Within the phone app you can click on the 3 dots in the top right corner---->Settings---->General settings---->Slider options for incoming calls (and there you have 3 options: a) Do nothing, b) Open to answer, c) Open to dismiss and reply)).

It doesn't make any sense to me why this device doesn't have a similar option in the general settings for slide-down options?!?!

Awkward.
    Last edited by WT44; 01-01-16 at 02:35 PM.
    01-01-16 01:06 PM
    Did you try the option b or c? If so, did it then disconnect the call when slider is closed?
    01-01-16 03:18 PM
    Did you try the option b or c? If so, did it then disconnect the call when slider is closed?
    Of course.
    I've set it to option b.
    It can pick up the phone sliding up but the issue is that NOTHING happens when you slide down.
    I think BB dropped the ball by not having the option to hang up the phone by sliding the mechanism down when you're down talking.

I can't imagine that I'm only one of few who is bothered by this omission.
    dan99x99 and Tam Dhn like this.
    01-01-16 03:24 PM
    Option D, close slider to hang up, is going to be included on the Priv 2.

Posted via Passport CB10
    Holted likes this.
    01-01-16 03:28 PM
    I use Tasker to do this - when exiting state "Keyboard Out", perform the tasks "End Call" and "System Lock" (Omit System Lock if you don't want the phone to turn off when closing the KB)
    Jonneh, StutterStep and nglfmark like this.
    01-01-16 05:43 PM
    I use Tasker to do this - when exiting state "Keyboard Out", perform the tasks "End Call" and "System Lock" (Omit System Lock if you don't want the phone to turn off when closing the KB)
    I really want to learn how to do this. Can u explain to me how?? I've already downloaded the app bit I cannot figure it out and there aren't any examples.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-02-16 12:45 PM
    Sure! What we want to do is detect when the keyboard is closed, and, upon detection, make it hang up a call.

• Open Tasker, and in the "Profiles" tab, click the "+" in the bottom-right to create a new profile. Give it a name if you like.
    • Select "State", then "Hardware", then "Keyboard Out". It'll show an option for "Invert", leave it unchecked.
    • Hit "Back", and then it'll show a menu to choose what task to run for the profile you just created.
    • Click "New Task +" and name it if you like. It will go to a new "Task Edit" screen.
    • Click the "+" in the bottom-middle, then "Phone", then "End Call". It'll show a new screen where you can add other conditions, but for now leave it blank.
    • Hit back. It should show you the Task Edit that we created, with the first task being "End Call".
    • Hit back again. You should see the profile you just created, with a green arrow pointing to the Task.
    • Long-click the task, and click "Move to Exit". It should now be a red arrow.

What we did was first created a profile that detects when the keyboard opens. By default when we create a new task in a profile, it runs when it enters that profile (green arrow). But since we want it to run when the keyboard closes, we moved it to run when it exits that profile (red arrow). If you want, you can add a enter task to do something when they keyboard opens, or add more actions in the exit task when you close the keyboard (e.g. turn off the screen).

Let me know if you need more help!
    01-02-16 02:12 PM
    Okay I'll try this. Thank u!!

01-02-16 02:30 PM
    It worked that's amazing!! Thank you!!!

01-02-16 02:46 PM
    I assume that they were worried that people would accidentally hang up the call unintentionally, say, if they were multitasking and using the keyboard during a call. Also, what's the purpose of using the slider to answer a call, anyway, other than to look cool or pretend like you're Neo in the Matix? The keyboard is usually not used during a phone call. It sounds as if some on the team thought it would be a cool option while others said that it would result in unintended termination so they compromised and just had it answer the call.
    01-02-16 02:49 PM
    The power of tasker!
    01-02-16 03:13 PM
    yeah i was confused why there was no options for closing the keyboard when there is for opening.

upon reading this thread and plenTpak post about tasker, i gave it a try and manage to set a simple profile to have my priv lock whenever i close the keyboard.
    01-02-16 04:56 PM
    I don't own a Priv but I don't see why you would want to open/close the keyboard to take/hang up calls. That really makes no sense to me. Jmo

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 05:26 PM
    I like it because it just feels satisfying. Kinda like ye olde flippe phones. You can either tap the the phone to end the call... OR SLAM IT SHUT WITH FINALITY!!! YEAH!!!!! Uh... sorry, got a little carried away there.
    01-02-16 08:07 PM
    Lol. I agree completely. Love the feel of opening and closing. Guess we areole school. Im gonna try this tasker option now.
    01-03-16 08:57 AM
    Seem to remember being able to set the close behavior in old bbos on early sliders...if I recall this correctly it lead to many an accidentally disconnected call. But it did feel like an early flip phone close with finality. Funny how the muscle memory works.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 09:07 AM
    I open my keyboard to use one of the many one touch speed dials I have set up. I then usually slide the keyboard closed before putting the phone to my ear, so close to hang up would be an annoyance for me as I would probably hang up on people accidentally. Perhaps that's why they didn't include it in the first place. Kirk out.

WiseCracker likes this.
    01-03-16 09:28 AM
    Classic Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    01-03-16 09:55 AM
    Wonder if the slider could be modified to clip cigars.
    01-03-16 10:00 AM
    I feel its not needed to be honest. I use my bluetooth headset majority of the time anyway.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2876) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    01-03-16 10:12 AM
    Wonder if the slider could be modified to clip cigars.
    Now we're talking!

Luc | Community Moderator

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my BlackBerry Priv
    01-03-16 02:46 PM
    I've been avoiding purchasing Tasker but I finally have a reason to.
    I wonder if the OP is satisfied with this solution..
    01-03-16 07:45 PM
    Damm I like option C! thank you

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    01-03-16 07:47 PM
    I've been avoiding purchasing Tasker but I finally have a reason to.
    I wonder if the OP is satisfied with this solution..
    It works perfectly for me. I even set it so it goes back to the home screen after I end the call.
    01-03-16 09:56 PM
    Ive managed to set it to close the call. How do I add the part about also locking the device? I go to add task etc but then there is no option to move to exit. Thanks. Ajay
    01-04-16 07:18 AM
69 123