Had problems with the battery. Got a new one. (This is my 3rd one ... ca-ching!!)

Charging all night and was 100%

7:15 at 100% battery to 7:29am 90%. Got off. 8:52 it was 87%
    About 9:30am used it for a bit on news sites, and by 10 it was 70%
    About 10:45am at 64%
    10:58 am 61%
    Then trying to get an app killer. One needed Paypal but it forced me to use gmail to log in and mine is not gmail so I got killapps so 11:11 is 55%
    From 11:11 to 12:19 I didn't use it and it went to 51%
    Then was out for lunch, not using it. So at 2:27 was 46%.
    After writing a bit more I am at 45% at 2:31

It won't be long and it will need charging (and will go hot).

And sure enough, I have to change it for rest of the day.

Still having problems. Any suggestion on what would be the problem?

I have factory reset it. I had coolmaster but someone told me to get rid of it, so it's gone. I have a lot less apps (not sure why apps would be a problem when they weren't and I had more)

It is probably not something I can fix, if it is hardware. Where on earth do you go, to get a phone fixed?

Thanks for any suggestion you may have.
    02-24-18 07:15 PM
    Few things to try. Turn off Location Services. Turn off Bluetooth. Lower screen brightness. Are you in a low signal area? The phone could have trouble getting a good signal. How many email accounts and social media accounts are being pinged?
    02-24-18 10:18 PM
    I turned off location. My Bluetooth does not stay on ..wish it would.
    I lowered the brightness. They signal sometimes goes out. But otherwise it's stonge

I have one email on the hub.
    02-24-18 10:49 PM
    priv is known for such issues. if 3 didn't work then that means you need to dump it.
    02-24-18 11:05 PM
    thanks. hope it works

not happy to hear it's known for these issues
    02-24-18 11:20 PM
    Try disabling hub and hub+ services too.

Then report back to us with what is draining the most battery in the battery stats
    02-25-18 12:57 AM
    are you in an area with a lot of foreign wi fi?
    if so turn off till wanted.
    02-25-18 01:10 AM
    Also turn off adaptive brightness. This helped me alot.
    02-25-18 05:58 AM
    Had problems with the battery. Got a new one. (This is my 3rd one ... ca-ching!!)

Charging all night and was 100%

7:15 at 100% battery to 7:29am 90%. Got off. 8:52 it was 87%
    About 9:30am used it for a bit on news sites, and by 10 it was 70%
    About 10:45am at 64%
    10:58 am 61%
    Then trying to get an app killer. One needed Paypal but it forced me to use gmail to log in and mine is not gmail so I got killapps so 11:11 is 55%
    From 11:11 to 12:19 I didn't use it and it went to 51%
    Then was out for lunch, not using it. So at 2:27 was 46%.
    After writing a bit more I am at 45% at 2:31

It won't be long and it will need charging (and will go hot).

And sure enough, I have to change it for rest of the day.

Still having problems. Any suggestion on what would be the problem?

I have factory reset it. I had coolmaster but someone told me to get rid of it, so it's gone. I have a lot less apps (not sure why apps would be a problem when they weren't and I had more)

It is probably not something I can fix, if it is hardware. Where on earth do you go, to get a phone fixed?

Thanks for any suggestion you may have.
    Try this out.. I have tried and changed the animations to 0.5x... huuuuge difference... no draw down or negative side effects whatsoever on performance... Try it..

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1051944

Posted via BB LEAP
    02-25-18 08:31 AM
    reduce screen brightness, help a bit. Turning of location helped a lot (something I had to do before but forgot to redo when I factory reset it.

And I turned off then new map thing (new to me) on Snapchat which helped.

I would be inclined to get a new phone but the keyone and motion where not my favourite, when I was at the Crackberry meet-up up.

I wish I knew which phones were coming out this year. When will we know?

I am about two steps away from getting keyone for me and splitting the cost with my son's ...they need to update phones. But...trying to containing myself. I won't be happy with the keyone

on the priv, you cannot move around in typing a post. crazy. terrible control on Forums and Crackberry ... CB app is a bit better than forums app
    02-25-18 12:54 PM
    on top of which, you can got to apple to get phone fixed. What do you do for BB?

Most stores seem to have no idea ... they don't work on BB.
    02-25-18 12:57 PM
    well... I just saw s9 in Barcelona on FB. great camera. Lilac purple.

coming out in March. hah ha

Love the colour and camera

Edit:

THIS is what BlackBerry is missing. Colours, awesome cameras and features on camera. Fun stuff.

Being all about work environment is missing out

(Honestly, I would have a hard time with giving up BB)
    Last edited by towngirl; 02-25-18 at 01:52 PM.
    02-25-18 01:23 PM
    reduce screen brightness, help a bit. Turning of location helped a lot (something I had to do before but forgot to redo when I factory reset it.

And I turned off then new map thing (new to me) on Snapchat which helped.

I would be inclined to get a new phone but the keyone and motion where not my favourite, when I was at the Crackberry meet-up up.

I wish I knew which phones were coming out this year. When will we know?

I am about two steps away from getting keyone for me and splitting the cost with my son's ...they need to update phones. But...trying to containing myself. I won't be happy with the keyone

on the priv, you cannot move around in typing a post. crazy. terrible control on Forums and Crackberry ... CB app is a bit better than forums app
    You could always go for a used KEYone..
    towngirl likes this.
    02-25-18 01:32 PM
    I see a few on Kijiji which are more expensive that the current sale price BlackBerry is offering. And a few just under the sale price which means it would be better to buy brand new.
    02-25-18 01:43 PM
    Uhm...Have you looked at the battery section in settings to see what is using you battery?
    02-25-18 02:05 PM
    Uhm...Have you looked at the battery section in settings to see what is using you battery?
    Yes. It's pretty low. Nothing that would alarm me into shutting something off. Most things are a 1 or 2 %
    02-25-18 03:42 PM
    Yes. It's pretty low. Nothing that would alarm me into shutting something off. Most things are a 1 or 2 %
    You are looking at the wrong measure, percentages are meaningless by themselves. Click on each one and look to see how many mAhs each one is using.
    02-25-18 03:46 PM
    You are looking at the wrong measure, percentages are meaningless by themselves. Click on each one and look to see how many mAhs each one is using.
    Android System is 101. Screen is 370. Every else is way less than 100.

That is not a lot. So if I turn down screen, more, it's kinda too dark for me. But I have turned it down and it didn't help.
    02-25-18 04:00 PM
    Android System is 101. Screen is 370. Every else is way less than 100.

That is not a lot. So if I turn down screen, more, it's kinda too dark for me. But I have turned it down and it didn't help.
    Okay, over how much time. The measure is meaningless without a time period. If it is 370 mAh over five minutes, that is a lot worse than 370 mAh over a 2 hour time period.
    02-25-18 04:39 PM
    You also have to look at the cumulative value of the amount of power being consumed by all your apps. If you have 2,000 apps running, that would take a lot more power than only 10 apps.

You can try disabling background data for apps that don't need it. That can help. I deleted Facebook and Messenger and replaced them with the mobile site for FB and Messenger Lite for Messenger, that helped some as well.
    02-25-18 04:42 PM
    Okay, over how much time. The measure is meaningless without a time period. If it is 370 mAh over five minutes, that is a lot worse than 370 mAh over a 2 hour time period.
    Most don't tell me. The screen says 370 for 2 h 10 m 57 s
    02-25-18 05:46 PM
    lol I don't have 2000 apps.
    Lite version? I didn't know there was a light.
    PHughes likes this.
    02-25-18 05:48 PM
    Most don't tell me. The screen says 370 for 2 h 10 m 57 s
    That isn't bad. Mine is at 361 mAh at 1h 51m 37s.
    02-25-18 06:22 PM
    That isn't bad. Mine is at 361 mAh at 1h 51m 37s.
    No but I have to keep it plugged in, to use it.
    02-25-18 06:22 PM
    lol I don't have 2000 apps.
    Lite version? I didn't know there was a light.
    Yes, there is a lite version. I found Facebook was utilizing a ton of data so I deleted it. The mobile site works fine for me. The lite version of Messenger works fine as well.

Yeah, I don't have 2000 apps either, but the more apps you have, the more data and battery will be consumed. Some apps don't take anything when idle, but there are bad apps that do.

I have disabled background data for most of my apps. Most really don't need it.

If you haven't, you might want to install Blackberry Virtual Expert. It might be able to tell you the health of your battery. That's about the only thing it will do differently than just the batter section of the settings. It will also show you the current drain on the battery.

How good is your signal where you use the phone? I used to work on a riverboat, and when I was in a dressing room on the boat, I had horrible signal and I only got a few hours out of the battery. Here at home, I can get 13 hours with 3 1/2 hours of screen time. I can sometimes eek out 4 hours of screen time.

I am curious as to where you bought your phone and if it was new.

Also, of you haven't, clear your cache and do a hard reset, hold the power button down for 32 seconds.
    02-25-18 06:30 PM
81 123 ...