So... if you could change anything about the camera app on Priv (or DTEK50), what would it be? New features? Remove clutter? Improve reviewer? More filters? More fun modes? etc.

What is your idea of the perfect camera app?

/disclaimer -- no promises
    Sigewif and FF22 like this.
    07-30-16 12:26 AM
    Number one requirement would be that it has to be fast. Fast to launch, fast to shoot. Consistently.

After that, just the usual... good resolution, good color depth, etc.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Sigewif, Carmels, FF22 and 2 others like this.
    07-30-16 12:36 AM
    Maybe some quick access preprogrammed settings. Portrait. Action. Night. Etc.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    07-30-16 12:40 AM
    Allow for re-binning/regrouping of pixels so you can have higher sensitivity with the tradeoff of lower resolution.

gizmo21 and guizmox like this.
    07-30-16 02:28 AM
    Voice commands: I had an LG F6. Poor camera-- but it had a cool feature where you could set it to take a picture with a voice command. There were a few commands you could choose from, for example, "Cheese" or "Smile" and a couple others. It is a help to avoid jostling the phone when taking the picture especially if you have to hold it in an awkward position to get the perfect shot.
    I have another comment but will put it in a separate post. In the morning.
    07-30-16 03:37 AM
    Needs to open much faster. Auto mode needs better tweaks. Color is washed out in auto mode. Hdr is perfect on the other hand.
    07-30-16 05:38 AM
    Needs to open WAY faster and should have near instant shutter. Pretty unusable right now
    07-30-16 07:40 AM
    Definitely pre programmed confirmations that I could quickly swap between
    07-30-16 09:36 AM
    Definitely pre programmed confirmations that I could quickly swap between
    Ha ha. I love it. Way better than walking to his part of the building.

gebco likes this.
    07-30-16 10:07 AM
    He's in Ottawa and I'm in Waterloo! Lol it's also definitely not the first time I've said I wanted that either!

Besides, I'm sure Sean is sick of talking to me by now
    smcv likes this.
    07-30-16 10:25 AM
    I like 'whiteboard' mode like on bb10
    07-30-16 10:28 AM
    He's in Ottawa and I'm in Waterloo! Lol it's also definitely not the first time I've said I wanted that either!

Besides, I'm sure Sean is sick of talking to me by now
    Awesome. Ottawa and Waterloo is no easy walk.

07-30-16 11:20 AM
    1. The help tutorials are a help. I don't think they are cluttered. If they are in the way there could be an option to hide them. Is there an option on the PRIV to find the tutorials and how-tos consolidated in one document? When there are updates to the app it would be a help to get an updated reference guide that includes the new options. Some people are not on MM yet. I know I have options they don't have so it would be a help for them as well, if/when Verizon rolls out MM that they get the tutorial with updates. (as in, not just the updates listed, but a full tutorial/reference guide, revised.
    2. The filters are fun. Also the options for using after the picture is taken are much appreciated. However, I find when taking pictures at sunset, for example, with the sun behind me, if there is bright sun on distant trees etc. the places where the sun hits can often be more yellow than I would like. I have tinkered with the settings and the filters a bit but perhaps I am missing something. Maybe there are some things that could be done after the picture is taken to get the distant colors more balanced.
    3. It would be great to be able to put wording or a watermark on the photo without having to use a non-native app. This would be a help for businesses. (Small business owner here.) I could post a photo to social media with a slogan right on it. I would love that. I could take pictures of my products or events etc we are doing and do everything right on the native app. Also people could sign photos. Maybe there is an app out there for that, but I would prefer to use a native app if there was one.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 07-30-16 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Clarifying my comment a little
    07-30-16 01:08 PM
    I think I you already have the request "different (smaller) resolutions /sizes" on your list from other threads.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 07-31-16 at 02:11 PM.
    Sigewif and guizmox like this.
    07-30-16 01:58 PM
    I think I you already have the request "different (smaller) resolutions /sizes" on your list from other threats.
    Don't threats him!
    gizmo21 likes this.
    07-30-16 07:55 PM
    Fast launch. macro mode. Manual modes. Good color reproduction

07-30-16 08:30 PM
    I think speed is the first followed by accuracy of color reproduction and options for editing. I was in a store today looking at the Samsung Galaxy S7 before looking (again) at the Priv and I must say that the S7's camera is worlds faster than the Priv's. Worlds.
    07-30-16 10:08 PM
    Needs to open WAY faster and should have near instant shutter. Pretty unusable right now
    Agreed. Compared to Samsung Galaxy S7 this is very slow, even though it does take good pictures.
    07-30-16 10:10 PM
    That speed is just the hardware differences; software can only do so much. We will just have to wait for the next flagship for improved shutter speed.

Some more customization would be good. Without going to manual mode, I would like to replace the Timer and HDR buttons in auto with ISO and white balance for example

A way to de-clutter would be nice too, maybe some sort of gesture or button to hide the controls except for the shutter button
    Last edited by StutterStep; 07-31-16 at 02:21 AM.
    07-31-16 02:10 AM
    RAW

07-31-16 06:35 AM
    What about a video mode with manual settings ?

smcv likes this.
    07-31-16 06:42 AM
    Thank you for asking. I second macro mode. That would be awesome. Scene modes would be great for those who aren't you photography savy. And if the shutter lag could be improved I'd be appreciative. That being said I quite like the camera and the pics it takes. Enough that I can leave the P&S at home.

07-31-16 10:13 PM
    well, for me, i'd love to see the following to be added to next camera app update:
    - faster launch & shutter speed (something can be done here, i believe)
    - more filters
    - RAW mode
    - option to select various resolutions, not everyone needs a full 18 MP to always be online all the time
    - HDR+ mode
    - macro mode - extended
    - quick pre-programmed settings
    - improved DoF
    - improved colour gradation especially for indoor shoots
    - 4K video mode WITH AUDIO!
    - date/time stamp option (watermarks will do)

honestly lots of options can be packed in, the camera engine of the PRIV can do it, so please, make the most of the raw power!

1-2 more updates and i believe my PRIV experience will be a WOW!
    08-01-16 02:01 AM
    That speed is just the hardware differences; software can only do so much. We will just have to wait for the next flagship for improved shutter speed.
    I keep hearing this, but I remember with the Z10 the camera performance was *awful* at first, and improved significantly with software improvements.

I also know that Apple manages to make their camera app with near-instant response on every iPhone in every version of IOS.

This is BB's first attempt at a camera app on Android, it seems like it needs some more attention to bring the performance (i.e., responsiveness) into line with others.
    08-01-16 02:20 AM
    I keep reading about folks wanting a faster shutter speed but the Priv already can do 1/8000 of a second. That's pretty fast. I think some may mean less shutter lag, meaning the delay between tapping the "shutter" button and the phone actually taking the photo.

08-01-16 08:28 AM
41 12