At this moment the Priv is connected to its own charger. Charging symbol animation is ongoing. I'm using the phone, as is webbrowsing. Zero charge progress noticed for say 30 minutes.

Anything wrong here here, or just normal?
    07-06-16 05:49 PM
    Could be your screen brightness or what you're doing on your phone.

You can always try a reboot then charging again. A bright screen with high data consumption could be negating the charge increase and just keeping it steady.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    07-06-16 05:52 PM
    Mine does that when I use a car USB port. Sucks because the battery drains so quickly with GPS that it dies before I get to where I need to be - even while "charging"
    07-06-16 05:59 PM
    Try rebooting. I find that resolves charging issues when they occur.
    07-06-16 06:23 PM
    After all reboots the phone charges again. Still some weird thing imho happen.

Streaming a video while below 5% power is risky. Even when plugged in the phone might die due to loss of power.

Or this one. Running the satnav on the priv with the power connected. Still it drains more power than the car can provide. Without power in you won't reach your destination before the phone is drained.

Any fix for the November update?

wanted to add screenshots, seems need to do some rtfm first to see how picture can be added as just hitting the picture icon doesnt do the trick.
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 10-26-16 at 03:40 PM.
    10-24-16 02:16 AM
    After all reboots the phone charges again. Still some weird thing imho happen.

Streaming a video while below 5% power is risky. Even when plugged in the phone might die due to loss of power.

Or this one. Running the satnav on the priv with the power connected. Still it drains more power than the car can provide. Without power in you won't reach your destination before the phone is drained.

Any fix for the November update?

wanted to add screenshots, seems need to do some rtfm first to see how picture can be added as just hitting the picture icon doesnt do the trick.
    Have you tried using a more powerful charger if you are using the one included in the purchase? BB makes them as do any number of 3rd parties.

Similarly, there are more powerful car chargers that might help if using the gps while driving.
    10-24-16 08:50 AM
    If your Priv is running hot, it will stop charging the battery to help keep it cooler. I do find that a qualcom 2.0 charger is a must for running Waze in my car, and the device is mounted on a vent clip holder to keep it cool on hot days.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-16 08:58 AM
    Mine does that when I use a car USB port. Sucks because the battery drains so quickly with GPS that it dies before I get to where I need to be - even while "charging"
    Be sure to use the original USB cord. If I use a generic use cord, I sometimes get a message to use original coed for faster charging. I've often ignored this message but then noticed that after an hour of charging, it's up maybe a percent or two and if I'm using the phone for GPS and the like, it may actually drop while charging. I'm now using a BlackBerry USB cord. I can GPS and charge at the same time; from near zero to around 40%, with GPS on after about an hour.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-16 09:21 AM
    it seems that this is an issue with charger that can not supply enough current to PRIV
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-16 10:30 AM