So, I work tech support for one of the big four carriers, and I'm pretty darn good at my job. For the life of me I can't figure out why it often takes 10 seconds to load a web page on my BlackBerry Priv. The issue only occurs on wifi. My wifi tests at 80 down 90 up. 50mb apps download promptly (play store), videos stream normally (YouTube app), and various apps perform as expected. I've tried Chrome, Dolphin, and Firefox. All three have the same issue consistently. The page displays a white screen for about 5 seconds as the progress bar stalls halfway. 5 or 10 seconds later the entire page will flood in all at once. Occasionally it will display a page error. A refresh results in the slow loading scenario described above. I have multiple devices that work normally, although my phone and my wife's are the only two connections 95% of the time.

I have tried all of the usual troubleshooting steps for a slow wifi connection short of a factory reset, but it seems like a processing/OS issue.
    04-03-16 10:49 PM
    I have similar issue most times when WiFi is on at same time as LTE. For browser to work better and faster I have to turn off WiFi. Very frustrating!

Posted via my PRIV
    04-03-16 10:58 PM
    My Priv WiFi works perfectly fine. Maybe it's the WiFi you're using and not the Priv at all. All I know is, my WiFi connection at home is excellent and my Priv connects and uses the service perfectly without a single issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-04-16 12:10 AM
    Ive had the same thing happen don't know why
    04-04-16 12:23 AM
    So, I work tech support for one of the big four carriers, and I'm pretty darn good at my job. For the life of me I can't figure out why it often takes 10 seconds to load a web page on my BlackBerry Priv. The issue only occurs on wifi. My wifi tests at 80 down 90 up. 50mb apps download promptly (play store), videos stream normally (YouTube app), and various apps perform as expected. I've tried Chrome, Dolphin, and Firefox. All three have the same issue consistently. The page displays a white screen for about 5 seconds as the progress bar stalls halfway. 5 or 10 seconds later the entire page will flood in all at once. Occasionally it will display a page error. A refresh results in the slow loading scenario described above. I have multiple devices that work normally, although my phone and my wife's are the only two connections 95% of the time.

I have tried all of the usual troubleshooting steps for a slow wifi connection short of a factory reset, but it seems like a processing/OS issue.
    I consistently have the exact issue.

Posted using my favorite BlackBerry of all time - Priv.
    04-04-16 12:45 AM
    I had a problem with WiFi on Saturday. Other devices worked fine, but my priv wasn't able to send data over WiFi. Turned out to be a router issue, because I just needed to restart my router and everything worked fine!

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-04-16 01:20 AM