Has anyone wondered if it might have been better for them to make the Blade slider with a G Flex screen. That would increase durability which is something that BlackBerry is known for.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 03:06 PM
    Imagine having it laying flat face-down on the table during a meeting. Having notifications light up one side of the screen would be nice since the red blinking light would not be visible. No vibrations needed. Not only that, but you can possibly have the screen notifications light up in different colors so you know if you need to pick it up or not... like a virtual red blinking light. Everyone at the table is just staring at your crazy phone. Why is it lighting up like that? Is the phaser about to go off, and in which direction? Who's going to get hit?
    You sir are having a 'curve'gasm

Basically you are expecting the feature in galaxy edge.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-20-15 01:16 AM
    You sir are having a 'curve'gasm

Basically you are expecting the feature in galaxy edge.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    I like to think of it as the squircle re-incarnated in it's new functional form.
    05-22-15 02:48 PM
    Why would anyone want that gimmicky curved screen? It does not boost any productivity whatsoever

Posted via CB10
    How do you know ?? Have you seen the phone and played with it?? Do you know someone at blackberry giving you inside scoop?? No so be quiet and wait till it get released

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    05-25-15 08:38 PM
    How do you know ?? Have you seen the phone and played with it?? Do you know someone at blackberry giving you inside scoop?? No so be quiet and wait till it get released

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    as a matter of fact, since you asked, yes I do know plenty of people from BlackBerry since I am from Waterloo. I have played with the S6 Edge enough to know that this is more of a gimmick than a useful feature. And if you try to sell this feature by saying you place it face down during a meeting, that is just dumb. I don't know what kind of meetings you attend where you can just pick up your phone and start typing away unless you're an exec. So quit being a smart@$$
    05-28-15 08:02 PM
    Toolbelt.

I know BlackBerry 10 isn't designed for using it, etc, etc, but it's still a giant plus for me. Hell, I wouldn't even swipe anymore if I had a toolbelt. It hurts my thumbs.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    05-29-15 05:29 AM
    I think the keyboard being the significant differentiator on the slider MUST be the focus of the design: on the Torch 9810, the design seems to reflect a desire to keep the device compact or whatever, and therefore the keyboard was (IMO) too small, and the raised edges around the keyboard interfered with typing.

If the Slider design starts with the Classic keyboard, in terms of size, then builds the device that sensibly pairs with that device in terms of 16 x 9 screen size, we'll have a weeeener.

I think that's going to make for a screen at least the size of the Z30 or even larger: if making the screen smaller means making the keyboard smaller, I think that's a step in the wrong direction. Also, the slider mechanism does introduce a few MM of extra thickness (for the track, the gap between screen and backside, etc.) so a wider longer device makes for room to thin-out the battery and spread out the other components so the device can be thin (which is important to lots and lots of people, even though I don't care so much, and I do think there's such a thing as TOO thin, like the iPhone is.)

I'd like the device to have the best specs you can cram in, and as if my avatar doesn't say it, the toolbelt is an asset to BlackBerry devices that facilitates one handed operation even with the keyboard open. Some people couldn't care less about one handed operation... but mostly I think you'll see people who couldn't care less say they "could care less" erroneously because really they couldn't care less, which makes me wonder if they don't care about one handed operation BECAUSE they're stupid, or they're stupid BECAUSE they don't care about one handed operation. That's a puzzler. (I'M JUST TEASING GET OVER YOURSELVES!)

Has anyone wondered if it might have been better for them to make the Blade slider with a G Flex screen. That would increase durability which is something that BlackBerry is known for.
    Given the choice between a Galaxy S6 Edge style "curved edge screen" and an LG Flex or that "Blade" prototype style "crescent curve screen", I would choose the latter... but I don't think we get that choice. I think Samsung is so keen to show their screen tech can be used by other vendors in other applications that BlackBerry is playing along for... other considerations (maybe a REALLY GOOD PRICE PER UNIT on the screens? Let's hope so). I hope it is more functional than merely form-in-al. That's not a word, but I think you know what I mean.
    06-02-15 09:30 AM
    I hope it is more functional than merely form-in-al. That's not a word, but I think you know what I mean.
    Phenomenal right?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 11:18 AM
33 12