I understand there are barries and restraints that affect the possible production of a Priv running the BB10 software, but come on now! Can't ANYTHING be done at all? I would be interested in someone or myself starting a petition and begging BB to make even just 2,000 copies for example.

I love my Passport, but for me right now, it would be so nice to have a Priv that takes the 16:9 ratio and the hardware functions of the Passport together, it would just be beautiful.

Am I the only one who would not mind giving BlackBerry the money for the phone upfront so they don't lose money? Haha I seriously wouldn't mind!
    acovey likes this.
    01-15-16 09:37 AM
    This isn't the first thread like this, so I'll probably cover the next several replies with this:

Bla bla bla why should BB waste all that R&D money on a limited run bla bla bla little demand for a BB10 Priv bla bla bla how many petitions does it take to change a light bulb bla bla bla none petitions can't change anything
    01-15-16 09:58 AM
    From time to time threads such as this pop-up on Cb asking users to sign a petition for some pro-BB10 cause. I check these petitions from time to time and very few even reach 1000 signatures. And considering CB is the most pro-BB10 site out there, 1000 signatures is pretty bad.
    01-15-16 10:09 AM
    Truth is I don't care for a BB10 slider as much as I care for a 10.4!

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 10:10 AM
    I understand there are barries and restraints that affect the possible production of a Priv running the BB10 software, but come on now! Can't ANYTHING be done at all? I would be interested in someone or myself starting a petition and begging BB to make even just 2,000 copies for example.

I love my Passport, but for me right now, it would be so nice to have a Priv that takes the 16:9 ratio and the hardware functions of the Passport together, it would just be beautiful.

Am I the only one who would not mind giving BlackBerry the money for the phone upfront so they don't lose money? Haha I seriously wouldn't mind!
    Hilarious.
    01-15-16 10:27 AM
    It wouldn't really be ACTUAL R&D money.

Chen said it would be costly to get Qualcomm to provide drivers for BB10. So thats pretty much it. Drivers being available means the software can be integrated with the phone.

If the situation was that the Priv was a brand new pone out of space and BlackBerry couldn't already just install their OS (which they have on others like the Z10 and so on) it shouldn't be that big a deal. Thats why I said I wouldnt mind the option to cough up the money up-front if they asked for it because if other people (even though most won't) were up for that, then they wouldn't be losing out too much on overhead costs. Unfortunately, that's not possible because not enough people want that in the first place.

I suppose my days as a BlackBerry user must just simply come to an end eventually.
    01-15-16 10:31 AM
    I just red another thread asking for android on the passport. I guess there will always be unhappy people no matter what.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 10:44 AM
    Who's interested in a petition to give me a million dollars? I can pay off my student loans and with the 8 dollars left go on vacation.

And it won't cost you anything because you pay for it upfront.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    ce71 likes this.
    01-15-16 10:47 AM
    I think it wouldn't have been costly for them to use the passports chipset in the priv frame with just some coding for resolution?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-16-16 02:01 PM
    If you all stump up the cash for Qualcomm to produce the drivers used in the Priv for BB10 then im sure Blackberry would probably produce a limited number just for you.
    01-16-16 02:21 PM
    This isn't the first thread like this, so I'll probably cover the next several replies with this:

Bla bla bla why should BB waste all that R&D money on a limited run bla bla bla little demand for a BB10 Priv bla bla bla how many petitions does it take to change a light bulb bla bla bla none petitions can't change anything
    Thur don't beat around the bush...tell us how you really feel
    01-16-16 02:24 PM
    Not sure why anyone would want another BB10 device without developer support, but if that's what makes you happy. The Priv is fine as it is with Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    01-16-16 02:31 PM
    Get 10-20 million signatures, and you might be on to something.
    01-16-16 02:33 PM
    Get 10-20 million signatures, and you might be on to something.
    More like sell 20 million units

01-16-16 02:45 PM

Don't sugar coat it Thurask, tell'em what you really think.. lol!

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    01-16-16 03:11 PM
    BlackBerry OS 10 is not selling which is the reason that the company has transitioned to BlackBerry Android. It would be a waste of time and effort to port BlackBerry OS 10 to the BlackBerry Priv.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    01-16-16 03:25 PM
    Well if we can get enough signatures, the white house has to respond to it
    01-16-16 03:26 PM
    Well if we can get enough signatures, the white house has to respond to it
    Well, they'll probably say "It's a Canadian company, what the hell does it have to do with us?", in the exceedingly unlikely event that there are 100,000 BlackBerry fans that can agree on something.
    01-16-16 03:42 PM
    Forget that..
    It will never happen..

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    01-16-16 05:44 PM
    I would like an OS 10 Priv!!

acovey likes this.
    01-16-16 08:00 PM
    I may have said this before BUT a Blackberry phone NOT running a Blackberry OS is NOT a Blackberry.
    Bob Brown7 and will308 like this.
    01-16-16 08:36 PM
    I may have said this before BUT a Blackberry phone NOT running a Blackberry OS is NOT a Blackberry.
    With that logic a Samsung phone not running a Samsung OS isn't a Samsung. Which is simply not true. If it's made by BlackBerry, then it's a BlackBerry. It's not really up to debate...

Sent from my Passport
    01-16-16 10:01 PM
    Yup, you have, like a broken record/cd. At least you're consistent.

*C5303
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    01-16-16 11:12 PM
    Why?? BB10 will be supported for a very long time for current users but not enhanced beyond 10.3.xx.
    People need accept the future whether you like it or not.
    Blackberry is not going to lose money just to please a small minority. BB10 will be around a long time just not on any new hardware.

Posted from my Priv!
    01-16-16 11:22 PM

Get over it!!! Jump ship or shut up

01-16-16 11:24 PM
70 123