Hi All,

I am wondering when BB will get with bringing BBM to have a dark theme background??

I use Textra for text messaging and they have a beautiful UI and a black option for the background and so much ability to customize your colors for text and chat bubbles.

If Textra can do it for their text messaging app why the heck can't BlackBerry do the same??

BlackBerry WAKE UP and give us some nice upgrades for the look of BBM, which has not really changed in years!!

I think BBM is the best but looking at that horrible bright white background especially at night it SUCKS!!!!!!!
    11-10-16 09:47 AM
    In the newer phones i believe that a dark theme is bad for battery life, so there would be a price.
    11-10-16 10:37 AM
    You think YOU've got issues????
    I can only tell you what I know. It's NOT my intentions to embarrass you because I'd have to lie to you, so I'll start off with a distraction and when no one's looking, I'll throw in a hint
    It's early and my eyes play tricks on me sometimes. Oh wait! That was in the 60's. These days it's more about the fried brain cells. (Something tell me you can relate) I've got a passport! Had it since Day One. Of course, I'm running the latest OS and and as for BBM.... (here it comes....... wait for it.......)
    BBM DOES HAVE A DARK BACKGROUND!!

Open it! swipe down and you'll see the universal sign for settings! Scroll down to the area that says:
    DARK BACKGROUND!
    ( I think we're good! No one was watching)
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-10-16 10:46 AM
    You think YOU've got issues????
    I can only tell you what I know. It's NOT my intentions to embarrass you because I'd have to lie to you, so I'll start off with a distraction and when no one's looking, I'll throw in a hint
    It's early and my eyes play tricks on me sometimes. Oh wait! That was in the 60's. These days it's more about the fried brain cells. (Something tell me you can relate) I've got a passport! Had it since Day One. Of course, I'm running the latest OS and and as for BBM.... (here it comes....... wait for it.......)
    BBM DOES HAVE A DARK BACKGROUND!!

Open it! swipe down and you'll see the universal sign for settings! Scroll down to the area that says:
    DARK BACKGROUND!
    ( I think we're good! No one was watching) http://www.picturesanimations.com/3/3d_smileys/0269.gif
    I don't see a Setting for Dark Background but I might be muddled more than usual!
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-10-16 11:48 AM
    Lost boy's eyes must be bad. He didn't see he was in the Priv forums.
    FF22, tigrute, david7saad and 2 others like this.
    11-10-16 11:53 AM
    Yes in BB10 but where is it in Android on the Priv???

Lostboy I guess your so stoned that you are on your Passport and not on the Priv!

Pass the Bong I could use a hit
    11-10-16 11:56 AM
    Yep hes stoned I think, lol just kidding
    jimmy zamalot likes this.
    11-10-16 11:57 AM
    I guess my heading should of been in Android MM, yes BB10 has it
    jimmy zamalot likes this.
    11-10-16 11:58 AM
    They have reverse color which gives you a dark background. It looks terrible.
    11-10-16 12:16 PM
    I don't see a Setting for Dark Background but I might be muddled more than usual!
    Its there, right above the Lithuanian spell check option!!
    texn884, FF22 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    11-10-16 12:16 PM
    I guess I will get my sharpie out and color the screen black
    FF22 and anon(3732391) like this.
    11-10-16 12:36 PM
    I use dark theme on BBM.
    When will BBM on Android get a dark theme?-img_20161110_214655.png

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-10-16 01:47 PM
    Its there, right above the Lithuanian spell check option!!
    I can barely read the English spellcheck option! So that explains why I missed it.
    anon(3732391) and zephyr613 like this.
    11-10-16 02:59 PM
    Lost boy's eyes must be bad. He didn't see he was in the Priv forums.

UMMIE... I had the perfect excuse. F2 practically admitted it was his fault.
    Now I'm gonna have to figure a way to creatively blame it on you.

It's always something around here.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 08:49 PM
    A I know is that there is a practical reason for dark themes not only in BBM but also in the Hub:
    My Priv has suffered from screen burn-in where the android buttons are at the bottom, white chat area, status bar is at the top, the band where the blue stripe is at the top of texts and BBM's, and the area where the dark keyboard pops up is noticeably brighter.
    It's being sent in for a replacement unit.
    BTW it's been now three weeks that BlackBerry support has made me wait for tracking info of the replacement unit (with the only reason for the delay being that they have a backlog).
    11-10-16 09:14 PM
    Yes in BB10 but where is it in Android on the Priv???

Lostboy I guess your so stoned that you are on your Passport and not on the Priv!

Pass the Bong I could use a hit
    Well, you're not altogether wrong. I don't smoke weed and I'm on way too much medication to do drugs.
    Nonetheless, I am deliriously delusional and I wouldn't change that condition for anything.
    Back in the 60's I tuned-in, turned-on and dropped out. (at the age of 14)
    I'm 65 and have no desire to look for the off switch. I had a moment of clarity once and it scared the hell outa me!!

Today, it would take a really bum trip for me to consider another device. But, who knows ( besides The Shadow) what the future will offer...
    I can wait because, after all, the future only comes one day at a time.

(don't forget... F2 has graciously offered to take the blame on my behalf. We'll work the language angle for awhile!!)
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-10-16 09:28 PM
    Well, you're not altogether wrong. I don't smoke weed and I'm on way too much medication to do drugs.
    Nonetheless, I am deliriously delusional and I wouldn't change that condition for anything.
    Back in the 60's I tuned-in, turned-on and dropped out. (at the age of 14)
    I'm 65 and have no desire to look for the off switch. I had a moment of clarity once and it scared the hell outa me!!

Today, it would take a really bum trip for me to consider another device. But, who knows ( besides The Shadow) what the future will offer...
    I can wait because, after all, the future only comes one day at a time.

(don't forget... F2 has graciously offered to take the blame on my behalf. We'll work the language angle for awhile!!)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
    anon(3732391) and zephyr613 like this.
    11-10-16 09:57 PM
    A I know is that there is a practical reason for dark themes not only in BBM but also in the Hub:
    My Priv has suffered from screen burn-in where the android buttons are at the bottom, white chat area, status bar is at the top, the band where the blue stripe is at the top of texts and BBM's, and the area where the dark keyboard pops up is noticeably brighter.
    It's being sent in for a replacement unit.
    BTW it's been now three weeks that BlackBerry support has made me wait for tracking info of the replacement unit (with the only reason for the delay being that they have a backlog).
    You lost me at "Practical." and because there really is no specific definition other than your opinion of what works for you, I won't ask you to define it.
    Ya know, this would be one of those times that "a picture can speak a thousand words" might have been a better way to go!!

As for your shipping issue, Blackberry is just like any company that has many different sections to it. Which is to say one department has no idea that there were any other departments to begin with.,The higher up the floor you're on, the less you know about what's going on below. But you know the stock prices and what time you're meeting with the Pro to improve your swing.

So, talking to corporate won't help. If you complain to the shipping department you have a better chance of never receiving your item. You have the alternative to go through customer service but to get through to them you first have to take a math test, a multiple choice quiz (as our menu has recently changed) then you're on hold for a stress endurance test and by the time you are answered ( in the order your call was received)
    you've either forgotten why you called or you've lost that edge that you needed to take out your aggressions on the first person that answers.

You could ask for their supervisor and work your way up the ladder, but you'll end up with the last person you talk to not having any kind of coherent explanation and her supervisor is in a meeting (along with the rest of the corporate club who are just teeing off) and suddenly you find yourself back in the shipping area and you end up just hang up.

What i do, when it comes to anything, is to expect the worst. In your case, don't expect to ever receive your device. That will take a lot of weight off of you and all the baggage that you pack with it, the stress, anticipation, anxiety and so on. So now you're in a place that you can just forget about it altogether.
    When you do finally receive your device, you won't feel like, " it's about time," which also takes away the excitement of receiving it.
    Instead, you'll be so excited that you got it... that it makes the waiting and everything else seem like no big deal at all.

In fact, I spent a long time training in the art of rejection and learning how not to react to the word 'NO" to the point I became depressed when a "YES" would slip in when I least expected it.

If you take nothing away from this except that you finally reached the end and can't believe you actually read the entire rant... then I've done my job for the day!

(See F2??) This could have been your rant!!
    11-10-16 10:23 PM
    You lost me at "Practical." and because there really is no specific definition other than your opinion of what works for you, I won't ask you to define it.
    Ya know, this would be one of those times that "a picture can speak a thousand words" might have been a better way to go!!

As for your shipping issue, Blackberry is just like any company that has many different sections to it. Which is to say one department has no idea that there were any other departments to begin with.,The higher up the floor you're on, the less you know about what's going on below. But you know the stock prices and what time you're meeting with the Pro to improve your swing.

So, talking to corporate won't help. If you complain to the shipping department you have a better chance of never receiving your item. You have the alternative to go through customer service but to get through to them you first have to take a math test, a multiple choice quiz (as our menu has recently changed) then you're on hold for a stress endurance test and by the time you are answered ( in the order your call was received)
    you've either forgotten why you called or you've lost that edge that you needed to take out your aggressions on the first person that answers.

You could ask for their supervisor and work your way up the ladder, but you'll end up with the last person you talk to not having any kind of coherent explanation and her supervisor is in a meeting (along with the rest of the corporate club who are just teeing off) and suddenly you find yourself back in the shipping area and you end up just hang up.

What i do, when it comes to anything, is to expect the worst. In your case, don't expect to ever receive your device. That will take a lot of weight off of you and all the baggage that you pack with it, the stress, anticipation, anxiety and so on. So now you're in a place that you can just forget about it altogether.
    When you do finally receive your device, you won't feel like, " it's about time," which also takes away the excitement of receiving it.
    Instead, you'll be so excited that you got it... that it makes the waiting and everything else seem like no big deal at all.

In fact, I spent a long time training in the art of rejection and learning how not to react to the word 'NO" to the point I became depressed when a "YES" would slip in when I least expected it.

If you take nothing away from this except that you finally reached the end and can't believe you actually read the entire rant... then I've done my job for the day!

(See F2??) This could have been your rant!!
    He's not that good.
    11-10-16 10:37 PM
    Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
    \

You mean to say you didn't watch the Presidential Debates?
    11-10-16 10:38 PM
    \

You mean to say you didn't watch the Presidential Debates?
    Absolutely not.
    11-10-16 11:09 PM
    Absolutely not.
    This was my first time. Also, first time voting. Up til now, I always believed that if voting really made a difference it would be illegal.
    I'm now positive it doesn't make a difference!!

We should dismantle the entire presidential and voting thing... and hire a king. And every once in awhile if the King isn't doing a good job, we just kill him and hire a new king!
    FF22 and misterabrasive like this.
    11-11-16 03:33 AM
    This was my first time. Also, first time voting. Up til now, I always believed that if voting really made a difference it would be illegal.

We should dismantle the entire presidential and voting thing... and hire a king. And every once in awhile if the King isn't doing a good job, we just kill him and hire a new king!
    Didn't we just do that?
    11-11-16 07:13 AM

Secret Service is knocking on your door....
    11-11-16 07:14 AM
    Secret Service is knocking on your door....
    They've been looking for him for years!
    zephyr613, FF22 and anon(3732391) like this.
    11-11-16 08:50 AM
48 12