First Leap now Priv. It sounds so BAD
    Leap is OKAY but Priv? Or is it BlackBerry Perv? This is not happening. .-.
    What do you guys think? The name sucks right?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 10:35 PM
    I wouldn't say they're bad. People thought the Leap was terrible too and now no one even cares. Priv.. might be their first badly named device but... people will likely forget about it after a while as well.
    09-23-15 10:41 PM
    Nobody can explain any good reason for naming anything 'priv'. An absolute embarrassment.

Z30STA100-5 � 10.3.2.2339
    Doggerz and Mansoor2 like this.
    09-23-15 10:51 PM
    I wouldn't say they're bad. People thought the Leap was terrible too and now no one even cares. Priv.. might be their first badly named device but... people will likely forget about it after a while as well.
    No one cared about the Leap because the Leap was a completely irrelevant product the world forgot about 5minutes after launch.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    09-23-15 11:00 PM
    Agreed. Though this new slider maybe should of been called the Leap lol
    09-23-15 11:01 PM
    lol Classic and Passport are pretty good names if you ask me. Glad they stepped away from the Q and Z names.

But yeah, Priv. It's like someone ate a few letters and glued it all up. But hey, we'll be used to it before we know. In the end, it's just a name!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 11:36 PM
    I think people don't care about the name Leap because there are barely people buying it.

The name is very important. People identify themselves with their belongings. Heck, ppl even want their suitcases for travelling to show/express their personality.

That's why apple's marketing doesn't care about what's the best phone.

If already the name doesn't sound attractive, and BlackBerry as THE non-appealing phones (I bet 90% of the ppl now discussing the Venice thought BlackBerry was dead before they heard of the Venice), it will have to shut down the device sector very soon.

Just my opinion.

09-24-15 03:45 AM
    Can't see how you can defend these names! And if people forget about the priv as they forget about the leap, then it's game over.

Posted via CB4
    09-24-15 03:57 AM
    People thought the Leap was terrible.
    You are spot on with that statement.
    09-24-15 04:01 AM
    I never understood why they changed the sophisticated scheme with Q and Z. OK, the Slider would now be a device that doesn't match anymore, so it should get an S, and that's it. These names they use currently are confusing and crap.
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    09-24-15 04:06 AM
    Leap was bad because the phone was well below expectations, So the name was just like joke on phone.
    Now this Priv !!
    Okay!! in today's world being weird is a way of becoming famous.
    baarn likes this.
    09-24-15 04:12 AM
    09-24-15 04:21 AM
    There has to be some brilliant reason BB called it the Priv.
    Look on the bright side. They could of called it the BB *****. Just saying.
    09-24-15 04:21 AM
    They'll forget about it if the phone is a flop. And basically the name has doomed it to be just that. this device could be solid gold and people are going to take a pass because of the name.

BlackBerry was already in a bad spot. They needed everything to go right with this launch. And they can't even name the phone? They can't read these forums and see dozens of names that are better? They are still as out of touch with reality as they've been since they ignored the iPhone.

Or whoever named it doesn't have an understanding of English. Hell Chen could have named it Chen and it would beat this toilet bowl name.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    09-24-15 04:28 AM
    They can't read these forums and see dozens of names that are better?
    There is a little bit of hope telling me that the name was leaked on purpose to see the community reaction? and maybe they could change it accordingly?
    09-24-15 04:42 AM
    Annnnnnd BlackBerry STV100 it is. Rather use the model than that train wreck of a name.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 05:09 AM
    We are always trying forget the bad things...

Posted via CB10
    Alexandre Faustino likes this.
    09-24-15 05:20 AM
    Classic and Passport are excellent names, they describe the phone's purpose and appearance.

Leap wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. If it had been a true "Z50" upgrade and not an budget phone, the name would have fit.

"Priv" is just bad. "Maestro" would have been an awesome name. Curved screen, slide out keyboard, hi-res camera? A work of art!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-24-15 05:24 AM
    Classic and Passport are excellent names, they describe the phone's purpose and appearance.

Leap wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. If it had been a true "Z50" upgrade and not an budget phone, the name would have fit.

"Priv" is just bad. "Maestro" would have been an awesome name. Curved screen, slide out keyboard, hi-res camera? A work of art!

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474

Why is blackberry so bad with naming their phones?-austin-maestro-3-.jpg

This is what people in UK think when you say maestro

Posted via CB4
    09-24-15 06:03 AM
    But leap wasn't the phone that would help BlackBerry come back on top. But this one is expected to increase BlackBerry's sales. Right? With a name this bad and terrible I've seen ppl saying they ain't buying it. This is bad.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 06:45 AM
    I never understood why they changed the sophisticated scheme with Q and Z. OK, the Slider would now be a device that doesn't match anymore, so it should get an S, and that's it. These names they use currently are confusing and crap.
    Yeah man! That would be so awesome. BlackBerry S something. Very cool but Priv? As someone mentioned it is an absolute embarrassment.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 07:28 AM
    It's a name who cares? People won't be referring to it as Priv anyway, rather "that BlackBerry Android phone".
    09-24-15 07:33 AM
    Priv as in short for privy or toilet. Fml.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 07:35 AM
    Because they don't care if it is successful! They are exiting phone hardware and going to be software only for mobile phones. The only hardware they will be making soon is medical and tracking IOT boxes. Chen is just saying enough to keep the smoke and mirrors going till his precious Software revenue hits his magic number.

Posted via Z30
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 09:01 AM
    That's because no one cares about the leap lol
    09-24-15 10:12 AM
28 12