10-12-15 09:39 AM

Nougat?

Now-n-Later?

Considering the Crack in CrackBerry refers to cocaine, I nominate that all hardened Android build code names should be drugs.

Hardened Kit-Kat = Ketamine
    Hardened Lolipop = LSD
    Hardened Marshmallow = Meth
    10-12-15 09:47 AM

Nougat?

Now-n-Later?

Android - Nacho

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:35 AM
    So... Apple's last "failed" product was just a limited edition skinned vanity ipod in which the costs were already sunk... 11 years ago? That doesn't even count. Pretty sure Apple didn't write off a billon dollars worth of them either.
    Want to bet? Not a billion more like billions

Posted via CB10
    10-12-15 10:57 AM
    Given the expectation that Priv will be available in Nov, and Marshmallow final source made it out last week, it would be a miracle if Priv came with Marshmallow. I expect Priv will use App Opps with its own UI just like CyanogenOS and Blackphone does for permissions management. Thats the primary reason permissions management didn't make it into Lollipop even though it was previewed in Google I/O last year, the UI wasn't ready and Google had to work things out with devs.
    10-12-15 11:50 AM