Slider teaser looked good!

BBM Channel C0001F285
    04-23-15 07:30 PM
    I personally didn't have a Torch but both of my parents have one to this day, one is for personal use and the other used for work. My girlfriend's father also had one for work but has now been upgraded to a Classic.

Posted via CB Z30
    BB-JAM215 likes this.
    04-23-15 08:36 PM
    I've been checking this subforum every day for over a month now. Needless to say, I'm excited for the slider. Also only major issue with the torch slider hw wise was the keyboard was cramped. This phone is bigger so it guaranteed to have a way better keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:14 PM
    My torch was by far the best phone ive ever owned, I would kill to have a bb10 slider. Can't wait! Hope it comes sooner than later. On screen key board for the quick and dirty texts, and a good ol' tried and true BlackBerry keyboard for knocking out the big emails and document editing. Not to mention being able to actually make use of a beautiful 5-5.5 inch screen while the keyboard is out, sign me up!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 09:20 PM
    Different people, different needs.
    I love the Q10 but I'd love to have at least a 4" screen.
    The best compromise for me (I love my Passport but prefer using my Q10 on a daily basis, just easier to handle) would be a slider on a Q10 form factor (and as a Q-line iteration it needs to show off some technical novelty so one fix row + concertina keyboard for me )

Posted via CB10
    Agreed with this. I'm excited about this slider because I've never had a big phone and I'd like one. But my Q is very comfortable in my hand. A Q-sized slider would have been possibly perfect for a lot of people.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 10:53 PM
    I don't get the excitement about a slider.

I had a Torch. It's annoying to have to slide out the keyboard to type. And, I type a lot, so I had it extended a lot... which was kinda cumbersome. Really did not like the Torch.

So, please explain. What am I missing? Because I am about to replace my Z10, and I'd like to know what the fuss is about re: a slider... and if I should wait.

Thanks!

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    That's like saying why the excitement for the Z10 when it came out? Remember the Storm?

The Torch has nothing to do with the new slider, totally different devices outside of being sliders. Different form factors, different size, different practically everything by the looks of the prototype shown.
    04-23-15 11:01 PM
    I loved my Torch.
    I had my keyboard extended most of the time because the virtual keyboard was unusable. Yet I still liked the big screen (in comparison to all the other square screens at the time).

This time around, I'll probably still do my serious typing with the physical keyboard even though I haven't had my hands on a physical keyboard since April 2013. But now that I'm somewhat used to typing on glass it will be the best of both worlds. I'd enjoy my Z30 so much more with a keyboard that slid out.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    04-23-15 11:18 PM

I had a Torch. It's annoying to have to slide out the keyboard to type. And, I type a lot, so I had it extended a lot... which was kinda cumbersome. Really did not like the Torch.

So, please explain. What am I missing? Because I am about to replace my Z10, and I'd like to know what the fuss is about re: a slider... and if I should wait.

Thanks!

You could have just used the virtual keyboard :/ or gotten a full touch smartphone.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-24-15 12:24 AM
    I'm pretty sure for most of us, the Torch Is the WHY the excitement is there. The Torch was my favorite BlackBerry to date, including the Passport. I love the Passport, but the Torch just had a whole different appeal and a definite 'cool' factor.

The fact that the new BlackBerries and BB10 are designed for touch screen interactions makes the 'slider' form all that much more appealing. The original Torch kind of had a 'two-devices-in-one' feel to it. If they incorporate the capacitive keyboard like the Passport has, this new one might just feel like 'three-in-one'!

I know that there are a lot of people that don't like the fact that you might not get an all touch flagship as soon as you want, but I don't think you'll need to wait that much longer. I think we'll see a 'repackaged' slider that is all-touch only. Hopefully that will make everyone happy. Though, from what I hear from everyone, there isn't much that would. "I can't believe the all-touch Z30 successor is just the slider without the physical keyboard! It's unbelievable that they couldn't do something more innovative for the new all touch model!"

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-24-15 12:42 AM
    I'm excited about the slider. One has the chance to choose from typing on a physical keyboard and an on-screen software keyboard. I always wanted a torch, now I may have one in a modern form.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 03:21 AM
    One of the best selling BlackBerry devices was the torch . I'm there on release day for the slider.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Agreed.......can't wait for this beast of a device!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-24-15 04:20 AM
    I loved my Torch and BlackBerry has advanced, so I can't wait to see what this slider will be like.

Dark Hub!? Squircle!? Where are you?
    04-24-15 04:47 AM
    I never had a torch but always wished I did! To me this slider is perfect for me, a 16x9 screen and a keyboard, the best of both worlds

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-24-15 05:26 AM
    All those buying it as a full touch replacement will be disappointed after buying, they'll be happy for a couple of weeks and then go back to a z30 or should I say an iPhone? Because Chen left them no choice? mark my words!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:48 AM
    I think I'm in the minority here when i say I'd have preferred an horizontal slider phone than a vertical one.
    Your sideways avatar must confirm that
    04-24-15 08:42 AM

Thanks!

You didn't have to slide out the keyboard to type!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 09:20 AM
    I loved my Torch. Especially the motion of sliding the keyboard out. This one simple motion seemed to me like you meant business. Plus the virtual keyboard was not very good. Now that I have my Z30 I would be less likely to slide out the keyboard for simple messages as BlackBerry now has a good virtual keyboard

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-24-15 10:31 AM
    I loved my Torch. Especially the motion of sliding the keyboard out. This one simple motion seemed to me like you meant business. Plus the virtual keyboard was not very good. Now that I have my Z30 I would be less likely to slide out the keyboard for simple messages as BlackBerry now has a good virtual keyboard

Posted via CB10
    I had the Torch that wasn't a slider. The VKB on that was horrible compared to my Z30 which I actually like typing on.
    04-24-15 10:59 AM
    *reaches for the desk drawer and pulls out the old 9810*

BB10 on this form factor, thinner, lighter, better battery?

Where do I line up?
    Toodeurep likes this.
    04-24-15 11:35 AM
    I loved my Torch 9810, the form factor anyway. If there were a Nexus device in Torch 9810 form factor, I would buy without hesitation.
    04-24-15 11:36 AM
    One of the best selling BlackBerry devices was the torch . I'm there on release day for the slider.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Same here. If the specs are up to snuff, I'm in.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    04-24-15 11:38 AM
    who's excited? Surely not I.
    When it hits the shelves, you'll change your tune. Nothing beats a slider!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    04-24-15 11:40 AM
    I still have my Torch 9800, still works fine. I like the slider, when I'm not typing I slide it closed and it takes up less space in my pocket. I took it out at a restaurant a while ago, slid it open an began typing. Buddy guy looks over and says: "Cool phone, who makes that ?" I said it's my 4 year old Blackberry
    04-24-15 12:14 PM
    If you owned a Torch 9810 and didn't love it, you're doing it wrong.

The only complaint I had about the Torch was that it was too small and therefore the screen and keyboard were both too small, which isn't going to be a problem with the new Slider: make the device as big as necessary to get the Classic keyboard onto the device, even if that means extra screen bezel... but it doesn't mean that, just make the screen larger!
    04-24-15 12:38 PM
    How do you feel if they're going to release the same phone without the slide out keyboard? Because I have a feeling they're going to do that for all the people complaining about there's no device to upgrade from Z10 or Z30.
    04-24-15 12:40 PM
126 1234 ...