I would not mind a slider device, but prefer BB10

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 01:43 AM
    I would not mind a slider device, but prefer BB10

Posted via CB10
    this has been asked and answered a dozen or more times in other threads ..................................
    CatDaddy and aspurrell like this.
    10-29-15 01:45 AM
    Because you're a peasant
    If you're not a master race of android or iOS, you're just a low level peasant and no one cares about you!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 03:09 AM
    because BB10 is dead

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-29-15 03:36 AM
    BB10 wont be dead until they can make android run truly like a BB does now with BES. At the moment, the priv doesn't do what it needs to for secure customers. While its an awesome phone, and switching to android is probably a great move, they still have some work to do to make it work properly for government/secure industries properly. I hope they do release a priv with BB10. It would provide a needed hardware refresh for BB10 phones but allow for time for them to get their android products ironed out and hopefully working more smoothly for secure customers
    10-29-15 06:14 AM
    This has been addressed many times, even by Chen. The cost associated with development of the drivers for the new chipset is cost prohibitive.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 06:20 AM
    As much as I'd like to see a bb10 version I think it's smart not to launch a bb10 version at least not right away. It would cause confusion with buyers. Too much choice isn't good
    10-29-15 06:21 AM
    You owe me a Nickel

Z10
    Z30Commission likes this.
    10-29-15 06:35 AM
    I would have bought a BB10 powered slider for �600 no problem - and without any confusion needed. But since that's not on the cards, I've ordered a Passport SE instead.

Posted via CB10 from Unlocked BlackBerry Passport
    10-29-15 06:39 AM
    Because this great bet from Blackberry is not about new hardware but to enter definitively into the big Android market, but with an enhanced OS, with some security features ( for old android users who perhaps are wishing a little better security aspect ). They are trying to imitate some big firms recipes to distinguishes itself from others medium range phones and returning back to big bucks from hardware sales. Personally I'm pretty satisfied with my classic running os10, and not thinking at all to move, for now. Perhaps, if coming years BB sees its success to get bigger in Android with better phones ( please without sliders ! ) I could think to change.

Good luck BB, I really mean it
    10-29-15 06:42 AM
    Most likely because BlackBerry would only sell a few 100 thousand BB10 Privs at best. Think about it; if a consumer had the option to buy the Android version of the Priv or the BB10 version, which one do you honestly think they are going to go for? Even if they do pick up the BB10 variant the second they realize there is no Instagram, SnapChat, Netflix, banking apps, and so on they are going to return it.

because BB10 is dead

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Eh, more like deadish. It's not dead until carriers remove the devices from their shelves.
    10-29-15 09:04 AM
    Companies sell obsolete, past models all the time. The day support stops, it's dead.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-29-15 09:29 AM
    Most likely because BlackBerry would only sell a few 100 thousand BB10 Privs at best. Think about it; if a consumer had the option to buy the Android version of the Priv or the BB10 version, which one do you honestly think they are going to go for? Even if they do pick up the BB10 variant the second they realize there is no Instagram, SnapChat, Netflix, banking apps, and so on they are going to return it.

Eh, more like deadish. It's not dead until carriers remove the devices from their shelves.
    If we had the option of priv android or bb10, hands down the bb10. That said, I'd go classic anyway but if I wanted a slider I'd get the bb10 one.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    10-29-15 01:46 PM
    I want them to keep working on BlackBerry 10 OS. It's clear now they really have something there.

Jaglenn's Passport
    11-04-15 11:15 AM
    Can't believe why everyone has to start a new thread about things that have been discussed in numerous threads before.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-04-15 11:20 AM
    It actually makes some sense to do a version of the PRIV with BB10os, sometime next year. The hardware effort is done and costs will be accounted into large PRIV sales. Only software needs updating. It should be given a different name to differentiate - like BlackBerry Flame or similar allusion to the Torch. I will be first in the queue, next September.

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    11-04-15 12:01 PM