Priv is Bipolar with teething pains lol.

Mine was working flawlessly since day 1 until today, when I started having SMS and even BBM issues. First, I noticed I had no messages for a while and noticed that while I had 4 bars, there was no 4G/LTE network type icon next to my antenna. Hub gave a popup about not being able to refresh in offline mode. I tried toggling cellular data, turning on and off airplane mode, refreshing APNs, and toggling the preferred Network type and nothing worked. Restarted it and everything was fine - for like an hour.

Later on, I opened Hub and hit an SMS and nothing happened - just a nasty error popup about No Activity found to handle intent SMS or some crap like that. No SMS or MMS conversations would update or even open to view through hub, but they worked fine if I opened messenger. To fix that I had to open App settings for Messenger then hit clear defaults and cache. Not sure which fixed it since I did both at once.

Also, battery life today only got me ~4hrs screen on time when I was getting ~5.5hrs. I need at least 5hrs SOT to get through a day of work so 4hrs is not acceptable.

Frustrating when my Passport was probably the most perfect phone I ever had, with no issues from release date to switching to Priv. All I can think of is how PERFECT this Priv would be if Google gave Blackberry access to Play Services and it had BB10 w/GPS.

I know the issues are software, so heres to hoping for some speedy patches and updates. Still love the phone but its very hard to recommend when you have no idea what issues each person will have. Mine was flawless until today.
    11-26-15 08:41 PM
    Im on att via straight talk and MMS works perfectly... It routes properly whether WiFi is on or not.

I suspect this is a provisioning for some on the carrier end and HD voice being implicated makes sense as that runs over ims.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 08:49 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and can confirm the same MMS issues with some combination of Wi-Fi being on. I also miss calls. Sometimes restarting makes an influx of previously missing texts poor in. It's unfortunate how unreliable this phone is compared to even the Classic. Hopefully software updates improve on this since I know this phone has more potential.
    12-12-15 03:33 AM
    Go to your phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#* that will bring up the testing screen. Scroll down to SMSC and the line next to it will probably be blank. Hit the refresh button next to the blank line and it will fix the problem.
    GrindHard90 likes this.
    12-12-15 11:01 AM
    Go to your phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#* that will bring up the testing screen. Scroll down to SMSC and the line next to it will probably be blank. Hit the refresh button next to the blank line and it will fix the problem.
    Thank you. I will try that. Can you tell me what this does?
    12-12-15 12:46 PM
30 12