Verizon Priv here. Since 2 updates ago (so last month or so), my phone drains the battery really fast. It is actually warm to touch many times through the day. When I go to the battery tracking app, it report that "Blackerry Services" is what sucks majority of the power. Then next biggest power consumer, including screen, is 1/10th or less of the Blackberry Services power. Sometimes by the time the battery is 10% Blackberry Services consumed 50% of the power. Reboot sometimes helps for a little while. Anyone else seeing this? Any solution. I tried clearing BlackBerry Services cache but it doesn't seem to have any impact.
    05-27-16 02:48 AM
    Verizon Priv here. Since 2 updates ago (so last month or so), my phone drains the battery really fast. It is actually warm to touch many times through the day. When I go to the battery tracking app, it report that "Blackerry Services" is what sucks majority of the power. Then next biggest power consumer, including screen, is 1/10th or less of the Blackberry Services power. Sometimes by the time the battery is 10% Blackberry Services consumed 50% of the power. Reboot sometimes helps for a little while. Anyone else seeing this? Any solution. I tried clearing BlackBerry Services cache but it doesn't seem to have any impact.
    Had the same issue after last updates MM, this together with the red spark issue in whatsapp for the hub made me remove BB services /Hub etc.. will be using the google versions awaiting solutions for these issues.
    05-27-16 02:53 AM
    Just buy a nexus or another brand with stockrom. With BlackBerry you have also a stockrom with google play and services consuming battery, but above blackberry services and other blackberry apps it consumes more.

Like to see blackberry own linux os with android support, o dear.... we allready have bb10

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 05:25 AM
    I had this happen to me recently too. My solution was to delete blackberry services and reinstall. Did the trick. The downside was that i had to install my hub email accounts again. In hindsight i would have force stopped blackberry services.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-27-16 06:17 AM
    I was seeing it drain battery by about 30 % with in a couple of hours

05-27-16 06:18 AM
    Check the Sync values of your various accounts. I believe that there are suggestions about definitely setting an interval for sync.
    05-27-16 09:00 AM
    What version of Hub and BlackBerry Services are you running for folks seeing this issue? Could you also post a screen cap of the 'battery monitor' screens showing the usage quickly if you don't mind? A few other details which would be helpful...

- What accounts do you have all setup in Hub - email accounts and social please
    - Number of days email synced and sync interval

Thanks!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-27-16 09:09 AM
    What version of Hub and BlackBerry Services are you running for folks seeing this issue? Could you also post a screen cap of the 'battery monitor' screens showing the usage quickly if you don't mind? A few other details which would be helpful...A

Thanks!
    I have outlook.com , yahoo and ymail email accounts set up. All set to push and sync all forever. Yahoo / ymail set for push when supported but 1 hr sync intervals . Other accounts are linked in, Facebook, what's app, Dropbox, evernote , facebook messenger and google.

Have been running the latest versions of all BlackBerry apps.

Screenshots of battery monitor not helpful at the moment as working ok

05-27-16 11:05 AM
    Happy to send logs if that will help, but will need instructions on how to do so

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android.
    05-27-16 11:06 AM
    I have outlook.com , yahoo and ymail email accounts set up. All set to push and sync all forever. Yahoo / ymail set for push when supported but 1 hr sync intervals . Other accounts are linked in, Facebook, what's app, Dropbox, evernote , facebook messenger and google.

Have been running the latest versions of all BlackBerry apps.

Screenshots of battery monitor not helpful at the moment as working ok

Sync forever. If your account goes back many years with many folders and emails, it could explain why BB Services is working overtime. It's working overtime to sync everything in your accounts. I have mine set for 30 days. I'll use the desktop to access anything further in the past.

Try limiting your sync timeframe to 1 month and see (if that works for you)?
    05-27-16 11:23 AM
    Sync forever. If your account goes back many years with many folders and emails, it could explain why BB Services is working overtime. It's working overtime to sync everything in your accounts. I have mine set for 30 days. I'll use the desktop to access anything further in the past.

Try limiting your sync timeframe to 1 month and see (if that works for you)?
    I would love to see a 90 day sync option in the future since 30 seems a bit short imo.
    05-27-16 12:27 PM
    I have a similar problem, although not as pronounced as yours. My phone battery life isn't good and my colleague has no issues, but I find BlackBerry Services consume typically 20% of my battery and I couldn't get a full day from my Priv. It's the one irritation I have of an otherwise reasonably good device.

05-28-16 02:23 PM
    I have always been getting high drainage from BlackBerry Services as well.

05-28-16 02:29 PM
    When your phone is hot and BlackBerry services is using a lot of battery check your memory usage, I have been having instances where something called SIM ToolKit is using a TON of memory. a restart has solved the problem everytime thus far for me, but the problem has come back everytime, Ive had the issue since MM update.

Im also looking for a solution to this issue

Attached Thumbnails Why is "Blackberry Services" using so much power?-75926.jpg  
    05-28-16 02:40 PM
    What version of Hub and BlackBerry Services are you running for folks seeing this issue?
    BlackBerry Hub 1.2.1.10221
    Blackberry Services 1.2.1.37032
    Could you also post a screen cap of the 'battery monitor' screens showing the usage quickly if you don't mind?
    Why is "Blackberry Services" using so much power?-bbspower.png

A few other details which would be helpful...
    Syncing Hub with 2 MS Exchange mailboxes - 30 days sync. Using Blackberry Messenger occasionally. No other social, facebook or other accounts with Hub (waiting on Marshmallow before installing Linked-in so I can limit what it can access). Gmail is syncing but not with Hub (plus there are 5 emails there since I signed up, all from google).

I hope BB fixes it soon. For now I'm stuck having to carry a charging cable with it now as it doesn't last a typical day. Blackberry used to be the king of battery life :-(
    05-28-16 03:41 PM
    BlackBerry Hub 1.2.1.10221
    Blackberry Services 1.2.1.37032

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBSpower.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	400870

Syncing Hub with 2 MS Exchange mailboxes - 30 days sync. Using Blackberry Messenger occasionally. No other social, facebook or other accounts with Hub (waiting on Marshmallow before installing Linked-in so I can limit what it can access). Gmail is syncing but not with Hub (plus there are 5 emails there since I signed up, all from google).

I hope BB fixes it soon. For now I'm stuck having to carry a charging cable with it now as it doesn't last a typical day. Blackberry used to be the king of battery life :-(
    There is something wrong with that. Even the BlackBerry services on my PRIV doesn't go that high.

05-28-16 03:45 PM
    There is something wrong with that. Even the BlackBerry services on my PRIV doesn't go that high.
    I don't know what to tell you. This was captured just last night (early this morning actually) and it behaves this way since 2 system updates ago. I reported the service, with logs, to BB or google (can't tell, I hit the report button under the battery history) a couple of times. I rebooted multiple times, sometimes a reboot seems to slow down the BB services battery drain a little but not for long.

Out of curiosity, how many MS exchange mailboxes to you sync with? I realize I'm in the minority syncing with 2 exchange servers, maybe something BB missed in testing?
    05-28-16 03:54 PM
    I don't know what to tell you. This was captured just last night (early this morning actually) and it behaves this way since 2 system updates ago. I reported the service, with logs, to BB or google (can't tell, I hit the report button under the battery history) a couple of times. I rebooted multiple times, sometimes a reboot seems to slow down the BB services battery drain a little but not for long.
    I have a feeling you might need to do a factory reset...unfortunately.

05-28-16 03:56 PM
    Because, by default Android is quite insecure.

05-28-16 04:04 PM
    I have a feeling you might need to do a factory reset...unfortunately.
    Yea I know, standard IT suggested solution but without any guarantees - it might just work, fingers crossed. My question is how do I know that it will do anything other than waste a few of hours of my time (which I don't have to spend on this right now)? And even if it fixes things, what should I do different to make sure it doesn't happen again in 2 months? I've been a blackberry user and a fan for a very long time because the product was solid and that is what I want from my phone. I know there are tinkerers out there that like the bleeding edge and enjoy setting up their phones all the time, I'm not one of them.
    05-28-16 04:33 PM
    Are you on lollipop or marshmallow? We released version 1.2.2 for marshmallow devices this week and I suspect that the fix you need is in that build.
    05-28-16 05:04 PM
    On my mm priv I see BlackBerry services at 1% but since mm OTA I find overheating on or off charger with frequent nag warning & attenuate slowdown... the usual array of cleaners is of no help despite fancy graphics & folderol... how come? The only double digit percentage is for display...

05-28-16 05:10 PM
    This is Android pretty much in a nutshell for you there's always something lurking somewhere that does funny stuff too much behind the scenes that is always up too no good.
    05-28-16 08:35 PM
    Are you on lollipop or marshmallow? We released version 1.2.2 for marshmallow devices this week and I suspect that the fix you need is in that build.
    On Verizon, so still Lollipop. :-(
    05-29-16 10:50 PM
    It sounds like BB has dropped support for Priv Lollipop (or else there would be an update for BB Services for L). Since Verizon hasn't even announced a MM release, unless BB decides to continue supporting L, Verizon Priv is a lost cause. I think I'll give it a last ditch effort by downgrading blackberry services to factory version (that is the option that shows up when I click to disable it, didn't click it yet as I was traveling and didn't want to brick my phone while away), but if that fails, I think I'll just get a phone from a manufacturer that does support currently sold versions of their phones.

Since it will be my fist non-blackberry phone in over a decade ; Android or IOS - any opinions from previous blackberry owners? One big requirement for me is ability to sync with 2 exchange servers. I'd consider Windows but it's missing one of the few apps I need on a phone - Tesla Model S App.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-05-16 03:41 AM
28 12