I'm using a Verizon Priv. When I receive a photo via an MMS message, the quality is terrible. Anyone else have this problem? I didn't notice this problem with the default Verizon Messages/Message+ app.
    05-06-16 02:15 PM
    Maybe something with the network? The pics i recieve render just fine on my att priv
    05-06-16 02:21 PM
    Maybe something with the network? The pics i recieve render just fine on my att priv
    You mean Verizon itself is compressing the image? If so, I'm going to have to switch back to the Message+ app. They probably do it on purpose to force people to use their own app.
    05-06-16 02:29 PM
    I have to be honest, I have no idea what kind of "TEXT" I got from a friend the other day but it had a picture attached to it. It was quite clear and from looking at its properties, it is 1.0MB. Oh, looking at that screen, it is a "Multimedia message" so it that a MMS? Probably.

But, yes, I use the default Messenger app on the Verizon Priv. Message+
    05-06-16 03:13 PM
    Sending-side or network operator issue.
    Keep in mind, many carriers tend to impose size limits on such messages, likely due to SMS being a more expensive channel to be using compared to wifi or the LTE data, etc. (not sure if this is still the case, but traditionally it was).
    05-06-16 04:00 PM
    Sending-side or network operator issue.
    Keep in mind, many carriers tend to impose size limits on such messages, likely due to SMS being a more expensive channel to be using compared to wifi or the LTE data, etc. (not sure if this is still the case, but traditionally it was).
    I thought years ago I read the TEXT did not cost them anything as it hung on the rest of the signal or some such???? I don't know about mms - the one mentioned above, was the first one I ever received.
    05-06-16 06:28 PM
    I posted about this in the Verizon thread - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12345682
    How is MMS picture quality for people? I've notice that the pictures I get sent are "low" quality (very pixelated). Lower than I remember on my Z30. I was on Google Messenger and now YAATA and pictures look awful. If I send a picture taken on my Priv to my self it comes back as a 16KB 253x450pixel highly compress image. I've tried changing setting in YAATA for picture quality and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Also I can't get GIF images, I only get a low quality jpg instead of animated gif file that others get in a MMS chat.
    05-06-16 07:37 PM
    I'm using a Verizon Priv. When I receive a photo via an MMS message, the quality is terrible. Anyone else have this problem? I didn't notice this problem with the default Verizon Messages/Message+ app.
    Well, I guess the next question is, why aren't you using the Verizon Messages app then?
    05-06-16 07:53 PM
    Well, I guess the next question is, why aren't you using the Verizon Messages app then?
    Good question. I found it to be slow and integration with the Hub not as seamless. However, I just went back to it and it looks like it has been improved in various areas so I'm going to stick with it.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    05-06-16 11:57 PM
    Good question. I found it to be slow and integration with the Hub not as seamless. However, I just went back to it and it looks like it has been improved in various areas so I'm going to stick with it.
    I'm on t-mobile and I find that Verizon Messenger has BETTER Hub integration than Google Messenger.

However, Yaata is the best.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-07-16 05:53 AM
    Same here... pictures come through just fine... 👍

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    05-07-16 07:16 AM