Check in BVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert app) to see what is draining the battery.
    04-21-17 02:42 PM
    Check in BVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert app) to see what is draining the battery.
    It never really shows much. I had to charge my phone at 20% this afternoon around 2pm. I don't like how the battery doesn't show the whole day anymore,just from the last time is was charging, there may be a way to change this, but I haven't figured it out. nut this is a screen shot from right now. I worked 9-5, it'a an hour's drive either way, so for 10 hours, myphone was on sitting either in my pocket or on the counter at work, I looked at fb and quickly checked my email on my half hour lunch. It hasn't crashed today (so far!) though. I am about to do some housework and cooking, so it will be my music player, last time I used it as my DJ, it crashed and I had trouble turning it on, I'll test it and see...

Why is my priv crashing several times a day?-screenshot_20170421-185042-1-.jpgWhy is my priv crashing several times a day?-screenshot_20170421-184943-1-.jpg
    04-21-17 05:03 PM
    Just got the update, let us hope it will fix the issue.
    How's yours making out after the update?
    04-21-17 05:05 PM
    made it until now and it crashed :'( discouraged!
    04-21-17 06:49 PM
    I got it last night, so far no crash, but battery is draining fast while sitting on the counter
    You might try a reboot.
    tashia21 likes this.
    04-21-17 08:13 PM
    Well, my still crushing.
    04-22-17 03:18 AM
    Well, my still crushing.
    Mine too. I made it to 50% battery this afternoon and then it crashed and wouldn't turn on. I switched back to the Z30 for now. The battery life on the Z30 is already lasting more than the PRIV, i am at 90% after doing a full OS update as well as updating all the apps, syncing accounts, and deleting a bunch of stuff after not being used for 8 months. Ì'll keep trying to get it running, but I can't rely on it in an emergency or just as a daily device.
    04-22-17 05:09 PM
    Have either of you reloaded the OS? If the device is not reliable, then you have less to lose by starting again and reloading the OS.
    Wezard and zephyr613 like this.
    04-22-17 05:43 PM
    Have either of you reloaded the OS? If the device is not reliable, then you have less to lose by starting again and reloading the OS.
    I have 3 times now. The last time worked a little better, but the PRIV is still crashing at least once a day. It's incredibly frustrating to be in the middle of somehow and the device turn off. This time it didn't want to turn back on. I switched back to my Z30 for now and have the PRIV charging with the power off until I figure out what I am going to do.
    04-22-17 10:04 PM
    Hi there. I wonder if you need a new battery? I know it seems odd that this only started since the last update but what kind of battery life were you getting before the update? I had a similar problem a month ago. The phone would crash when the battery got too low (typically at 50% or less) especially if I was using the camera or flash. I had a Samsung tablet that did a similar thing (fixed with new battery) so that made me suspicious of the battery in my PRIV. Lithium Ion batteries have steady voltage as they discharge but when they deteriorate, they lose their voltage rapidly. My theory is the voltage gets too low especially if a bunch of demands are placed on the CPU, then the phone crashes. Anyway might be worth a try. New battery at Newegg.com is 19$ pretty simple to change. My 18 month old phone is running better than ever now with the latest O/S and a new battery.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-22-17 10:59 PM
    This was mentioned earlier, and I think it will be my next step of action. I didn't want to take the phone apart if I didn't have to, but with no warranty and already $400 in, another $20 isn't much.
    Wezard likes this.
    04-23-17 06:34 AM
    New battery and tools ordered. Not sure if I am brave enough to replace it myself. But we'll see.
    I am really thinking it is battery related now that I am not using it, it wouldn't charge to 100% after being on the charger with the power off for 2 days, and then when I did turn it on, it was at 88%. I charged it again, and used it as my music player while working last night and it crashed at 55%, no SIM or SD card in it, so that eliminates those issues.
    04-25-17 09:49 AM
    Probably you have seen this already but just in case here is the instructions on battery replacement. It's pretty easy really.

Remove SIM and SD cards and tray. Try and pull the back cover edges away from the phone slightly (to clear the volume and power buttons) before pulling back from phone backing plate. Remove the two screws holding the battery connector. Remove connector. Use hot air gun for a couple of minutes to warm up battery and soften adhesive backing. and gently pull up on old battery to remove. Replace battery and reattach connector. Snap back cover on (make sure to provide enough clearance for volume and power buttons by gently spreading the edges of the back cover as you slip it back onto the phone). You can hear the cover click back into place as you squeeze the cover and phone chassis together. Took a total of 10 minutes for me. Good luck!
    FF22, tashia21 and Mirko935 like this.
    04-25-17 01:00 PM
    Thanks!!!
    04-25-17 02:51 PM
    Let us know how it works out. Good luck and a steady hand!
    04-26-17 06:53 AM
    FINALLY had time to sit down and replace the battery. Just got it installed, I am surprised how easy it was, though I did crack my backing plate at the volume button, but that's minor details... Anyway, I am charging the phone now, and will see how it goes. I will say that using my Z30 has made me appreciate how fast the Priv was. Just small things like browsing, facebook and even phonecalls, there is a delay with the Z30, where there wasn't with the Priv. I'll let you know how the battery swap works. How are you making out Faxin?
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-17 10:51 AM
    You are braver than I am, Tashia21. Hope it does the job for you.
    tashia21 likes this.
    05-26-17 03:18 PM
    I've never had a crash, in 16 months of ownership. I'm assuming you have bad hardware, or a carrier issue. This is not common behavior.
    05-26-17 11:43 PM
    Blackberry said it was a hardware issue, they could fix it for $350US. I am just over 24 hours in after replacing the battery for $30CAD, and so far all is good. At the end, the phone wouldn't even turn on, even with a 100% charge, it would just go to where you put your security pattern in, then reboot over and over again. At this point in the day, my Priv would show a 60-70% battery level without having really used it, and right now I am at 97%. Hoping that this was the issue.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-27-17 10:23 AM
    Blackberry said it was a hardware issue, they could fix it for $350US. I am just over 24 hours in after replacing the battery for $30CAD, and so far all is good. At the end, the phone wouldn't even turn on, even with a 100% charge, it would just go to where you put your security pattern in, then reboot over and over again. At this point in the day, my Priv would show a 60-70% battery level without having really used it, and right now I am at 97%. Hoping that this was the issue.
    Sounds like you're on the right track. My PRIV has been great since I changed the battery. Just came back from a business trip in Europe and the PRIV was getting through long days while my colleagues were having to plug in their Droids. It will never have the battery life of a KEYone but it's much improved.
    tashia21 and FF22 like this.
    05-27-17 05:47 PM
    Yay!! 2 days, no crashes, and I am at 30% batter after using it non stop all day! Before the battery swap, it would have crashed long before now, and would have had to be charged twice. I think the problem may be solved thanks everyone!!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-28-17 08:49 PM
    I have a Priv since Jul 2016, no problems with spontaneous rebooting, random freeze/reboot until mid-May 2019. It just suddenly started happening one afternoon without any explicable reason. Phone could be idle, then reboots. I could be scrolling or typing, then it freezes, reboots. Seems to happen more frequently when i go outside and travel to another location, so i thought it was cellular connection or GPS related.

I tried numerous things:
    Factory reset
    New battery
    Re-flash the OS
    Wiped Chrome history and cookies
    Wipe history in Google account and changed password
    Scan device with Malwarebytes for virus (no malware/virus found)
    Change SIM chip
    Remove SD card

All the above actions each one stopped the reboots and crashes for about 1 day then it comes back.
    However one thing i notice is that if the phone is in "Wakelock", when you see in the battery graph, the "Awake bar" is solid, the freeze and reboots do not occur. If i am streaming video and phone is awake for this period, no freezes and reboots. The phone does not go into "Deep sleep" in this condition.

When the phone is re-started intentionally for whatever reason, the wakelock condition can be interrupted and the normal "deep sleep" and app hibernation functions are re-enabled. I see in the "Awake bar" it is hashed marked indicated periods of awake/sleep/deep sleep for the CPU and OS.
    This is when the freezes and reboots issues come back.

So my theory is:
    a. App issue, one of the apps is not playing well with deep sleep/hibernation and causing crashes when re-awakened.
    b. Bug in Android Marshmallow with the battery optimization/deep sleep of apps.
    c. Hardware issue, one of the components/chip/daughtercards going bad, not handling deep sleep function and waking up properly .

I cannot easily rectify B and C so going with A, i have been manually disabling Battery Optimization feature app by app to see which one could be causing this. So far seems to be working for the day, no freezes or reboots have happened. And the battery life seems better with a bunch of apps "Not optimized for battery use" rather than "Optimizing battery use". I will see how it goes and report back.
    06-18-19 11:30 AM
    Any luck? I'm going through the same issues.
    07-26-19 12:17 AM
    @AWDragon200, any luck on fixing the issue?
    Last edited by sampayne22; 07-28-19 at 05:03 AM.
    07-26-19 02:50 AM
    Unfortunately I could not rectify the issue through disabling battery optimization of the apps. The only time I get no reboots is when the Awake bar is solid which happens once in a while. It seems to a power supply issue in the hardware when BlackBerry Hub wakes up from doze the extra current is causing a brown out which makes the phone freeze and reboot. I think it is a hardware issue that is caused by the overheating issue prevalent in the Snapdragon 808 and a chip got damaged because of it. I found that when this problem occurred my GPS has become spotty and unreliable.
    07-30-19 10:34 PM
100 ... 234