Hello everyone,

There is a phoneshop selling a second hand BlackBerry Priv for a good price, the only problem is it doesn't connect to the wifi. The phone is in good condition and has no damage, so it hasn't been dropped or so.
    I have tested it myself and the phone reboots as soon as it is connected with the wifi network. The shopkeeper doesn't have any parts for the Priv, so he can't fix it, but he doesn't have any experience with the BlackBerry neither, this is his first BlackBerry Android phone. He suggests that the Wifi antenna part might be broken.

What do you guys think? Could it be solved by in a software way, without having to replace parts (which aren't available at all in my country, the Netherlands)?

I hope anyone is having a solution as I am really willing to buy this phone.

Thank you all in advance.
    Last edited by IdBeats; 09-24-16 at 04:36 PM.
    09-24-16 03:06 PM
    If it may be a software fix, see if the shopkeeper will let you install the latest OS on it at the shop and then retest the wi-fi. If it all of a sudden works, be prepared for the shopkeeper to perhaps hike the price? What's the return policy? Maybe you can buy it and install the latest OS and if it still doesn't work, return it?

I don't think you want a broken PRIV, no matter how cheap, unless you definitely don't need wi-fi.
    FF22 and IdBeats like this.
    09-24-16 04:47 PM
    Thank you for your reply and advice.

I asked the shopkeeper and he is allowing me to test it. I try to take the phone home for a day and reinstall the latest OS. Are there still autoloaders for installing the Android OS just like the BB10 ones?
    09-25-16 05:11 AM
    Thank you for your reply and advice.

I asked the shopkeeper and he is allowing me to test it. I try to take the phone home for a day and reinstall the latest OS. Are there still autoloaders for installing the Android OS just like the BB10 ones?
    There is a Sticky thread at the top of the Priv page where you can find a thread on Autoloaders. You need to find the one that matches that carrier Priv.
    IdBeats likes this.
    09-25-16 10:14 AM