My Z30 has had it. This forum has convinced me that Priv is probably the way to go. However with the hinting of 2 more phones coming down the pipe, should I wait?
    I am an all touch phone and prefer no PKB.
    Will the spec's on the new mid range differ enough to warrant getting the priv now? Do I wait for more info?

To boot the hardware Div may shut down and then where does that leave me?

Thanks for any input

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 09:05 AM
    Why wait? If you are going to go Android anyway, there are many, many options out there with much better specs, and various price points.
    With BlackBerry, coming soon could mean a long time......
    04-10-16 09:13 AM
    Having both a Priv and Nexus 6p in the household, the PRIV is no slouch. That being said, if you're purchasing the devices unlocked I can see where an S7 Edge, 6p etc would be tempting.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    marco44 likes this.
    04-10-16 09:21 AM
    Depends on what you mean by "had it"... is the thing totally dead or are you able to wait it out a bit longer. While I agree that "soon" is entirely relative and it likely won't be until closer to the end of the year before we see more devices, there is probably a very good chance that the Priv will drop in price around the same time so you would also have that as an option.

Nobody can make the call for you. If price isn't an issue, I'd say get the Priv now since it has all the greatness of an all-touch device and more! And, you might surprise yourself with how much you actually do like using the physical keyboard.
    ty88 and marco44 like this.
    04-10-16 09:22 AM
    Really can't recommend the Priv. Mediocre build quality - especially for the price - and pretty much middle of the road everywhere else. Battery life is erratic, most Privs suffer from considerable overheating, and finally: The PKB is pretty terrible compared to Bold or Q10.
    Really no reason to go Priv at this point.

04-10-16 05:41 PM
    Great points and I appreciate the input. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-10-16 10:24 PM
    Really can't recommend the Priv. Mediocre build quality - especially for the price - and pretty much middle of the road everywhere else. Battery life is erratic, most Privs suffer from considerable overheating, and finally: The PKB is pretty terrible compared to Bold or Q10.
    Really no reason to go Priv at this point.

I disagree completely with all points here. The Priv PKB has been terrific once I became accustomed - and using it as a trackpad is a great bonus (the VKB is also top-notch if you prefer typing on glass), overall build is beautiful, and my battery has been a beast since December. But to each his own. One thing everyone can agree on, it takes time to learn and adjust. If not necessary, why wait?
    Bay 13 likes this.
    04-11-16 12:18 AM
    why not look on ebay and pick up a cheap blackberry on there till you make your mind up or until the other 2 phones are released
    marco44 and Blackerthanblack like this.
    04-11-16 12:23 AM
    As someone who recently upgraded from the Z30 to the Priv I have to say that I'm really impressed with the Priv. Yes, I understand that it might be slightly overpriced for the specs but still, it fills in all the gaps that I've had with my Z30. I mainly use the phone for business and I used to use my Z30 together with my Windows tablet. Since I've moved to the Priv I haven't even switched on my tablet. It's an awesome productivity tool, and the battery life really isn't that bad.
    marco44 and Bay 13 like this.
    04-11-16 01:29 AM
    I went from the S7 edge to the priv and don't regret it one of the best phone's I have used but the only thing I have found is the battery life is not as good as other phones

Bay 13 likes this.
    04-11-16 05:20 AM
    get a zenfone 2 root it put mm on it while you wait for the next bb while saving a ton of money
    04-11-16 02:50 PM
    I had a z30. I have a Priv and I too am a bit disappointed. Not with the features, trust me this phone can mix with the best, but with the battery. I need my phone to last atleast day .. Priv doesn't do it . I get 3.5 to 4 hours screen time doing nothing major. Battery is so important. Get the s7 edge . Endurance rating at 96h
    marco44 likes this.
    04-11-16 02:57 PM
    You have a couple of options. Get the Priv which is a fine choice with a few drawbacks (my battery has always sucked and I'm not a fan of the keyboard), or get something that is a true beast of an Android phone for much less of a price like the Nexus 6P. If you like the Hub and BB keyboard you can load them onto it, although the Priv hub isn't that great compared to BB10's.

Either way I don't think you'll be making a bad decision, unless the name Blackberry is a huge factor for you when buying then there are better phones than the Priv at the same or a lower price.
    FF22 and marco44 like this.
    04-11-16 03:21 PM
    My Z30 has had it. This forum has convinced me that Priv is probably the way to go. However with the hinting of 2 more phones coming down the pipe, should I wait?
    Will the spec's on the new mid range differ enough to warrant getting the priv now? Do I wait for more info?

Thanks for any input

Posted via CB10
    If you don't want a PKB, don't go Priv, there's no point paying extra for something you won't use, imho.
    marco44 likes this.
    04-11-16 04:42 PM
    I would say, if you have the money or upgrade available, just go with the PRIV if the form factor is your cup of tea.

If you desire a full-screen device only and don't need a physical keyboard, then wait. On the flipside, if you desire a device with a physical keyboard, then also wait; although we don't know if this upcoming keyboard device will be a slider as well (I really hope not).
    marco44 likes this.
    04-11-16 04:54 PM
    Honestly, I wouldn't wait for the mid range Blackberries to come out. They will have lower end specs than the Priv and most likely will only have
    2gb of RAM. I could be wrong, but I doubt those mid range phones will get Android N. Even though you prefer a full touchscreen phone, you can still give the Priv a try and see if you like it. Many don't even use the physical keyboard and use it as a cursor.

That being said, like others have said, there are many other options out there. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has amazing battery life and it's the best Android device out there now....in terms of specs. Nexus 6P is a great option if you want stock Android and be the first to get updates.
    HTC is going to announce the HTC 10 tomorrow. This is HTC's last chance of survival. I would not recommend to LG G5. Way to many build quality issues. There's the Sony Z5 Premium. It's close to stock Android with a splash of Sony apps. Personally, I wouldn't buy phones from OnePlus, Xiaomi, Meizu....because warranty could be a pain to deal with.

I was a long time BlackBerry user. When they switched to BB10, I had the Z10, Q10, Z30 and Q5...I still have the Q5. But things change and BB10 wasn't suited me for me. So I switched to Android and I love it. For some people, it may be overwhelming to use an Android. There is a bit of a learning curve depending on what phone you get. Samsung's touchwiz is the heaviest and probably the most complicated to learn at first. But there are so many apps, you can customize the heck out of your phone......Android is not going anywhere.

I hope this helps.
    marco44 likes this.
    04-11-16 05:26 PM
    These responses have changed my mind many times over the last 24 hours lol I tried thanking you all but the thanks doesn't work on my app
    Anyway my next step is to try and play with the Priv and S7 etc hopefully that will help. Thinking those mid ranges are to far away and will have much lower specs.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 07:58 PM
    Anyway my next step is to try and play with the Priv and S7 etc hopefully that will help.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    You said it...only you will know what works for you.

Good luck.
    04-11-16 08:08 PM
    Well, the new midrange phones could have similar specs as the Priv as those will be midrange for sure when they launch.

04-11-16 08:25 PM
    I didn't know they could pack more hardware into a smaller device. So I'd guess these "midrange phones" will be more bulky than the BlackBerry Priv.
    Just sayin...
    04-11-16 08:36 PM
    These responses have changed my mind many times over the last 24 hours lol I tried thanking you all but the thanks doesn't work on my app
    Anyway my next step is to try and play with the Priv and S7 etc hopefully that will help. Thinking those mid ranges are to far away and will have much lower specs.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    What's even funnier is that if you're asking people's opinions you probably wouldn't know the difference between a mid range phone and high end, no offence meant...
    04-11-16 09:36 PM
    Buy the Priv . . you will not regret it.

BlackBerry Priv | 5.1.1 AAD444 | Bell
    04-11-16 09:40 PM
    I went from the S7 edge to the priv and don't regret it one of the best phone's I have used but the only thing I have found is the battery life is not as good as other phones

Wow, that's basically a downgrade though. I was actually thinking of getting the S7Edge after using the Priv for a while...

04-11-16 09:47 PM

Thanks for any input

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry will be supporting the priv for years to come. It's a great device . . . highly recommend, especially with the recent discount!

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-11-16 09:48 PM
    Typing this from a Priv, but if it were me I'd wait for the Alcatel Idol 4S to be released: AMOLED screen, stereo speakers, dual SIM, microSD card. Add on the BlackBerry apps and you're good to go!

04-11-16 09:54 PM
58 123