I just got the Priv. I had over 4000 photos on my old device. I've tried the the content transfer and each time it crashes at the same point in the transfer. I've rebooted, deleted the app and redownloaded. Nothing seems to fix the issue. Anybody have alternative quick ways to transfer over the photos? I have a Mac and it seems so hard to sync my photos on..
    11-25-15 06:32 PM
    I just got the Priv. I had over 4000 photos on my old device. I've tried the the content transfer and each time it crashes at the same point in the transfer. I've rebooted, deleted the app and redownloaded. Nothing seems to fix the issue. Anybody have alternative quick ways to transfer over the photos? I have a Mac and it seems so hard to sync my photos on..
    SD card

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-25-15 06:32 PM
    The photos are saved on my old device. How do i transfer them on to an SD? Can i do it from the device directly?
    11-25-15 06:36 PM
    The photos are saved on my old device. How do i transfer them on to an SD? Can i do it from the device directly?
    Yes. Q10 has an SD card slot.

11-25-15 06:37 PM
    If you have an SD card, move everything from the Q10's internal memory to the SD card using the BB10 File Manager.

Once everything is there, put the SD card in the Priv.
    11-25-15 06:38 PM
    And make sure you �copy� the files from the Q10 to the SD card - don't �move�. Plopping that SD card in/out too fast could screw up the card - so you want to make sure you still have the backups available to try again.

11-25-15 06:44 PM
    thanks thurask. I will try it now and let you know how it works out
    11-25-15 06:45 PM
    I used the BlackBerry App, "Content Transfer" from my Z30 to my Priv.

Worked great.

That said, the SD card will work just fine but remember, you'll need a file manager before you can use the SD card in the Priv. (Android doesn't have one built in like BB10)
    There's lots in Google play. Just look for one that looks good for you.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    11-25-15 07:11 PM
    The file manager from Asus works well

STV100-1, SQW100-4
    11-25-15 08:12 PM
    It wasn't the quickest, but I used the BB10 file manager to zip my photos and then NFC to transfer them over. I had to zip them as NFC on BB10 wouldn't work for that many files.
    ce71 likes this.
    11-26-15 09:25 AM
    Is your computer not the simplest way?
    You copy the files from your Q10 to your Mac (which also acts as a backup for your pictures) then you copy those files on your Mac over to the Priv.
    I don't have a Mac, but doesn't it recognize a connected phone as a mass storage device?
    11-26-15 10:29 AM