I have a BB Priv and I loved it until it recently updated say March or so... Now my battery drains super quickly. I mean almost 2% every minute. Plus the screen will display 74% then it goes blank and restarts then the battery level shows at 11%. I read places on Google to make sure i sign out of Facebook because it is a huge battery drainer. I do that. Doesn't change much. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there another Battery I can buy and if so, where does it go? Thanks!
    06-21-17 03:33 PM
    I have a BB Priv and I loved it until it recently updated say March or so... Now my battery drains super quickly. I mean almost 2% every minute. Plus the screen will display 74% then it goes blank and restarts then the battery level shows at 11%. I read places on Google to make sure i sign out of Facebook because it is a huge battery drainer. I do that. Doesn't change much. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there another Battery I can buy and if so, where does it go? Thanks!
    Have you tried the following?

1. Clear cache
    2. Hold power button for 32 seconds for simulated battery pull

Lastly, can you provide a screen shot of your battery page so we can try and see what's going on?
    rebecca58 and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-21-17 07:43 PM
    Hello in addition to clearing cache ( which helps) I follow to do it when reaches 1gb. Also try the following :
    *disable adaptive brightness
    *use GPS when needed. If you can do not have ON all the time
    *in developer options change animation from 1x to O.5x
    *disable Facebook and Messenger. both apps on all Android devices give lots of issues. As Alternative install Friendly Facebook client app which works perfectly. Has an amoled / dark mode which on PRIV screen looks Beutiful !
    *also try to keep charge cycle between 10% and 90%
    *advanced interactions when not using turn over to go into battery saving mode

good luck
    06-22-17 11:44 AM
    I'm having the same issue. it is more then just apps. I also get a notification saying my flashlight is on and has been disabled, my battery only last maybe 3 hours max. and it will randomly restart usually under 60% battery
    rebecca58 and ar87124 like this.
    06-22-17 08:27 PM
    Settings - Backup & reset - Factory data reset !

Afterwards, setup as new device!
    06-23-17 01:59 AM
    I am facing the same situation. My battery is draining too quickly which I didn't expect. Do I need to replace it?
    06-23-17 02:36 AM

This will work? I am not sure.
    06-23-17 02:36 AM
    This will work? I am not sure.
    If not, your phone or battery is defect.
    06-23-17 02:47 AM

Thats a big undertaking, and PIA, though it will fix a lot of stuff that can't or is almost impossible to fix via easier means.
    Iv'e decided that if I need to go to that extreme, I might as well run an autoloader, and completely reload my OS. Just my thoughts and opinion.

I also get a notification saying my flashlight is on and has been disabled,
    I'd bet big money, that's an app acting up. Which one? Who knows? Lots and lots of bad and/or poorly coded apps in the playstore. The Amazon app asks for permission to use flashlight, no telling how many have access to it and don't bother to tell you.
    06-23-17 05:34 AM
    Hello in addition to clearing cache ( which helps) I follow to do it when reaches 1gb. Also try the following :
    *disable Facebook and Messenger. both apps on all Android devices give lots of issues. As Alternative install Friendly Facebook client app which works perfectly. Has an amoled / dark mode which on PRIV screen looks Beutiful !

good luck
    Thank you Rico for this great info!

Posted via CB10
    ar87124 likes this.
    06-23-17 09:48 AM
    Your welcome! Let's see how it goes! good luck
    06-23-17 09:52 AM
    it's better to disable the BB basket apps if they were not enssitial to you.

and I also use greenify to hibernate all apps, the only problem is what can't get push notifications fm like as Facebook.

and also you can try Settings--Apps(the setting button on the up-right corner)--draw over other apps, to close all as you can, then close all in <modify system settings> also.

I tried those now the battery life looks like as other Android device.
    06-23-17 10:30 PM
    Did you install any apps just before the time you noticed the battery drain?
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-23-17 11:36 PM
    Thats a big undertaking, and PIA, though it will fix a lot of stuff that can't or is almost impossible to fix via easier means.
    Iv'e decided that if I need to go to that extreme, I might as well run an autoloader, and completely reload my OS. Just my thoughts and opinion.

I'd bet big money, that's an app acting up. Which one? Who knows? Lots and lots of bad and/or poorly coded apps in the playstore. The Amazon app asks for permission to use flashlight, no telling how many have access to it and don't bother to tell you.
    Autoloader is even better. I've used it one time.
    For me factory reset is faster and easier than spending time with searching for what app or process is causing the battery drain.
    After the may security update my phone started get warm and eating battery.
    Did a reset , and the problem is gone. This night it was lying idle for 10 hours. Battery going down 3%. And it will easily last the day. That's acceptable for me.
    And i have facebook and messenger installed.
    And i don't turn off things like bluetooth, gps and so on. Those are the things that makes a smartphone smart.
    :-)
    FF22 and ar87124 like this.
    06-24-17 04:20 AM
    Nothing will help as much as a fresh reinstall. This will make your battery life go back to normal unless you have a faulty battery. Follow the advices already given to not progress towards the same drain state.

Posted via CB10
    ar87124 likes this.
    06-24-17 11:33 PM

good luck

Wow,

Changed settings in (developer options change animation from 1x to O.5x) and the difference is incredible, even my Samsung 10''' tablet now has a new lease of life

Thank you!
    ar87124, FF22 and rebecca58 like this.
    06-24-17 11:36 PM
    06-25-17 03:04 AM
    The March updates killed mine too, slow and bad battery life without changing anything in the way I use it or installing anything new. I kept hoping they would release a fix but finally did the reset today because the clearing cache, reboot, etc didn't make any improvement. It got to where it would discharge faster than it could charge, so that even plugged into USB the battery shows charging but the % goes slowly down throughout the day. I had to leave it on my desk plugged in like an iphone user.
    rebecca58 likes this.
    06-26-17 12:01 PM
    Seems a reset hasn't helped much and has it back to where it has problems charging. Put it on the charger last night around 50% battery and saw that it was charging and work up this morning to around 40% battery.
    06-27-17 06:49 AM
    I had a similar issue when I first got my D60 and it became apparent something weird was happening with every security patch update. Do you have a SD card in your phone containing gigs of data (e.g. music, pics, etc). My 64GB card had nearly 20 gigs of info from my old BlackBerry 10 device. I feel my problem stemmed from - pure speculation - having used the native BlackBerry file manager and creating folders, sorting pictures, editing documents and names of files/items on the SD card...then moving it to my D60. Every month, after the security updates my phone appeared to be trying to "sync" the card again. I took the card out and the problem went away. I'm in the market now to buy a newer SD card for my phone, move all these same items from my computer - non BlackBerry 10 sorted - see if the problem arises again.
    rebecca58 likes this.
    06-27-17 08:15 AM
    you do realize BB10 and android are different OS's, Android doesn't 'sync' the card. If Android had an issue with lots of data then my wife's 50G would be killing her droid X.
    06-29-17 06:19 AM
    Can you tell me how to disable Facebook and Messenger?
    I checked under App options, there are only options to "Uninstall" or "Force stop"
    Thank you!

good luck
    06-29-17 07:36 AM
    Can you tell me how to disable Facebook and Messenger?
    I checked under App options, there are only options to "Uninstall" or "Force stop"
    Thank you!
    Hello I did Uninstall for both. Then installed Friendly which has both Facebook and Messenger in the same app. Also has a great dark option and hardly uses bat life. You get notifications but not in HUB. There is also available Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite which have recently gotten HUB integration. I personally stay away from Facebook original apps. Your choice.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Wezard, vptsff and rebecca58 like this.
    06-29-17 07:48 AM
    Ah, thank you so much.
    I did uninstall both and installed Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite which are automatically integrated into Hub.
    BTW, I hope I can play Pokemon Go smoothly this time.

Hello I did Uninstall for both. Then installed Friendly which has both Facebook and Messenger in the same app. Also has a great dark option and hardly uses bat life. You get notifications but not in HUB. There is also available Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite which have recently gotten HUB integration. I personally stay away from Facebook original apps. Your choice.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 07:53 AM
    Ah, thank you so much.
    I did uninstall both and installed Facebook Lite and Messenger Lite which are automatically integrated into Hub.
    BTW, I hope I can play Pokemon Go smoothly this time.
    OK. Glad can help.
    Remebered this tip that I saw in some thread..Tip for Pokémon GO download your area and save re offline map with Google Maps.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    vptsff likes this.
    06-29-17 08:07 AM
63 123