So I was pretty bored today and decided to post a video of one of my Android phones. The point of this is to give an idea of what to expect for people who aren't familiar with android and people who are looking forward to packing up the Priv. I wish I went a bit more in depth. Well, enjoy.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    Uzi, Deckard79 and anon(9186565) like this.
    10-04-15 09:12 PM
    Please don't become my BlackBerry 'better' than android's thread
    And thanks OP for sharing
    10-04-15 09:46 PM
    Thanks, yeah I'm not trying to tick anyone off here. I'm just trying to show what android is capable of for people who aren't familiar with Android and people who are getting a Priv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-04-15 09:48 PM
    Loll great demo. Swift key is good but it'll be nice if the blackberry vkb is available for those who prefer it.

Nice demo of the photos app and basically what an ecosystem actually is in addition to apps.

There are so many conveniences that blackberry users miss out on.

One example is I can't use the 7eleven app to collect for my free drinks loll.

Not trying to say one is better tho...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-04-15 10:12 PM
    Loll great demo. Swift key is good but it'll be nice if the blackberry vkb is available for those who prefer it.

Nice demo of the photos app and basically what an ecosystem actually is in addition to apps.

There are so many conveniences that blackberry users miss out on.

One example is I can't use the 7eleven app to collect for my free drinks loll.

Not trying to say one is better tho...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    AFAIK BlackBerry use swift key technology with their keyboard and they modified it. Is there any android keyboard can flicking word like bb keyboard?
    10-04-15 10:21 PM
    AFAIK BlackBerry use swift key technology with their keyboard and they modified it. Is there any android keyboard can flicking word like bb keyboard?
    No, I don't think so. I'm hoping the onscreen keyboard on the Priv offers the ability to flick words like I'm bb10.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-04-15 10:30 PM
    so what calendar and weather apps were they? wished someone did that with blackberry oh well, i do miss widgets **** the work if you install a launcher and open it too, not great so most wont do it
    10-05-15 06:08 AM
    I think almost everyone here has some experience with Android. It's kinda like Windows, it's everywhere.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-05-15 06:11 AM
    My own personal experience with Android hasn't been good, although the last Android device I owned was over a year ago (Nexus 10 tablet).

My main problems were with inconsistent (at times delayed, stuttery) performance, some crashing and a few worrying security issues (ad messages popping up on Samsung Galaxy S2, endless tabs being generated when visiting a site on my wife's Nexus 7 2nd Edition).

Hoping this will have improved somewhat by now, as I may consider the Priv if initial reviews/impressions are positive.

This is, of course, NOT to say that BB10 is perfect in comparison.
    10-05-15 06:38 AM
    I was trying to upload photos in Google plus last night and it kept crashing the browser. Android is seriously not my cup of tea.

Just waiting on getting my LG traded in for a Z30 instead.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 07:18 AM