Thanks again for all the input. I decided not to wait for the mid range phones. Going to go play with the Priv, S 7 and nexus 6P . Will buy a new phone by May .

One last question for those that have a priv. Will my contacts sync through my email as they do now on my Z30? I have nothing on my Sim and no local contacts. Hoping to add my email and boom, will they appear?

Posted via CB10
    My Contacts and Calendar, in the google cloud, transferred with no real issues.
    04-13-16 12:17 AM
    I don't have Google cloud/Gmail. I have a Hotmail that is populated with my contacts. In the past the active sync took are if everything. Does this mean I have to move my contacts to Google? Or will it work like in the past?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 06:21 AM
    Sorry, I don't know about Active Sync.

There is also a Content Transfer app in both Google Play and BBWorld.

Do you have a TON of contacts or calendar items?
    04-13-16 08:38 AM
    I don't have Google cloud/Gmail. I have a Hotmail that is populated with my contacts. In the past the active sync took are if everything. Does this mean I have to move my contacts to Google? Or will it work like in the past?

Posted via CB10
    You can sync your hotmail contacts when you set up your hotmail account. Whether you use the native email app or a third party app, it gives you the option to sync your contacts. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but if you never used an Android before, you must create a Gmail account to get access to the Google Play Store. When I switched to Android a years ago, I put all my contacts in my Gmail account to make things easier.
    I believe you can import your hotmail contacts to your Gmail account if you want to. I did that with my Rogers email account to Gmail, but not with hotmail. I hope that helps.
    Last edited by wirelessgal; 04-13-16 at 12:38 PM. Reason: correction
    marco44 likes this.
    04-13-16 11:52 AM
    BlackBerry said they will release an all touch I believe around a $400 price tag. The part that worries is that the device could have lower specs than the Priv because of its pricetag. And I do not consider that a flagship like the current phones on the market.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    marco44 likes this.
    04-13-16 12:00 PM
    BlackBerry said they will release an all touch I believe around a $400 price tag. The part that worries is that the device could have lower specs than the Priv because of its pricetag. And I do not consider that a flagship like the current phones on the market.

If you look at all the mid range Androids, they all have 2gb of RAM and a slower processor. I highly doubt the 2 mid range BlackBerry devices will have the same specs as the Priv. I could be wrong and John can surprise us. But then it's no longer a mid range phone. For people who are using high end phones, this probably will not appeal to them, unless you want a backup phone. However, if BlackBerry wants to stay in the handset industry, then this is a smart move, IMO. A lot of people can't afford high end phones and this will appeal to the masses.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    04-13-16 12:42 PM
    As I sit here watching, yes watching as the the battery % go down. As I wait for delivery of a new unlocked Passport. I say if you are sitting at a desk at work, and set your Priv on it while not in use. You'll love the Priv. Mine is going back, I can live with both sides of lower screen clicking, I can live with the phone becoming so hot I can feel the heat from my hand placed three inches above, but I cannot live with a phone that, like this morning, took it off charger at 715 and by 930 had a 63% charge!

04-13-16 03:53 PM
    One last question, promise lol now that I know I can sync my contacts via Hotmail or trf to Gmail and sync . what about my calendar??
    I use the icloud email and sync it with my Z30 because the rest of my family all have I phones. Will I be able to sync Icloud with the calendar in the priv?? Has anyone done this with BlackBerry cal on the priv yet?

Thx

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 08:57 PM
58 123