Any chance of the Priv dropping on Black Friday and Christmas?

I'm heavily considering buying it right now but I wonder if there is a chance that it will drop.

Posted via Z30
    11-19-15 03:13 PM
    Doubt it. They still haven't launched on all carriers so it makes no sense to sell limited stock at a promo discount.
    Quorist and JeepBB like this.
    11-19-15 03:14 PM

I'm heavily considering buying it right now but I wonder if there is a chance that it will drop.

Posted via Z30
    In will be the week before Christmas or the 1st week of Jan

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    11-19-15 03:17 PM
    In will be the week before Christmas or the 1st week of Jan

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    I highly doubt there will be a price drop until after all the US carriers have them. I don't believe that is going to happen until January, at least for Verizon, according to what I read here on CrackBerry.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    11-19-15 03:27 PM

Posted via Z30
    Doubt it...there seems to be a demand for the Priv. If that is the case then why would BB lower price? I went to a local At&t store yesterday in Wisconsin and they had them in stock ready to sale. I am more concern about them fixing heating issue and battery life more than the price.
    11-19-15 05:11 PM
    I am more concern about them fixing heating issue and battery life more than the price.

Would that lead to Blackberry having to do a recall?

or can this be fixed via updates?
    11-19-15 05:49 PM
    I would guess that they won't since they even pushed back shipping dates on ShopBlackBerry purchased devices.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    11-19-15 05:50 PM
    No. Doubtful before they even start ad campaign

Posted from my Priv!
    11-19-15 05:55 PM
    Would that lead to Blackberry having to do a recall?

or can this be fixed via updates?
    I would hope an update can fix issues...
    11-19-15 07:03 PM
    Maybe for Black Friday like they did with the Passport, but not if they can't fix their issues with stock.

Especially not if they start advertising the Priv.
    11-19-15 08:42 PM
    I highly doubt there will be a price drop until after all the US carriers have them. I don't believe that is going to happen until January, at least for Verizon, according to what I read here on CrackBerry.

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    Im going off of previous releases and what they normally do. There have been ALOT of returns, so after they refurbish those returns, there WILL be a price drop to get rid of those, wether its sold from BB or Amazon..

Typed on my sexy Samsung Tab Pro..my Blackberry Classic gets jealous!
    11-20-15 02:59 PM
    Doubt it...there seems to be a demand for the Priv. If that is the case then why would BB lower price? I went to a local At&t store yesterday in Wisconsin and they had them in stock ready to sale. I am more concern about them fixing heating issue and battery life more than the price.
    They will drop the price at least a little..def for the refurbs that they will rerelease. BB is struggling to get new customers..there will be a sale. They do it with every release.

Typed on my sexy Samsung Tab Pro..my Blackberry Classic gets jealous!
    11-20-15 03:01 PM
    No, I'm pretty sure they can't just refurb and re-sell it as new.
    11-20-15 03:17 PM
    Yes. But I am not the spokesman of BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 03:18 PM
    So based off what I've heard off this thread.

I currently have 2 choices

Get the Priv financed through My carrier @ 300$ Outright and get 25$ added to my monthly plan (40$) and slowly pay the phone off in two years. I'd be paying 60 dollars for my monthly bill.

Vs

Pay 500 outright and add 15 dollars to my plan totalling 55 each month.

I probably won't buy the priv through BlackBerry or Amazon but through My carrier.

Which of the two choices sound better?

Posted via Z30
    11-20-15 03:23 PM
    So based off what I've heard off this thread.

I currently have 2 choices

Get the Priv financed through My carrier @ 300$ Outright and get 25$ added to my monthly plan (40$) and slowly pay the phone off in two years. I'd be paying 60 dollars for my monthly bill.

Vs

Pay 500 outright and add 15 dollars to my plan totalling 55 each month.

I probably won't buy the priv through BlackBerry or Amazon but through My carrier.

Which of the two choices sound better?

Posted via Z30
    Payment plans are for suckers..dont be a sucker! Say you get it on a payment plan, you get tired of it and would like to sell it to a friend, you would have to pay off that balance in full anyway to take the block off of it.

11-20-15 03:31 PM
    They could...but you would have to be an ***** to pay full price for a refurbished phone! They have to tell you if it's refurbished..

11-20-15 03:33 PM
    What about the Passport? Could we see a $49.99 on contract in Canada?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 03:47 PM
    What about the Passport? Could we see a $49.99 on contract in Canada?

Posted via CB10
    The thing is, that the only ppl that would even consider getting a Passport are those few of us that REALLY want it and will pay lol.

So, they know that they don't need to discount it.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    11-20-15 03:58 PM
    Payment plans are for suckers..dont be a sucker! Say you get it on a payment plan, you get tired of it and would like to sell it to a friend, you would have to pay off that balance in full anyway to take the block off of it.

I don't see myself selling this to a friend tbh fam.

Posted via Z30
    11-20-15 04:03 PM
    I think it is highly unlikely. Shopblackberry has yet to fulfill pre-orders and Amazon can barely hold stock, not to mention those that will return and re-order if the price drop is significant.

If Amazon reduces the price within my 30 day window then they'll either have to match it or get one back and send a new one.

It is illegal to sell refurbished devices as new. BlackBerry has also stated that they will not start advertising until there is enough inventory and it won't be frontloaded.

Also, this quarter ends on November 28th for reporting and I believe most of the lack of inventory has more to do with earnings and BlackBerry not wanting to spend until this quarter ends.

Unlike Apple, BlackBerry does not count revenue on their devices until sold to end customers and I believe after the return period.

This means that the Priv will have minimal contribution to the current quarter which is why I think forward guidance will be of more relevance than actual earnings if the Priv does do well.

As of now, demand still exceeds supply with minimal marketing. Obviously this is for the unlocked devices. Carriers can run their own promotions and that is likely going to be it for Black Friday, etc.

T-Mobile will get the device around December with Verizon following early next year as it stands in the US.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 05:28 PM
    Most often refurbs are used as warranty replacements as the warranty language does not state you have to provide a new boxed replacement. In the first months of a product alot of refurbs do not exist so you do get a new one but later on refurbs will be used. So I guess that means if your new devices is going to fail during a warranty period then hope that it happens right away.
    11-20-15 05:36 PM
    Keep hoping for $100 price break

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    11-20-15 05:45 PM
    Most often refurbs are used as warranty replacements as the warranty language does not state you have to provide a new boxed replacement. In the first months of a product alot of refurbs do not exist so you do get a new one but later on refurbs will be used. So I guess that means if your new devices is going to fail during a warranty period then hope that it happens right away.
    True, though at that point if I'm passed my return period and I have to replace the phone, I honestly would just expect the replacement to be refurbished. Better a working refurbished model than a broken "new" one.

Keep hoping for $100 price break
    Honestly, me too. But the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if all this time I'm spending reading about this phone and waiting for it to drop just a measly $100 is worth it. If I were billing a client for the time I'm spending stressing over whether to buy this phone or not, I'd be severely in debt and would rather just eat the $100 and be done with it.

At this point, the only thing keeping me from ordering is the notion that waiting means they can sort out any manufacturing defects they are finding and push some updates to the software. A price drop won't mean much unless it's $200, and I don't see that happening for months.
    11-20-15 10:59 PM
    I don't think there will be any drop in price as BlackBerry so far unable to keep up with orders. Maybe expect free case and car charger but nothing more! They are not dying to sell the Priv as other BlackBerry OS10 devices in the past.

The Priv was priced the same price as iPhone 6S for a reason because it's a high end device. However I think there will be a good deals on BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-21-15 06:48 AM
27 12