As BlackBerry Venice is running on Android.. people with bb10 devices are expecting bbveniceos upgrade..
    What do u think will happen..
    Will blackberry os10 get removed and our bb10 devices. Becomes android.. ?
    Or nothing will be given to bb10 devices.. ?
    What will happen to bb10 devices? Upgrade to bbveniceos or nothing?-images.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 07:50 PM
    The same thing that happened to BB OS7 is now happening to BB10.
    BB10 devices will continue to be BB10 devices just like BB OS7 devices are still BB OS7 devices.
    Any new BB10 devices will be unlikely to include the BlackBerry Android Runtime in order to comply with the requirements of the OHA for using Google Android on the Venice Slider.
    BB10.3.3 may simply be BB10.3.2 without the Android runtime.
    nealworld likes this.
    09-19-15 08:08 PM
    I don't think there will be any new bb10 devices..
    One thing that's getting wrong here by BlackBerry is with new devices they launch new features and there old users don't get to see those features..
    In ios and android that's not the case.. any one can upgrade to android m and anyone can enjoy features on any featured handset..

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 09:20 PM
    The difference is that Apple isn't struggling to stay in the hardware business and isn't changing operating systems in order to do it. And, in the Android world if one manufacturer goes under there's another one waiting to take its place.
    09-19-15 09:45 PM
    I don't think there will be any new bb10 devices..
    One thing that's getting wrong here by BlackBerry is with new devices they launch new features and there old users don't get to see those features..
    In ios and android that's not the case.. any one can upgrade to android m and anyone can enjoy features on any featured handset..

Posted via CB10
    To reengineer the Android OS to run on legacy BB10 devices, including building all of the drivers etc, would be folly - expensive with little payoff. We also know that Android needs a lot more horsepower than BB10 - which basically eliminates all but the Passport from being up to the task.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-19-15 10:18 PM
    To reengineer the Android OS to run on legacy BB10 devices, including building all of the drivers etc, would be folly - expensive with little payoff. We also know that Android needs a lot more horsepower than BB10 - which basically eliminates all but the Passport from being up to the task.

This. Maybe the Passport, because it is different and could generate some publicity. The Classic probably isn't up for the task, even if it would have been great, a lot of people like that form factor. (Besides, does android even support the trackpad? Could be too much hassle to get it working properly.)
    09-20-15 01:08 AM
    This. Maybe the Passport, because it is different and could generate some publicity. The Classic probably isn't up for the task, even if it would have been great, a lot of people like that form factor. (Besides, does android even support the trackpad? Could be too much hassle to get it working properly.)
    I would definitely say possibly the Passport (yes, I know I'm not getting my feet wet), because of the specs on one hand and because it's the only BlackBerry we've seen with Android on leaked pics and videos, apart from the slider obviously, on the other hand

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    ayngling likes this.
    09-20-15 07:54 AM
    So you are saying if we get the Venice is build and try to install on bb10 device.. it will fail in most the devices.. ? ..

I think like Venice.. All the bb10 devices except q series are capable of running bbveniceos

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 08:18 AM
    So you are saying if we get the Venice is build and try to install on bb10 device.. it will fail in most the devices.. ? ..

I think like Venice.. All the bb10 devices except q series are capable of running bbveniceos

Posted via CB10
    It would fail to install on any legacy device without specific hardware drivers and BlackBerry signed keys.

09-20-15 08:21 AM
    Oh.. I will try for sure.. but I was thinking that if BlackBerry is going to make all bb10 to android.. they can solve the mystery and we can get the latest BlackBerry features.. !! This should happen and should be considered..

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 09:28 AM
    Oh.. I will try for sure..
    Might be a good way to brick your phone, then you'd have a good excuse to splurge on the Slider.
    09-20-15 10:27 AM
    Might be a good way to brick your phone, then you'd have a good excuse to splurge on the Slider.
    Its blackberry Z3 here .. its not much as I now sometimes feel that its slider .. and try slide up the screen ///
    09-21-15 02:43 AM